News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

David Davis

South Cape Owners Club - Sacheon, Korea
« on: April 23, 2016, 06:54:40 PM »
     South Cape Owners Club

Not far from Sacheon, South Korea a rather wealthy Korean fashion magnet and golf lover invested hundreds of millions of his own money, brought in a top American golf course architect in Kyle Phillips and bought an understated piece of land that appropriately visualized his dream to one up Pebble Beach with a spectacular golf resort and spa.  This spectacular place is called South Cape Owners Club Resort and Spa.

This was one stop on my recent adventure and travels through Asia. In a country full of private courses closed to the public South Cape breaks the mold, it’s completely public and readily accessible by anyone that stays at the resort. Rounds run a pricey $500 US (approximately). I was even told that for people that don’t want to stay in the incredibly fancy resort they had another small basic hotel where the staff also resides that people that were purely interested in golf could stay in. Though I doubt this would change the price of a round of golf.

I usually take quite a lot of photos of courses I visit but not with the intention of publishing or posting them anywhere besides my Facebook page for my golf buddies so please bare with me on my poor photos as I try to put a bit of tour together for a course that doubt many people will venture all the way to see. The course is really quite special and I wish that everyone could go so we could discuss it here. I’d say the property is incredibly spectacular though perhaps a challenging site to route a course through given the high cliffs everywhere. The routing is aimed towards the spectacular and it works. It’s full of breath-taking views, heroic shots and wow moments but remains really playable for all resort guests.

I’ll let the photos speak for themselves but trust me on the fact that I am not talented enough with an iPhone to do the place justice.

The Clubhouse doubles as a spaceship offering a quick escape for future alien invasions:

Putting green right next to the first tee:

One of the more unique views from a putting greens:

# 1 – 390 meter par 4. Plays pretty severely downhill with a slight dogleg to the left. Bunkers are both in play for a well struck 3 wood, left or driver right side.

#1 approach

View to the left, hard to not be distracted:

#2 – 335 meter par 4.  Short par 4 challenging you to take on the bunkers across the water to allow for the best approach to this tricky green with a short iron.

#2 approach

#2 Green – looking back

#3 – 400 meter par 4 dogleg left. Another cut off as much as you can chew drive. Plenty of space but the difference between a 3 wood or 7-8 iron approach, the reward to a successfully played Tiger line.

#3 – approach to an excellent skyline green, only the government insisted a few trees be planted behind the green to protect the road below (as a safety measure). I was assured this was temporary.

Behind the green looking back at the road and clubhouse (small trees mentioned above)

#4 – 155 meter par 3.

#5 –  550 meter par 5, a big drive taking on the right side fairway bunker results in a huge kick forward down the hill allowing a possibility to reach this excellent par 5 in two.

Because 5 holes is a lot to take on in one go, the customary halfway house comes early and has a rather unique and exotic presence.

#6 – 220 meter par 3.  Cliff top to cliff top. 

Front of the green, set up to catch the almost approach tee shots.

Looking back to the tee and rest house.

#7  - 340 meter par 4. 

#7 approach – green runs away diagonally from left to right.

#8 – 395 meter par 4.  Semi blind drive.

#8 approach (sorry poor photo)  slight uphill, small green with significant back to front slope.

#9 – 510 meter par 5, dogleg right slightly downhill. A drive cutting off the inside or faded allows for a go in two at the green though the green is steep uphill and heavily protected front right.

#9 approach

#9 steep slope up to the green

#10 – 430 meter par 4. Photo of the drive didn’t turn out. Downhill tee shot with a steep slope on the right side and severe drop off on the left.

#12 – 415 meter par 4, playing along the cliffs with a slight dogleg left and a cut off as much as you can chew drive. .

#12 approach

#12 green view

#13 – 320 meter par 4. Very high tee shot played to an uphill fairway. I think the intention of this hole is actually to be drivable, though not for me from the back tee. Very close though.

#13 green

#14 – 130 meter drop shot par 3.

#14 – green and bunkers

#15 – 435 meter par 4. Long tough hole along the cliffs with a dogleg left.

#15 approach

Halfway house #2 – Titanic, literally, the design of this halfway house was an exact copy from the front deck on the Titanic (king of the world stuff)

#16 – 210 meter par 3 – cliff top to cliff top part 2.

