News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Rich Goodale

The Seve movie
« on: April 09, 2017, 02:47:50 PM »
Watching it now with tears in my eyes.  Brilliant and uplifting.
Life is good.

Any afterlife is unlikely and/or dodgy.

Jean-Paul Parodi

BHoover

Re: The Seve movie
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2017, 03:36:08 PM »
Wait, you are watching the Seve movie during the final round of the Masters? If true, this is peak GCA.

Rich Goodale

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2017, 04:12:04 PM »
Yes

2+ TVs including one in the cludgie...
Life is good.

Jean-Paul Parodi

Steve Lang

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2017, 05:19:08 PM »
Watched it, yes a bit emotional, especially today, Seve's B-day, and then turned on tv to watch start of the Masters, back 9 for Sergio & Justin..

Inverness (Toledo, OH) cathedral clock inscription: "God measures men by what they are. Not what they in wealth possess.  That vibrant message chimes afar.
The voice of Inverness"

Steve Lang

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2017, 05:20:27 PM »
Sergio appears to be channeling Seve, oops maybe not, but two holes to go,  wow, go Sergio, now one, game on!

oooooooooohhhh my!

Extra innings
« Last Edit: April 09, 2017, 07:28:19 PM by Steve Lang »
Inverness (Toledo, OH) cathedral clock inscription: "God measures men by what they are. Not what they in wealth possess.  That vibrant message chimes afar.
The voice of Inverness"

Rich Goodale

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2017, 06:27:08 PM »
SERGIO!
Life is good.

Jean-Paul Parodi

Steve Lang

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2017, 07:30:24 PM »
Wonderful Sergio!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Seve would be very proud ;D 

« Last Edit: April 09, 2017, 08:17:34 PM by Steve Lang »
The voice of Inverness"

Rich Goodale

« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2017, 07:36:49 PM »
One of the greatest Majors ever.
Life is good.

Jean-Paul Parodi

Sven Nilsen

« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2017, 08:40:35 PM »

Been hitting the Scotch Rich? 

Pales in comparison to last year's Open. 
"As much as we have learned about the history of golf architecture in the last ten plus years, I'm convinced we have only scratched the surface."  A GCA Poster

"There's the golf hole; play it any way you please." Donald Ross

James Bennett

« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2017, 12:53:16 AM »
Sven

Rich did say "one of the greatest". Not "the greatest".
I don't think rebuking him with a sample of only one major is very effective.

James B
Bob; its impossible to explain some of the clutter that gets recalled from the attic between my ears. .  (SL Solow)

Sven Nilsen

« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2017, 01:04:38 AM »
Sven

James B

Okay then James.  To just use the Masters as our pool, it pales in comparison to Jack in '86, Tiger's first win, Crenshaw in '95, Phil in '03, Freddie, Larry Mize, etc.  I could go on. 

Even for playoff drama I'd take Adam Scott or Bubba over this one.

"As much as we have learned about the history of golf architecture in the last ten plus years, I'm convinced we have only scratched the surface."  A GCA Poster

"There's the golf hole; play it any way you please." Donald Ross

James Bennett

« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2017, 04:04:07 AM »
Sven

I was going to comment that your favourite Masters involve Americans.
But that would be to disregard your stated preference for last year's Open involving Mickelson and Stenson.
 ;)

This year was a two-person battle, with significant changes over the first few holes (to Sergio), then over the middle holes (to Justin) and then a fightback from Sergio on the 13-15 run.
Finished with a further see-saw and tension over 16-18 and playoff.

If I was to be dismissive of the final round, I would comment on how common a score of 68-69 was on the final day.

James B
Bob; its impossible to explain some of the clutter that gets recalled from the attic between my ears. .  (SL Solow)

jeffwarne

« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2017, 10:11:30 AM »

I thought it was really good-certainly one of my favorites
"Let's slow the damned greens down a bit, not take the character out of them." Tom Doak
"Take their focus off the grass and put it squarely on interesting golf." Don Mahaffey

Garland Bayley

« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2017, 01:45:30 PM »
Sven

James B

Okay then James.  To just use the Masters as our pool, it pales in comparison to Jack in '86, Tiger's first win, Crenshaw in '95, Phil in '03, Freddie, Larry Mize, etc.  I could go on. 

