News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Mark Pearce

Goswick Get Together - 21st January?
« on: November 04, 2016, 10:41:54 PM »
There's been discussion of, and multiple expressions of interest in, a get together at Goswick.   I have, as the most nearly local in the group,  offered to arrange.  Earlier this year, a dozen of us played Gullane 3 towards the end of January.  Does a similar date suit people, or would it be preferable to wait until the spring? 

Edited to show proposed date of 21 January.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2016, 07:25:49 AM by Mark Pearce »
In June I will be riding the first three stages of this year's Tour de France route for charity.  630km (394 miles) in three days, with 7800m (25,600 feet) of climbing for the William Wates Memorial Trust (https://rideleloop.org/the-charity/) which supports underprivileged young people.

Jon Byron

Re: Goswick Get Together?
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2016, 12:00:26 AM »
Sat Jan 21 to Mon Jan 23 work for me.
Haven't played since yesterday, not playing until tomorrow, hardly playing at all!

Jon Wiggett

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2016, 04:10:35 AM »
Sat Jan 21 to Mon Jan 23 work for me.

Works for me too

Michael Graham

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2016, 05:11:51 AM »
Mark,

Thanks for taking the lead trying to get something organised. Those dates work for me too.

Michael

Niall C

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2016, 07:18:55 AM »
Mark

Absolutely. Are you thinking of a one day get together or an over nighter to maybe play a couple of other nearby courses ?

Niall

Mark Pearce

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2016, 08:29:13 AM »
Originally had in mind a one off day like Gullane 3.  Quite happy though to look at adding, say, Bamburgh Castle.
In June I will be riding the first three stages of this year's Tour de France route for charity.  630km (394 miles) in three days, with 7800m (25,600 feet) of climbing for the William Wates Memorial Trust (https://rideleloop.org/the-charity/) which supports underprivileged young people.

Jay Mickle

« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2016, 09:01:17 AM »
Intriguing
@MickleStix on Instagram
MickleStix.com

Jon Wiggett

« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2016, 01:12:43 PM »
Niall, Mark,

I am quite happy to extend to a second day for say Bamburgh, Dunbar or any other course.

Jon

David McIntosh

« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2016, 05:30:19 PM »
Mark,

Thanks for stepping up to arrange this. I'm sure it's one everyone is looking forward to after seeing the couple of excellent photo tours recently.

The weekend of 21/22 January would work fine for me too. Have you played the course at that time of year before? Will the full course be in play (i.e. no mats or winter greens etc)?

Rich Goodale

« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2016, 07:46:20 PM »
I'm tempted....

An apres-Hogmanay (1st or 2nd week of 2017) would be better for me, but I could change plans and do the later January suggestions.  I've never played Goswick but have admired it from not too much afar many times when taking the East Coast line from Edinburgh to London.

Please keep us informed, Mark

All the best

Rich
Life is good.

Any afterlife is unlikely and/or dodgy.

Jean-Paul Parodi

Duncan Cheslett

« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2016, 04:29:09 PM »
Is it Gozzick or Goz wick?

James Boon

« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2016, 04:43:25 PM »
Mark,

I'd be up for a trip to Goswick. Driven past many times on the way to Edinburgh but never had the time to stop, so will be good to make a specific trip!

Cheers,

James
2023 Highlights: Hollinwell (Notts), Brora, Aberdovey, Royal St Davids, Woodhall Spa, Broadstone, Parkstone, Cleeve, Painswick, Minchinhampton, Hoylake

"It celebrates the unadulterated pleasure of being in a dialogue with nature while knocking a ball round on foot." Richard Pennell

Marty Bonnar

« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2016, 07:13:04 PM »
Is it Gozzick or Goz wick?

More Gossick IIRC.

Cheers,
F.
The White River runs dark through the heart of the Town,
Washed the people coal-black from the hole in the ground.

Duncan Cheslett

« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2016, 12:25:57 AM »
Mark,

I'd be up for a trip to Goswick. Driven past many times on the way to Edinburgh but never had the time to stop, so will be good to make a specific trip!

Cheers,

James

Car share James?   :)

James Boon

« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2016, 05:21:00 AM »
Duncan,
Happily car share if I'm doing it as a long day trip or with a brief overnight stay, but depending upon timings I might make it into a long weekend with Mrs Boon...
Will e-mail you soon.
Cheers,
James
2023 Highlights: Hollinwell (Notts), Brora, Aberdovey, Royal St Davids, Woodhall Spa, Broadstone, Parkstone, Cleeve, Painswick, Minchinhampton, Hoylake

"It celebrates the unadulterated pleasure of being in a dialogue with nature while knocking a ball round on foot." Richard Pennell

David McIntosh

« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2016, 05:06:51 PM »
Mark,

Hope you enjoyed your trip to Oz. Sounded like you had a great schedule lined up and looking forward to hearing how it all went.

Thought I'd bump this thread and check if the Goswick get together was going ahead on 21-22 January, which seemed to work for most people who replied, or if we were looking to go for an alternative date?

Mark Pearce

« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2016, 06:48:55 AM »
Goswick can take us on 21 January.  The regular winter weekend green fee is £30 but they have a current offer of £110 for a 4 ball including coffee and a bacon roll beforehand.  They recommend booking before Christmas to secure times as the course is likely to be busy (few courses in the county will play as well in winter).  Can I get firm expressions of interest, so I know how many to book for?  Does an 11am tee time suit everyone?
« Last Edit: December 14, 2016, 07:26:41 AM by Mark Pearce »

Richard Fisher

Re: Goswick Get Together - 21st January?
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2016, 08:37:56 AM »
Dear Mark,

£27.50 for 18 holes at Goswick AND a bacon roll may set the 'bargain of the year' bar for 2017 unfeasibly high...I'm already committed to a Gog Magog outing to Northumberland later this spring, and so had (sadly) better pass on this occasion. Do hope you all have a thoroughly enjoyable time!

Michael Graham

« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2016, 08:47:07 AM »
Mark,

Thanks again for organising. Please put me down for 11:00 on the 21st.

Michael

Niall C

« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2016, 09:16:24 AM »
Mark

Well done, sign me up for that.

Niall

David McIntosh

« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2016, 09:27:56 AM »
Mark,

Thanks - 11am works fine for me. Put me down to play too please.

David

Jon Wiggett

« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2016, 01:23:03 PM »
As already said Mark count me in.

Jon

Duncan Cheslett

« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2016, 01:41:00 PM »
Count me in too, Mark.

It will inevitably entail an overnight stay for some of us, so what are the options for a game on the Sunday? North Berwick is one idea, but morning tee-times appear to be a problem.

Any thoughts?

Mark Pearce

« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2016, 01:58:20 PM »
Anyone staying overnight will either be in Berwick or Bamburgh or thereabouts, I'd expect.  Bamburgh Castle is likely to be easier to get on than NBWL!  Otherwise, the usual East Lothian possibilities (Dunbar may be possible) or, further south, Dunstanburgh Castle or Alnmouth Village.  I wouldn't play Alnmouth (Foxton) in January, I don't think.  Alternatively, anyone heading further south would be welcome at Northumberland but that's the best part of an hour south of Goswick.

Jon Byron

« Reply #24 on: December 15, 2016, 11:44:56 PM »
Count me in Mark ok?
Haven't played since yesterday, not playing until tomorrow, hardly playing at all!

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back