#17 – 395 meter par 4.

#17 approach

#18 – 525 meter par 5 closing hole.

#18 approach

#18 green

A couple points of interest.  As you can see water is in view from every hole on the course. The routing is a little bit of a Fisher’s Island type routing on both sides of the peninsula (rather than island) and then back. One exception is that with Fisher’s Island on most holes you face the water on the tee as a right handed player. Here at South Cape that’s the opposite. Not that this is necessarily better or worse, just a point to notice. Not sure why this is the case but I guess the spectacular holes worked better.

South Cape enjoys fine grasses and is firm but not maintained to be fast yet. Naturally you can look past this but it is designed so that almost all greens can also be approached on the ground. Problem is as you can see in some of the photos the grass is maintained far too long in order to play the ball consistently on the ground. This is the case with all the green surrounds and approaches. Fairways are also slightly too long. This however doesn’t detract from the fact it’s an excellent and spectacular routing and a must see if you are ever in Korea for golf or want to play Asia’s best courses. It’s certainly by a margin the best course in Korea in my opinion and will most certainly enjoy a Top 100 World Ranking in the future.

Sharing the greatest experiences in golf.

IG: @top100golftraveler
www.lockharttravelclub.com

Greg Gilson

Re: South Cape Owners Club - Sacheon, Korea
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2016, 11:27:57 PM »
David, thanks for the great tour. The views certainly are striking. If I am not mistaken you caught "the field" (1 golfer) on #17? Does the absence of humans in your pics mean it was deadly quiet or just good management on your part.

You clearly give South Cape the nod over 9 Bridges. I have not played South Cape but I have 9 Bridges. I thought it was lovely but had done a great marketing job to get itself well into the Top 100. I am guessing you may have a tour or some comments about 9 Bridges to come? either way, I'd be interested in your assessment of each.

Thanks again for taking the time to share your experience.

Tom_Doak

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2016, 11:53:18 PM »
Did you walk?  Is it reasonably walkable?

David Davis

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2016, 01:31:35 AM »
Greg,

Thanks for your post. It was rather crowded to be honest and rounds were not fast but in the beginning they had given us a little gap and they managed the timing really strictly. There were a few points where we were literally held back. We had to stop at the houses I mentioned as after them were par 3's and they didn't want us standing on the tee pushing people.

As you can probably attest from 9 bridges everything is very high tech there. I was playing with the pro and even the owner for a little while. The pro was being instructed as to when we could proceed. We played 36 holes starting at 9 am and finishing at 6 pm with a serious lunch and quite a few stops. It was a Friday so not a quite time there by any means but not Pebble Beach crowded either.

I will say and did say that it's by a wide margin my favorite and the best course in Korea. I liked Nine Bridges as well. PM me if you want a more detailed answer please.

David Davis

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2016, 01:38:18 AM »
Did you walk?  Is it reasonably walkable?

Tom, I walked 36 holes all but a few spots (hills) the second round and I think for you it's certainly walkable. There are of course up hill climbs and it's a dramatic site. The main thing is that you have whether you like it or not a golf cart, it's remote controlled just like every other place in Korea and it carts the clubs (along the car path) for the caddies. I'm stating this knowing you already are aware of this but thinking most people are not. It's a course you can easily walk all you are comfortable to walk and ride the steep inclines.

For the most part there are no unwalkable gaps between holes etc which I found quite a pleasant surprise. I didn't see anyone really walking most of it as it's just not in their culture as far as I could tell.

To me it hasn't been set up as a pure cart ball course but they are certainly not actively encouraging walking either.

Jon Wiggett

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2016, 05:27:51 AM »
David,

thanks for an excellent tour. Whilst some of the holes and green complexes appeared to have much to recommend them I could not shake the feeling that it looked similar to so many other new courses of the last 10 years. I do not want this to be taken the wrong way and I am sure it is a great course to play but....

the spectacular site, the reported budget and quality of the GCA (KP) I was hoping for something a little more original and thought provoking than just another airbrushed cover model beauty.

Jon

Tom_Doak

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2016, 10:24:26 AM »
The main thing is that you have whether you like it or not a golf cart, it's remote controlled just like every other place in Korea and it carts the clubs (along the car path) for the caddies. I'm stating this knowing you already are aware of this but thinking most people are not. It's a course you can easily walk all you are comfortable to walk and ride the steep inclines.