Even for playoff drama I'd take Adam Scott or Bubba over this one.

Hear! Hear!
"I enjoy a course where the challenges are contained WITHIN it, and recovery is part of the game  not a course where the challenge is to stay ON it." Jeff Warne

Wayne_Kozun

« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2017, 01:49:29 PM »
And all 36 million people in Canada would take Mike Weir's playoff win over Len Mattiace from 2003.

Garland Bayley

« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2017, 02:04:52 PM »
Sven

I was going to comment that your favourite Masters involve Americans.

He can't help it that Jack beat Greg, Larry beat Greg, Phil beat Ernie, Bubba beat Louis. So you see it wasn't all Americans. ;) Just American winners.
"I enjoy a course where the challenges are contained WITHIN it, and recovery is part of the game  not a course where the challenge is to stay ON it." Jeff Warne

Rich Goodale

« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2017, 04:55:58 PM »

Been hitting the Scotch Rich? 

Pales in comparison to last year's Open.

Whisky is for cold, dark and dreich places, like Scotland and Sweden.  We're in Margueritaville over here in Florida.

BTW, remind who won the Open last year  He couldn't have been Swedish, could he?

Rich
Life is good.

Jean-Paul Parodi

PCCraig

« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2017, 05:35:22 PM »
Who cares how this last Masters ranks. It was awesome and fun to watch. Just enjoy it!
H.P.S.

Terry Lavin

« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2017, 08:37:14 PM »
Who cares how this last Masters ranks. It was awesome and fun to watch. Just enjoy it!

I liked it until the nervous putting broke out. I'm glad Garcia won for a number of reasons but you're right. There's nothing but argument there. Then again, that's a fair part of what we do hereabouts.

Let's move on to Lee Westwood whom I admire greatly and who hasn't gotten the major thing done yet. Here's hoping he wins the best championship of all this year. Claret Jug time.

Nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American people.  H.L. Mencken

PCCraig

« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2017, 09:29:05 AM »

I liked it until the nervous putting broke out. I'm glad Garcia won for a number of reasons but you're right. There's nothing but argument there. Then again, that's a fair part of what we do hereabouts.

Let's move on to Lee Westwood whom I admire greatly and who hasn't gotten the major thing done yet. Here's hoping he wins the best championship of all this year. Claret Jug time.

I agree. Sergio's 4 footer on 18 in regulation was really ugly. And Rose's punch out of the trees in the playoff was less than spectacular. But overall it was certainly fun to watch. Sergio's putt in the playoff, and the shots being hit on #15 and #16 were really awesome.

Yes, I would like to see Westwood win as well. But his putting seems to be in an even worse place than Sergio's?
H.P.S.

jeffwarne

« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2017, 09:54:47 AM »

A great movie and a great event
« Last Edit: April 11, 2017, 09:56:28 AM by jeffwarne »
"Let's slow the damned greens down a bit, not take the character out of them." Tom Doak
"Take their focus off the grass and put it squarely on interesting golf." Don Mahaffey

MClutterbuck

« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2017, 12:47:03 PM »

I agree. Sergio's 4 footer on 18 in regulation was really ugly.

A friend played Monday. He is a scratch golfer. He took 5 tries at Sergio's putt on 18 and did not make it. He said it was really, really tricky.

jeffwarne

« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2017, 01:53:34 PM »
Spot on Mclutterbuck

After all a Member-Guest is very similar.......with a partner.....and hundreds on the line...

Now try making it KNOWING you can't three-putt
« Last Edit: December 23, 2018, 07:57:49 PM by jeffwarne »

jeffwarne

« Reply #23 on: December 23, 2018, 08:01:46 PM »
watching the Seve movie now

Here's something-he's the SAME age as Bernhard Langer! (who is playing nearly the best golf of his life...)

Imagine being able to watch Seve live weekly today

David_Tepper

« Reply #24 on: December 23, 2018, 08:54:55 PM »
I started this thread a month or so ago. It has links to youtube videos of 4 guys who caddied for Seve at various times in his career. They talk about what it was like being on his bag and watching the magic happen.

http://www.golfclubatlas.com/forum/index.php/topic,66539.0.html

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back