News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

A.G._Crockett

Indian Hills in Tuscaloosa, AL?
« on: July 26, 2003, 04:32:04 PM »
The head pro at my club here, of whom I think the world as a teacher, player, and administrator, is leaving next month to take the head job at Indian Hills in Tuscaloosa, AL.

Does anyone know anything about the course and/or club?  He knows the course was built sometime in the late 50's but little else.  It isn't in the Confidential Guide.
"Golf...is usually played with the outward appearance of great dignity.  It is, nevertheless, a game of considerable passion, either of the explosive type, or that which burns inwardly and sears the soul."      Bobby Jones

Tiger_Bernhardt

Re:Indian Hills in Tuscaloosa, AL?
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2003, 07:43:51 PM »
Well it probably will not have a guy named Price for a member.

A.G._Crockett

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2003, 01:32:04 PM »
This thread cratered over the weekend, and I thought I would bring it back to the first page for a weekday just to see if any of the regulars who weren't on over the weekend might know the course and its history.

Thanks.
"Golf...is usually played with the outward appearance of great dignity.  It is, nevertheless, a game of considerable passion, either of the explosive type, or that which burns inwardly and sears the soul."      Bobby Jones

Coral_Ridge

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2003, 02:45:13 PM »
My friend who has lived in the Tuscaloosa area and was there recently just gave me this bit of information on the golf course.  He currently lives near Lexington, Kentucky.

"Exceptional golf course, tennis courts, pool and clubhouse. This was the course Bear Bryant lived on. The have had major facelift and renovation of all of the above. The course is short and tight, but in mint condition. Moreover, it is close to the University and town. I would put it on a par with Lexington Country Club here."

A.G._Crockett

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2003, 06:28:17 PM »
Coral Ridge
Thanks for that info.  Sounds like a terrific move up for our guy, and they are going to get somebody top notch.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back