Sounds like a happy medium.  I have not played golf in Korea yet, actually; I'm familiar with the setup you describe from Japan, but didn't know that all Korean courses worked that way.  Actually, the older clubs in Japan [as you know] strongly encourage walking, the remote-controlled caddy carts are not meant to ride.

Joe_Tucholski

« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2016, 03:02:00 PM »
David thanks for the photos.  I spent last year in Korea.  I didn't get to play the course during my year there.  I did go on a kayaking and camping trip to Namhae Island (where the course is located).  The island is beautiful and I'm glad I got to see it when I did, it's bound to continue to develop and like many naturally beautiful places the development changes the character.

Prior to making the trip I contacted the club.  It's one of the few golf courses in the country that has a useful English website (http://www.southcape.co.kr/golf_view.asp?lang=en).  Not sure if they are changing their pricing and practices but at the time and according to their website there is no requirement to stay on the premises in order to play.  The website mentions a 300,000 won deposit to make online reservations but I was told reservations could also be made via e-mail or phone with a credit card.  Also the peak season price is listed as 390,000 won which is less than $390 USD.  I didn't end up playing because I couldn't find 2 other folks willing to pay that price and like most other golf courses in Korea you can't book as a single or twosome (and they don't match people up).  Interestingly enough I was contacted by someone willing to setup a visit if I would write an article about the place for a magazine.  While I was flattered I have a tough time accepting a job where I'm incompetent at completing the task.

Also you mentioned the mandatory caddie/cart setup everywhere in Korea.  It is common at top tier places like you visited on your trip but caddies are also common at some top tier courses in the US.  My home course in Korea did make visitors not playing with a member take a quad cart driven by a female caddie who would run clubs to players.  But none of the other courses I played across the country made me use the cart/caddie setup. 

With 36 holes did you end up getting to enjoy the shower and bath after the round.  I really do miss the large hot and cold tubs after a round.

Adam Lawrence

« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2016, 04:52:49 PM »

I will say and did say that it's by a wide margin my favorite and the best course in Korea. I liked Nine Bridges as well. PM me if you want a more detailed answer please.

I don't mean to be rude, and I dare say you are probably right, but how can you possibly assert that SC is the best course in Korea when you have only seen two of them?
Adam Lawrence

Editor, Golf Course Architecture
www.golfcoursearchitecture.net

Principal, Oxford Golf Consulting
www.oxfordgolfconsulting.com

Author, 'More Enduring Than Brass: a biography of Harry Colt' (forthcoming).

Short words are best, and the old words, when short, are the best of all.

Greg Gilson

« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2016, 04:59:48 PM »
Adam, David can certainly say , without contradiction, that it is his "FAVOURITE". You might have him on "BEST".

David Davis

« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2016, 05:25:37 PM »

I don't mean to be rude, and I dare say you are probably right, but how can you possibly assert that SC is the best course in Korea when you have only seen two of them?

Adam,

Fair point. However, does that mean that I have to see every course in The Netherlands before suggesting what in my opinion is best? Naturally I'm making a bit of a jump and for the record I played 3 courses ha ha. I also played Jack Nicholas Seoul.

I did however do a little bit of research and asked some friends what the most interesting courses were to see. At Jack Nicholas I played with the current Sports Editor of the Korean Herald (former head editor of Golf Digest Korea, along with Andrew Paik and according to what I've heard the most well known (in Korea) golf course architect. His name I don't have on me at the moment but he goes by Tiger (English name). He co designed the Jack Nicholas course, that is if I understood everything correctly. He has done like 70-80 courses in Korea.

These 3 gentlemen I consider local experts as they understand golf quite well and have played literally everything in Korea. I played the courses they advised me to play with the exception of Anyang which they said was a solid #3 in Korea but my timing was just not correct to play it as they had a Cherry Blossom Festival on the only day I had available.

So while you are right with your statement, I'm quite confident that people that know far more than me about the subject of GCA when they agree on the best courses that one should see have a high probability of being right. Some experts perhaps believe Nine Bridges is better, others South Cape but if they are all saying these are by far the two best Korea has to offer, I guess I don't have the time or interest to go prove them wrong. No more than you would have the time or interest to prove my NL top 20 wrong or top 2 for that matter.

