News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Bill Shamleffer

Re: Sounds at a Golf Course
« Reply #50 on: September 13, 2016, 09:43:27 AM »
When I attended Mizzou (83-86), the Tigers football team was so bad that a few of use played golf during the games.  The University course (A.L.Gustin) is just down the road from the Memorial Stadium.  So during some of those beautiful fall days, we could hear the PA announcer and the cheers (and groans) from the stadium.  It made for an enjoyable experience.
“The race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, but that's the way to bet.”  Damon Runyon

Pat Burke

« Reply #51 on: September 13, 2016, 01:25:42 PM »
The birds and seals at CPC

When I was young, the sound of my spikes on cart paths made me feel like a golfer

KBanks

« Reply #52 on: September 13, 2016, 01:39:19 PM »
A round at Mid Ocean would seem incomplete without sounds of scooters, kiskadees and the occasional rooster. Lots of other bird song but the kiskadees stand out. When I've heard the rooster it has been down around the Biarritz green and 14 tee.

Ken

Thomas Dai

« Reply #53 on: September 13, 2016, 01:55:44 PM »
When I was young, the sound of my spikes on cart paths made me feel like a golfer

The sound of spikes is something I miss, only very occasionally hearing it these days and mostly from my own spikes as I still wear them when permitted.

In the days when we all wore spikes folks seemed more polite to each other, stopping to allow some quiet while other players hit. These days it seems to be more the 'walk-on-by' approach with players forgetting that not only noise but corner of the eye movement generally can have a distracting effect (on some).

Recollections of Mr Olde-Pharte? Yip!😊

Atb

Marty Bonnar

« Reply #54 on: September 13, 2016, 03:16:32 PM »
I saw and heard only ONE set of metal spikes when I was caddying for Pat at Carnoustie.
Guess who?

THE MECHANIC!!!

What a stud. Or should I say spike?

F.
The White River runs dark through the heart of the Town,
Washed the people coal-black from the hole in the ground.

Jeff Shelman

« Reply #55 on: September 18, 2016, 09:41:52 PM »
You can hear the University of Minnesota soccer stadium from my club and the PA announcer.

The one time I played Bethpage Black, there was an outdoor graduation happening at nearby Farmingdale State. That got a little old.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back