News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

John Kavanaugh

Re: Why so few power trolleys in the US?
« Reply #25 on: September 17, 2016, 10:40:02 AM »
I just bought one because my wife caddies for me about three times a week. Now instead of her carrying seven clubs max we can go out and have some fun, regulation style. Her first reaction was that with my new robot friend I'll dump her.

Duncan Cheslett

Re: Why so few power trolleys in the US?
« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2016, 12:48:44 AM »

That's kind of the going rate for a quality power trolley in the US, right?  That strikes me as a LOT of money, at least compared to the UK rates; the price should be more like $500 to be comparable if my math is right.

You're absolutely right.

The most popular trolley in the UK - to the point of ubiquity - is the Motocaddy S1.  It retails for around £350 with a lead acid battery but I've just found it for under £300 inc delivery.

http://www.thegolfshoponline.co.uk/motocaddy/trollies/s1-electric-golf-trolley/?utm_source=pla&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=googleshopping&variant=160484&gclid=Cj0KEQjw0_O-BRCfjsCw25CYzYoBEiQAqO9BDNODHLRB_cdtnTlFhsCGc0xY9xkF0LEkmoxupS00nS0aAhtn8P8HAQ

£299 is currently $376

If Motocaddy chose to target the $499 price point in the US I am sure they could unleash massive demand. Maybe the problem is currently on the supply side so they are happy to maintain a premium price point.

I would imagine that someone is going to target the US market with a good quality basic electric trolley at a realistic price one day soon.

By the way, forget remote controls - almost no-one uses them after the initial novelty. They are just another thing to go wrong - or lose!

« Last Edit: September 18, 2016, 12:50:32 AM by Duncan Cheslett »

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back