David Davis

« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2016, 05:33:12 PM »
Joe,

Thanks for your comments. I remember you spent quite a long time in Korea and I was hoping you would chime in. Did you ever play Nine Bridges or the Jack Nicholas course in Seoul?

You are right in that I have only seen a small sampling of what happens. My friends in Seoul told me that it's pretty much the standard at all the high end clubs in Korea that there are caddies and these remote controlled carts. I didn't see enough courses to be able to prove that but just took there word for it. Just as I will take your word on the fact that many public and perhaps the private clubs might not make it mandatory.

Yes I enjoyed the post round jacuzzi's in both Japan and Korea. It feels a little forced at first but once you just accept it is really enjoyable and they were extremely posh in the clubs I visited which makes me think it's an extremely important part of the golf culture. You can set me straight here.

I think it's important to realize I only had a very brief taste of golf in Korea in terms of actual experience so I'm basing much of what I assume to be "most likely" true on the combined word of my friends.

Adam Lawrence

« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2016, 05:38:13 PM »

Adam,

Fair point. However, does that mean that I have to see every course in The Netherlands before suggesting what in my opinion is best? Naturally I'm making a bit of a jump and for the record I played 3 courses ha ha. I also played Jack Nicholas Seoul.

I did however do a little bit of research and asked some friends what the most interesting courses were to see. At Jack Nicholas I played with the current Sports Editor of the Korean Herald (former head editor of Golf Digest Korea, along with Andrew Paik and according to what I've heard the most well known (in Korea) golf course architect. His name I don't have on me at the moment but he goes by Tiger (English name). He co designed the Jack Nicholas course, that is if I understood everything correctly. He has done like 70-80 courses in Korea.

These 3 gentlemen I consider local experts as they understand golf quite well and have played literally everything in Korea. I played the courses they advised me to play with the exception of Anyang which they said was a solid #3 in Korea but my timing was just not correct to play it as they had a Cherry Blossom Festival on the only day I had available.

So while you are right with your statement, I'm quite confident that people that know far more than me about the subject of GCA when they agree on the best courses that one should see have a high probability of being right. Some experts perhaps believe Nine Bridges is better, others South Cape but if they are all saying these are by far the two best Korea has to offer, I guess I don't have the time or interest to go prove them wrong. No more than you would have the time or interest to prove my NL top 20 wrong or top 2 for that matter.

Now I don't want to be rude, but a few years ago, you were very keen to assert that Noordwijk was the best course in the Netherlands, despite me telling you that it wasn't. So that might not be the best example :)
Adam Lawrence

David Davis

« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2016, 05:56:09 PM »

David, enjoyed our rounds together in Vietnam & Thailand and thank you for sharing this pictorial.

It clearly looks much more interesting than Nine Bridges, glad to hear that it's walkable.  In terms of gaps between holes, what other golf course is it comparable in terms of walking?

The par 3s look sensational however the appearance of all the golf cart paths is a real negative for me, doesn't look like Kyle Phillips made an effort to hide them perhaps this is a South Korean golf thing.

Also the land cuts look rather manufactured, the course does not look natural but rather artificial in sort of an attractive boob job sort of way.  Without knowing the hole strategies & fun factor, it doesn't look like a WT100 course to my eyes but maybe the 2nd best public course in Asia after Kawana.

In any case, South Cape Owners Club is now on my travel list, thanks for sharing!

Bill,

Great to see you and family again as always. I like debating golf with you as we agree on a lot but there is plenty that we see slightly different, as different as we play even. It would be boring if we agreed on everything we saw.

I though Kawana was a great course too. One of extremes in a different different way. Some crazy raised green complexes. I wouldn't call it as playable or as enjoyable for all levels of players as South Cape but I'll let you be the judge of that one when you visit.

I wonder about the car paths. I'm not a fan of them in general and as you know I'm a walker. I think they are there because in general people in these high end resorts in Korea ride, maybe it's even part of the luxury, either way it's part of the golf culture there as far as I could tell. That being said my friends in Seoul all walked. Still the cart and caddy was there to take the clubs.

