News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Tim Gallant

Re: Goswick Get Together - 21st January?
« Reply #25 on: December 16, 2016, 03:47:14 AM »
Thank you for arranging Mark, and please count me in as well!

Marty Bonnar

« Reply #26 on: December 16, 2016, 08:36:07 AM »
Sorry boys. Think I might have to pass. Still currently 'resting between jobs' as they say in the theatre!
Cheers,
F.
The White River runs dark through the heart of the Town,
Washed the people coal-black from the hole in the ground.

Mark Pearce

« Reply #27 on: December 20, 2016, 09:55:08 AM »
We have 8.  Interest was previously expressed by messrs Goodale and Boon.  Are you guys still interested?
In June I will be riding the first three stages of this year's Tour de France route for charity.  630km (394 miles) in three days, with 7800m (25,600 feet) of climbing for the William Wates Memorial Trust (https://rideleloop.org/the-charity/) which supports underprivileged young people.

Mark Pearce

« Reply #28 on: December 20, 2016, 10:00:12 AM »
Three groups booked in for a 10am start on 21st January.  Hope that's OK with everyone.
In June I will be riding the first three stages of this year's Tour de France route for charity.  630km (394 miles) in three days, with 7800m (25,600 feet) of climbing for the William Wates Memorial Trust (https://rideleloop.org/the-charity/) which supports underprivileged young people.

Niall C

« Reply #29 on: December 20, 2016, 10:05:22 AM »
Mark

Once again, many thanks for organising. I dare say we should be able to find fill ins if we can't get a full quota from GCA but hopefully both Rich and James can make it.

Niall

Sean_A

« Reply #30 on: December 20, 2016, 10:52:07 AM »
Three groups booked in for a 10am start on 21st January.  Hope that's OK with everyone.

Mark

I am interested in playing as well.  Where are folks planning on staying Friday/Saturday?

Ciao
New plays planned for 2024:Winterfield, Alnmouth, Camden, Palmetto Bluff Crossroads Course, Colleton River Dye Course  & Old Barnwell

Mark Pearce

« Reply #31 on: December 20, 2016, 11:33:42 AM »
Sean,

Excellent.  I live within an hour's drive, so won't be staying but if I was, near Goswick I'd probably look at staying in Bamburgh or Seahouses, which have plenty of accommodation options.  Depending on your Sunday plans you might look at somewhere around Newcastle (you may want to look at Close House on Sunday, for instance, or one of the Colt courses at Northumberland or Brancepeth Castle), which has plenty of options and may not be as wild as usual in mid January.  It makes sense for those looking to stay to coordinate, I guess.

For those possibly interested in Bamburgh Castle on the Sunday, I'll speak to a mate who's a member on Saturday and see if he might be able to sort something there, though I can't imagine the unaccompanied rate in January will be usurious.

Sean_A

« Reply #32 on: December 20, 2016, 12:05:08 PM »
Sean,

Excellent.  I live within an hour's drive, so won't be staying but if I was, near Goswick I'd probably look at staying in Bamburgh or Seahouses, which have plenty of accommodation options.  Depending on your Sunday plans you might look at somewhere around Newcastle (you may want to look at Close House on Sunday, for instance, or one of the Colt courses at Northumberland or Brancepeth Castle), which has plenty of options and may not be as wild as usual in mid January.  It makes sense for those looking to stay to coordinate, I guess.

For those possibly interested in Bamburgh Castle on the Sunday, I'll speak to a mate who's a member on Saturday and see if he might be able to sort something there, though I can't imagine the unaccompanied rate in January will be usurious.

Isn't the thriving town of Berwick worth a stay?

Ciao
New plays planned for 2024:Winterfield, Alnmouth, Camden, Palmetto Bluff Crossroads Course, Colleton River Dye Course  & Old Barnwell

Mark Pearce

« Reply #33 on: December 20, 2016, 12:14:13 PM »
To be entirely honest, I very rarely visit Berwick, so couldn't say.  Will be a bit more there than Bamburgh, for sure.

Mark Pearce

« Reply #34 on: December 20, 2016, 12:25:37 PM »
Crucially, Berwick Rangers are at home that Saturday, so anyone wanting to catch them play Clyde (in Scottish Div 2) at 3pm could manage it if they get away quickly.....

Sean_A

« Reply #35 on: December 20, 2016, 01:47:49 PM »
If we have 6 guys staying we could try for this place for Friday night... 6 guys £27...5 guys £32...4 guys £40

http://www.elmbankaccommodation.co.uk/

Who wants in?

Ciao

Tony_Muldoon

« Reply #36 on: December 20, 2016, 05:27:43 PM »
Mark I'd love to join you, thanks for organising.

Sean I'm in.

