News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Tom ORourke

Re: Do People Like Aiken Because it is Cheap and Easy?
« Reply #50 on: May 11, 2013, 08:42:36 PM »
I played Aiken today for the first time. It is a great deal. I have recently moved to Aiken and as a resident it was $20. The course is cheap, but not that easy. The easy holes are fairly easy but the greens are nasty, and there are some very strong holes out there. I birdied the short par 4s on the back but the par 3s are fairly long. I hit 6 iron on one of them and hybrids on the rest. There are some nice par 4s out there as well. I agree that you would not travel to play it, that it is not a "destination course", but I don't think Mid Pines or Southern Pines are either, and I like playing those when in Pinehurst. And Mid Pines is listed at $140, and Southern Pines at $100, so this is a deal. I like the "cheap", and don't think it is that "easy", but it is fun. I will go back on a regular basis.

Jason Topp

Re: Do People Like Aiken Because it is Cheap and Easy?
« Reply #51 on: May 11, 2013, 08:51:37 PM »
I played Aiken today for the first time. It is a great deal. I have recently moved to Aiken and as a resident it was $20. The course is cheap, but not that easy. The easy holes are fairly easy but the greens are nasty, and there are some very strong holes out there. I birdied the short par 4s on the back but the par 3s are fairly long. I hit 6 iron on one of them and hybrids on the rest. There are some nice par 4s out there as well. I agree that you would not travel to play it, that it is not a "destination course", but I don't think Mid Pines or Southern Pines are either, and I like playing those when in Pinehurst. And Mid Pines is listed at $140, and Southern Pines at $100, so this is a deal. I like the "cheap", and don't think it is that "easy", but it is fun. I will go back on a regular basis.

I would as well if I moved to Aiken. Enjoy!

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back