I find it hard to compare to other walks for some reason. Maybe it's like the Bluffs without the big ride between 4 and 5. Although I'm trying to remember if there was not one or two decent climbs. For you it's walkable for sure, but so is Route of Santiago de Compostela with club on your back ;-)
[/size][/color]
[/size]As far as whether it's manufactured or natural looking, it's a modern course for sure. I think you may be pleasantly surprised when you go but you never know you may find Nine Bridges to be one of the best courses in the world. Others apparently have.[/color]

[/size]In the end I found it loads of fun to play and for me that's important. Some small maintenance adjustments and then I would be right at home there. At $400 per round, but then again I'd also be right at home playing Pebble at $500 a round if that was realistic for me.[/color]

David Davis

« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2016, 06:11:51 PM »

Now I don't want to be rude, but a few years ago, you were very keen to assert that Noordwijk was the best course in the Netherlands, despite me telling you that it wasn't. So that might not be the best example :)

Adam,

Seems to me like you just might be trying intentionally to be a little on the nasty side. ;-)

A few years ago in my opinion Noordwijkse was the best club all around in NL. Maybe not the best in terms of architecture purely but in terms of most every other point it was.

But in those few years an awful lot has happened, including Royal Hague being renovated and worked on after that a few times, extensive tree removal, extensive bush removal, bring back of dune areas etc etc and the list goes on. On top of that De Pan has done the same. Maybe the bones of those courses are the same but they have made huge improvements.

On top of that, as you know I've seen at least a 100 new courses and learned more and my tastes have slightly changed in these few years. Noordwijkse is still the most challenging course (read hardest) and that's great for the 150 single hcp players we have but much less interesting (read too hard) for the 850 members that aren't IMO. I can make this argument for Royal Hague (to a lesser extent) as well given the dramatic nature of the property but not De Pan as that routing is equally enjoyed by all IMO.

David Davis

« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2016, 07:33:10 AM »
David,

thanks for an excellent tour. Whilst some of the holes and green complexes appeared to have much to recommend them I could not shake the feeling that it looked similar to so many other new courses of the last 10 years. I do not want this to be taken the wrong way and I am sure it is a great course to play but....

the spectacular site, the reported budget and quality of the GCA (KP) I was hoping for something a little more original and thought provoking than just another airbrushed cover model beauty.

Jon
[/q[size=78%]uote][/size]
[/size]
[/size]
[/size][size=78%]Jon, thanks for [/size][/size]your response. It's hard for me to comment on the budget as there is more to it then just saying this entire budget is for the golf course. I don't know the budget only for the course and the number is also not an exact figure only an industry approximate. Given the land was all purchased and there are some luxury villas being placed (not on the course but on the land which seems huge) and given the amazing architecture of the resort I don't have a real reason to doubt the approximates, even if it's off by 100 million, does it really make any difference?[size=78%]

[/size]I find it hard to figure out how to answer your post. It's strikes me as quite critical and a touch on the negative side. Yes it's definitely modern architecture, I agree. Is it the same old thing we see everywhere. That's a tough one, I don't think so but it's not a Golden Age course. I think you have the most appreciation for those and perhaps are not an advocate of over the top investments and budgets that some of these new places receive and naturally that's your prerogative. As you may know I'm also a huge fan of Golden Age courses but can't fault the owner for following his dream to create this amazing place. He had the money to invest and did nearly everything he could to make something that is available for everyone even if it's expensive. That's pretty cool in and of itself IMO. You may see this as a waste but he could of also created nothing, made no contribution to the sport we love and just bought or built property for example, or invested in commodities or whatever. Instead he tried to create something to leave behind. [size=78%]

[/size]Honestly, I love that and I'm guessing most that venture there will love the place too even if the course is not perfectly to their liking.[size=78%]

Derek Dirksen

« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2016, 09:26:23 AM »
David Davis - the Korean architect you are talking about is "Tiger Song".  Songho golf design.

David Davis

« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2016, 10:04:33 AM »
David Davis - the Korean architect you are talking about is "Tiger Song".  Songho golf design.

Derek, your exactly right! Your post literally coincided with an email from my Korean colleague and friend where I asked him the same. I did of course receive a business card but haven't found it back yet in all the literature I've brought back.

Ever been called DD or Double D?

I see that you have worked quite a lot with Mr. Song? Really nice gentleman and solid golfer as well.

