News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Adam Lawrence

Anyone at GIS in San Diego next week?
« on: February 02, 2016, 10:28:44 AM »
If so, please take the opportunity to say hello. We have a booth for the first time ever, so you should be able to find me, or at least reach me, through booth 5409. If I'm not there I will probably be in the press centre or maybe in the Stone brewery tap next door to Petco Park.
Adam Lawrence

Editor, Golf Course Architecture
www.golfcoursearchitecture.net

Principal, Oxford Golf Consulting
www.oxfordgolfconsulting.com

Author, 'More Enduring Than Brass: a biography of Harry Colt' (forthcoming).

Short words are best, and the old words, when short, are the best of all.

Jeff_Brauer

Re: Anyone at GIS in San Diego next week?
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2016, 10:46:26 AM »
Adam,

Will be sure to stop by and say hello Wed or Thurs.
Jeff Brauer, ASGCA Director of Outreach

Mark Pearce

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2016, 11:08:45 AM »
If so, please take the opportunity to say hello. We have a booth for the first time ever, so you should be able to find me, or at least reach me, through booth 5409. If I'm not there I will probably be in the press centre or maybe in the Stone brewery tap next door to Petco Park.
I spent several hours in the Stone tap by Petco Park in May last year.  One of my favourite breweries in the world.  Watch out though, their beers are very, very drinkable and some of them are very, very strong!
In June I will be riding the first three stages of this year's Tour de France route for charity.  630km (394 miles) in three days, with 7800m (25,600 feet) of climbing for the William Wates Memorial Trust (https://rideleloop.org/the-charity/) which supports underprivileged young people.

JNagle

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2016, 11:21:56 AM »
Craft beer and a chance to meet face to face.  Sounds like a great opportunity.  See you next week.
It's not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbled, or the doer of deeds could have done better.  The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena; whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; .....  "The Critic"

David_Tepper

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2016, 12:11:11 PM »
For those of us not in the know, what is GIS?

Kalen Braley

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2016, 12:17:47 PM »

Kalen Braley

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2016, 12:19:37 PM »
P.S.  I discovered Stone 15 years ago and it was life changing from a beer enthusiasts perspective.

If you want to try the next step up, seek out Alesmith, which is also in the San Diego area.  They make the best beer in the world IMO!! 

Sam Andrews

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2016, 12:28:29 PM »
Kalen,

Harveys Brewery, Lewes, Sussex (https://www.harveys.org.uk)

Nectar of the gods!

Sam

He's the hairy handed gent, who ran amok in Kent.

Jeff_Mingay

« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2016, 04:34:51 PM »
Any good Cuban sandwich joints down there, Adam  ;)  See ya in San Diego.
jeffmingay.com

Nathan Gingrich

« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2016, 04:43:38 PM »
I wish I could go. El Nino is kicking butt in South Florida we have had 10x our normal rainfall for January resulting in pretty intense disease pressure and generally a lot of work. San Diego is always a great city for the show.

Pete Lavallee

« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2016, 05:46:44 PM »
The Ballast Point Brewery/Tasting Room does a pretty good Cuban Sandwich. You can wash it down with any of their 42 different micro brewed beers, offered in 4, 8 or 16 oz. samples. It is very close to downtown on India and Ivy streets, just past Little Italy.
"...one inoculated with the virus must swing a golf-club or perish."  Robert Hunter

Anthony_Nysse

« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2016, 05:51:07 AM »
I wish I could go. El Nino is kicking butt in South Florida we have had 10x our normal rainfall for January resulting in pretty intense disease pressure and generally a lot of work. San Diego is always a great city for the show.

You're taking the same road I am, Nathan. I think that that it's one of those years to waive the white flag to mother nature, be on site through this weather pattern, prevent and let the GIS take a back seat. Probably looks better to the membership, also and potentially prevent things from getting worse. I am a little surprised as how many guys are going than maybe show stay closer to home.
 Hang in there with El Nino. I think that the worst is yet to come. Thankfully for us, we are killing the close off in 3 weeks.
Anthony J. Nysse
Director of Golf Courses & Grounds
Apogee Club
Hobe Sound, FL

Forrest Richardson

« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2016, 10:42:21 AM »
Adam - You seem to really need a hug from the the of your post...so yes, I will stop by.
— Forrest Richardson, Golf Course Architect/ASGCA
    www.golfgroupltd.com
    www.golframes.com

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back