I'll come up by train just tell me which pub to find you in. ;)

If I can cadge a lift Saturday night, I'm off to the other Berwick, North of this one, for a Sunday game.
Happy to host 3. If there are more and we can make it work, then we'll split the costs so a max of £25.00 each (upto 7). PS its off mats.
Post here or PM me if interested. Its possible that my tee time will be at 9 (need to catch a train) and the other one at 12.30 but we'll see what we can do.

Merry Christmas everyone.

Let's make GCA grate again!

Michael Graham

« Reply #37 on: December 21, 2016, 03:42:01 AM »
Mark I'd love to join you, thanks for organising.

Sean I'm in.

I'll come up by train just tell me which pub to find you in. ;)

If I can cadge a lift Saturday night, I'm off to the other Berwick, North of this one, for a Sunday game.
Happy to host 3. If there are more and we can make it work, then we'll split the costs so a max of £25.00 each (upto 7). PS its off mats.
Post here or PM me if interested. Its possible that my tee time will be at 9 (need to catch a train) and the other one at 12.30 but we'll see what we can do.

Merry Christmas everyone.

Tony,

Glad you'll be able to make it to Goswick. I'll be heading back to North Berwick on the afternoon of the 21st so happy to give you a lift north of the border.

Michael

Rich Goodale

« Reply #38 on: December 24, 2016, 12:42:25 AM »
Mark

Once again, many thanks for organising. I dare say we should be able to find fill ins if we can't get a full quota from GCA but hopefully both Rich and James can make it.

Niall

Hi Mark (et.al.).  Looks like a great event, but I must send my regrets as I will be in Florida then.

All the best

Richj
Life is good.

Any afterlife is unlikely and/or dodgy.

Jean-Paul Parodi

Jon Byron

« Reply #39 on: December 24, 2016, 09:32:46 PM »
Played today in NJ. Will play Boxing Day as well. Merry Christmas, and glad to join at Goswick thanks
Haven't played since yesterday, not playing until tomorrow, hardly playing at all!

Sean_A

« Reply #40 on: December 27, 2016, 01:55:56 PM »
Mark

Add a plus one for me...cheers.

Ciao

James Boon

« Reply #41 on: January 01, 2017, 10:20:25 AM »
Mark,
Sorry for taking time to respond. Was trying to make this work, but its not to be. Hope you all have fun!
Cheers,
James
2023 Highlights: Hollinwell (Notts), Brora, Aberdovey, Royal St Davids, Woodhall Spa, Broadstone, Parkstone, Cleeve, Painswick, Minchinhampton, Hoylake

"It celebrates the unadulterated pleasure of being in a dialogue with nature while knocking a ball round on foot." Richard Pennell

Mark Pearce

« Reply #42 on: January 02, 2017, 08:37:25 AM »
We are now 12 (me, Giles Payne, Jon Byron, Jon Wiggett, David McIntosh, Michael Graham, Niall Carlton, Duncan Cheslett, Tim Gallant, Sean Arble+1 and Tony Muldoon).  If anyone else wants to join us please let me know ASAP so that I can enquire about an additional time.  There's obviously a group heading up to NBWL on the Sunday.  Giles and I will, I suspect, play Northumberland on the Sunday AM if anybody wants to join us.  Anyone else planning anything else for the Sunday?

Sean_A

« Reply #43 on: January 03, 2017, 09:32:35 AM »
Mark

Thanks.

My Plus 1 (maybe his nick name from now on  :o ) and I are planing to play Seaton Carew on the 20th, Friday AM.  The price is right...£30.  Any takers?

Ciao

Mark Pearce

« Reply #44 on: January 03, 2017, 10:04:42 AM »
Wish I could, Sean, but it's my second week in a new job, so I'd better not.  It will be interesting to hear you compare the North East's two best links.

Giles Payne

« Reply #45 on: January 04, 2017, 09:37:14 AM »
Sean - what time? I would be travelling up from Nottingham.

Sean_A

« Reply #46 on: January 04, 2017, 11:52:42 AM »
Sean - what time? I would be travelling up from Nottingham.

Giles

We are planning to get up there at 10:30ish for breakfast then golf at 11:30ish.

Ciao

Giles Payne

« Reply #47 on: January 04, 2017, 12:46:03 PM »
That would work very well for me - count me in.

G

Duncan Cheslett

« Reply #48 on: January 05, 2017, 12:18:23 AM »
Mark

Thanks.

My Plus 1 (maybe his nick name from now on  :o ) and I are planing to play Seaton Carew on the 20th, Friday AM.  The price is right...£30.  Any takers?

Ciao

Sean,

I'll take the 4th slot at Seaton Carew  if its still free.

Sean_A

« Reply #49 on: January 05, 2017, 09:01:52 AM »
Duncan & Giles

Sounds good.

Duncan...are you planning to play West Links?

Ciao

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back