Jon Wiggett

« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2016, 01:28:43 PM »
David,

I was afraid that my question might come across as negative about the course which I really did not intend. What struck me was that looking at the whole package shown on your photos I was struck by the unusual and striking location, the quite stunning and unique clubhouse with complementing halfway house yet the course did not seem to round off this aspect. It did look visually stunning and from your descriptions it was of good quality from a GCA point of view but it struck me as been very similar to quite a few other courses of recent years. I think the clubhouse would be instantly recognisable as would the setting yet I suspect the course would not which I find a bit of a shame.

I am not saying the place is anything other than outstanding but from a GCA POV maybe it was a missed opportunity to take a new direction.

Jon

Joe_Tucholski

« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2016, 05:55:40 PM »
Joe,

Thanks for your comments. I remember you spent quite a long time in Korea and I was hoping you would chime in. Did you ever play Nine Bridges or the Jack Nicholas course in Seoul?

You are right in that I have only seen a small sampling of what happens. My friends in Seoul told me that it's pretty much the standard at all the high end clubs in Korea that there are caddies and these remote controlled carts. I didn't see enough courses to be able to prove that but just took there word for it. Just as I will take your word on the fact that many public and perhaps the private clubs might not make it mandatory.

Yes I enjoyed the post round jacuzzi's in both Japan and Korea. It feels a little forced at first but once you just accept it is really enjoyable and they were extremely posh in the clubs I visited which makes me think it's an extremely important part of the golf culture. You can set me straight here.

I think it's important to realize I only had a very brief taste of golf in Korea in terms of actual experience so I'm basing much of what I assume to be "most likely" true on the combined word of my friends.

No, I didn't get to see any of the high end courses in Korea.  Similarly I haven't seen the high end private courses in the US.

If making a trip to Korea from the US for the purpose of golf people should seek out the courses you saw and will likely have an experience similar to yours but I want to make sure people know Korea isn't just ultra high end in terms of golf.  That being said there isn't a muni like golf experience and the CCFAD model is the low end, so golf isn't affordable for most of the population.

Being a golf connoisseur I can see why you wanted to make a golf trip to Korea but am I right in assuming it would be one of the later trips you would recommend for a golfing vacation?

David Davis

« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2016, 06:59:43 AM »
Joe,

There are a lot of variables needed to answer your question. If you are living and working in Asia/Austrialia etc I think a golf vacation to Korea would be awesome honestly. Service and golf are of a very high level (again what I experienced). The culture is wonderful and adds heavily to the experience.

If you are living in the US and have a couple weeks of vacation per year to use on golf then maybe it's not realistic and you can far better take a pure golf  vacation in the US/Canada/Mexico/Caribbean etc etc. For example, purely for golf I would choose Korea above Bandon Dunes, California, Florida, North or South Carolina, Long Island etc. However, if I had seen all that, had the time and wanted a wonderful cultural experience then yes by all means I'd think about Asia and Korea, Japan, Thailand, Vietnam and even China. Again it's a trade off depending on time, money, what you are looking for and what you've already seen.

You've been there much longer than me, what would you do and what would you advice? I know the nature of your post there was far different than vacation so maybe that taints your views on that seeing it as work?

Adam Lawrence

« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2016, 07:15:38 AM »
Korea gets pretty damned cold in the winter, and is thus a significant source of outbound golf tourism across Asian markets. A fair bit of the development on Hainan Island was done with a view to attracting Korean golfers in winter.
Adam Lawrence

David Davis

« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2016, 12:50:59 PM »
Adam,

I was told they could play year round there. I just looked at the weather for last winter. The lowest they had was 30 degrees on 1 day which seemed really extreme. Most of the time in the coldest month, January it was around 40 or higher.

I guess it's pretty mild there.

It's an hour south of Seoul flying and perhaps much warmer.

Carl Nichols

« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2016, 02:37:16 PM »
So many places, so little time . . . .

Thanks for sharing, David.

Derek Dirksen

« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2016, 11:24:31 PM »
David,  yes on both of them and D squared.  Most people just call me D.  As you stated Tiger is a great guy and he is well traveled.  I think he gets it architecturally but is restrained because of his clientele in Korea.  I built a "Biarritz like" green on a course and he loved and that got him thinking about other templates. 

Its really tough to build a really good course in Korea.  Its tough to get them to move enough earth. 

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back