News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Mark Chaplin

Re: Predict Oakmont Winner
« Reply #50 on: June 19, 2016, 02:29:00 AM »
Lowry is a good player, he won the Irish Open whilst still an amateur so has some guts about him. Hope you had $10 of Lavin money on him!
Cave Nil Vino

Tommy Williamsen

« Reply #51 on: June 19, 2016, 09:03:29 AM »
The real winners on Sunday will be the Fathers who know their children are safe and happy.

And the Fathers who have one of their children home for the weekend.
Where there is no love, put love; there you will find love.
St. John of the Cross

"Deep within your soul-space is a magnificent cathedral where you are sweet beyond telling." Rumi

Terry Lavin

« Reply #52 on: June 19, 2016, 01:05:02 PM »
Lowry is a good player, he won the Irish Open whilst still an amateur so has some guts about him. Hope you had $10 of Lavin money on him!

Of course not!  He had to be 100-1.

n.b. Just checked and Lowry  was 125-1 and Landry was 1000-1.

Still a lot of golf (and peril) ahead.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2016, 01:12:15 PM by Terry Lavin »
Nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American people.  H.L. Mencken

cary lichtenstein

Re: Predict Oakmont Final Score and Winner
« Reply #53 on: June 19, 2016, 01:51:08 PM »
At 1:48 PM Sunday, today, before the final groups tee off,, just in case anyone reads this, I think the final winning score today will be 2 under and I'll go with Dustin Johnson and Day as my picks
Live Jupiter, Fl, was  4 handicap, played top 100 US, top 75 World. Great memories, no longer play, 4 back surgeries. I don't miss a lot of things about golf, life is simpler with out it. I miss my 60 degree wedge shots, don't miss nasty weather, icing, back spasms. Last course I played was Augusta

cary lichtenstein

« Reply #54 on: June 19, 2016, 08:25:01 PM »
I called it, 2 under was good enuf to win and Dustin Johnson was the winner
Live Jupiter, Fl, was  4 handicap, played top 100 US, top 75 World. Great memories, no longer play, 4 back surgeries. I don't miss a lot of things about golf, life is simpler with out it. I miss my 60 degree wedge shots, don't miss nasty weather, icing, back spasms. Last course I played was Augusta

Kalen Braley

« Reply #55 on: June 19, 2016, 08:32:02 PM »
DJ to finally break through at a major. The post tournament celebrations will be off the chain.
If Dustbin is ever to win a Major (and I don't think he will), it won't be one where he needs to hole a stupidly fast downhill 6 footer to win.

So much for that prediction..... ;)

Terry Lavin

« Reply #56 on: June 19, 2016, 08:34:16 PM »
Who will be the winner? I predict the guy who hits the most fairways, greens and putts the best

Jason Day

You called it?
Nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American people.  H.L. Mencken

Bruce Katona

« Reply #57 on: June 19, 2016, 08:58:08 PM »
I had the winning score at +5.....DJ (in spite of the blue blazers and their "rulings") simply overpowered the course and the blzaers defense of par...good for him!

Joe Bausch

« Reply #58 on: June 20, 2016, 04:24:15 AM »
Anyone get the prediction correct?   ;)
@jwbausch (for new photo albums)
The site for the Cobb's Creek project:  https://cobbscreek.org/
Nearly all Delaware Valley golf courses in photo albums: Bausch Collection

Michael Graham

« Reply #59 on: June 20, 2016, 04:34:56 AM »
DJ to finally break through at a major. The post tournament celebrations will be off the chain.

High five Joe. I just wish I'd gone with my hunch and put money on Johnson - of course that would have resulted in him missing the cut.

Tom Birkert

« Reply #60 on: June 20, 2016, 08:15:47 AM »
I had money on DJ and Lowry - would have won more if Shane had won but delighted that DJ did given the USGA's antics.

Terry Lavin

« Reply #61 on: June 20, 2016, 10:08:32 AM »
I had the final score of -4 and my mate Lowry couldn't quite finish the job. Of course, I take no pleasure in getting the score right, because the USGA stole a stroke from DJ.

Ronald Montesano

« Reply #62 on: June 20, 2016, 10:12:17 AM »
Did anyone say -4, give or take a stroke? :-*
Coming in 2024
~Elmira Country Club
~Soaring Eagles
~Bonavista
~Indian Hills
~Maybe some more!!

jeffwarne

« Reply #63 on: June 20, 2016, 10:12:52 AM »

High five Joe. I just wish I'd gone with my hunch and put money on Johnson - of course that would have resulted in him missing the cut.

Ironically, I picked DJ on the air but not on this board.
I guess that's called hedging....
"Let's slow the damned greens down a bit, not take the character out of them." Tom Doak
"Take their focus off the grass and put it squarely on interesting golf." Don Mahaffey

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back