News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

David_Tepper

Re: 2013 British Amateur at Deal
« Reply #50 on: June 23, 2013, 10:22:00 AM »
Mark -

I am curious. How big was the crowd for the final match?

P.S. I think that luck is involved in any matchplay event, amateur or professional.

DT

Mark Chaplin

« Reply #51 on: June 23, 2013, 11:05:58 AM »
David - around 300 I expect the weather kept as many again away. Had Max Orrin made the final between 1-2000 were expected.

Appreciate there is always an element of luck but no one expects to be 1 down to a US Juniour champion who shanks an iron from the fairway on 18.

The first at Deal once again proves its massive worth as a 19th I think 5/7 extra holes matches only lasted one hole. At Royal Troon last year it  was around 50%.
Cave Nil Vino

Pete_Pittock

« Reply #52 on: June 23, 2013, 12:23:37 PM »
David - around 300 I expect the weather kept as many again away. Had Max Orrin made the final between 1-2000 were expected.

Appreciate there is always an element of luck but no one expects to be 1 down to a US Juniour champion who shanks an iron from the fairway on 18.

The first at Deal once again proves its massive worth as a 19th I think 5/7 extra holes matches only lasted one hole. At Royal Troon last year it  was around 50%.
Maybe Steve Stricker

john_stiles

« Reply #53 on: June 23, 2013, 08:31:20 PM »
Very odd.  Another thread involving Mark Chaplin and again I get to use the word volunteer in another context.

As in  Garrick Porteous was team captain on the University of Tennessee 2011-12 team, played 4 years at UT, and played many, many times at my home club Holston Hills in Knoxville.

Volunteers !!

Very good play by  Garrick Porteous !   Congratulations.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back