News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Mark Chaplin

Chilly morning ahead
« on: March 24, 2013, 06:25:39 PM »

Looking forward to playing with David Herrick at Deal in the morning, the weather at 9am is forecast to be cloudy, 34 degrees, 24 mph easterly wind gusting to 40mph, wind chill/feeling like 22 degrees. Wish us luck!!
Cave Nil Vino

Sean_A

Re: Chilly morning ahead
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2013, 06:28:46 PM »

Looking forward to playing with David Herrick at Deal in the morning, the weather at 9am is forecast to be cloudy, 34 degrees, 24 mph easterly wind gusting to 40mph, wind chill/feeling like 22 degrees. Wish us luck!!

Better you than me Chappers and that is no slight David.  I believe we were meant to meet for a game at Worpy this past Friday, but I bailed.  The weather this March has sucked it hard.

Ciao
New plays planned for 2024:Winterfield, Alnmouth, Camden, Palmetto Bluff Crossroads Course, Colleton River Dye Course  & Old Barnwell

Brian Ross

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2013, 06:47:25 PM »
Hey, it could be worse!  Here's what we are dealing with in SE Virginia on the Bay right now.

It's snowed more here in the last two hours than it has in the last two years.  Gotta love spring!
« Last Edit: March 24, 2013, 06:51:58 PM by Brian Ross »
Time is but the stream I go a-fishing in.

http://www.rossgolfarchitects.com

Mark Pearce

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2013, 07:00:15 PM »
Sounds a whole lot more clement than Prestwick was on Tuesday afternoon.  32  degrees, 25 mph East wind and, for three or four holes, sleet.  This time last year we were having a heat wave.
In June I will be riding the first three stages of this year's Tour de France route for charity.  630km (394 miles) in three days, with 7800m (25,600 feet) of climbing for the William Wates Memorial Trust (https://rideleloop.org/the-charity/) which supports underprivileged young people.

Mark Bourgeois

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2013, 07:07:29 PM »

At least you're getting on with it. It may be cold but it's a dry cold. Easy peasy lemon squeezy!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-o7GB0p2NcA
Charlotte. Daniel. Olivia. Josephine. Ana. Dylan. Madeleine. Catherine. Chase. Jesse. James. Grace. Emilie. Jack. Noah. Caroline. Jessica. Benjamin. Avielle. Allison.

Tony_Muldoon

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2013, 05:22:22 AM »
Wow it’s cold.  Thank you Tucky, Jeff and David for bringing some Ok weather last weekend. How’d you fancy a March weekend in Hunstanton and Skegness without golf.

Old story

It was a morning like to day. When the alarm went off at 5.45am he was lying awake listing to the hail driven against the window. He thought about staying in bed but after all his group had been first off every Saturday  for 10 years. He wasn’t going to be the first to let the other guys down.

Gets up, showers and drives 45 minutes to the club where it’s now snowing heavily.  The other 3 faithful’s are waiting by their cars to tell him the bad news. The owner has called and the course is shut for the first time ever. They discuss breakfast and decide not this time and head back home.

After a slow drive home, at 8am he quietly undresses and slips back into bed. His wife sidles over, puts her arm around him and whispers “Can you believe he’s out there in this?”

Every cloud…
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/6Ft-Snowman-requires-assembly-/300879924126?pt=UK_Home_Garden_Celebrations_Occasions_ET&hash=item460dd74b9e
Let's make GCA grate again!

Neil White

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2013, 05:41:22 AM »

Every cloud…
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/6Ft-Snowman-requires-assembly-/300879924126?pt=UK_Home_Garden_Celebrations_Occasions_ET&hash=item460dd74b9e

£10,000,000 for some snow - I'm not entirely au fait with how ebay works - but aren't bids contractually binding?

Neil.

Simon Holt

« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2013, 06:42:30 AM »
Wooft!!  Rather you than me!

I played on Saturday in a medal at North Berwick.  35mph sustained, gusts of 50mph (according to the MET office) and snow flurries.  There was so much sand blown off the beach the first green had a "top dressing", so much so that the cup was half full of sand and the flag was just laid on the ground next to it as it wouldn't go in.  The little grass bowl before the green was 2 feet deep in sand.  I cannot believe it wasn't called off. 

86 was the best scratch score.  Putting was the hardest bit; I 3 putted 6 times and had a 4 putt.  I play off 3 and shot 89!  If I was particularly serious I could have shaved off a few with more concentration, but it was about having a laugh and then a few pints after given the weather.

My pal posted a picture of Facebook of the sand on the first fairway and green that needs to be seen to be believed.  Brian, I will tag you in it. 

I wouldn't have played but it was purely two balls and my partner was keen.  It was carnage!  250 yard 6 iron down the 3rd, almost drove the 5th. 

3 drivers and a fiercely played bump and run to 11.  Full blown driver into Redan, full blown driver 30 yards short of the burn at 16 (180 yards at best!!), 2 drivers and a punched 7 iron to 17, full driver and punchy 7 into 18!!!

All those guys who come to Scotland in the summer and say they played in 50 mph...you're talking shi*te!!!!
2011 highlights- Royal Aberdeen, Loch Lomond, Moray Old, NGLA (always a pleasure), Muirfield Village, Saucon Valley, watching the new holes coming along at The Renaissance Club.

Kris Shreiner

« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2013, 07:02:08 AM »
Simon,

Nice to see you got a light breeze for your game this weekend! ;D

Cheers,
Kris 8)
"I said in a talk at the Dunhill Tournament in St. Andrews a few years back that I thought any of the caddies I'd had that week would probably make a good golf course architect. We all want to ask golfers of all abilities to get more out of their games -caddies do that for a living." T.Doak

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back