News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Ronald Montesano

David Feherty Profile
« on: March 06, 2013, 06:12:27 AM »
If you've not read it, you might enjoy it. I'd not read any prior efforts (to the best of my knowledge) by Franz Lidz; I hope we see more from him.

http://www.golfdigest.com/golf-tours-news/2013-02/gwar-david-feherty-feature-0218
Coming in 2024
~Elmira Country Club
~Soaring Eagles
~Bonavista
~Indian Hills
~Maybe some more!!

Martin Toal

Re: David Feherty Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2013, 06:43:35 AM »
I played golf once at TPC Las Colinas in Dallas. As I was chatting to the girl taking payment, she said 'Gee, you sound just like David Feherty!'. Well accent, perhaps, wit, not likely.

Feherty was well known as a character in the UK before he went stateside. One of my favourite stories is when he was an assistant pro and was playing in a winter event well wrapped up on a wet and windy day at a pleasant links course called Kirkistown Castle in Northern Ireland. He hit his driver into heavy rough and eventually found the ball in an unplayable lie, so he opted to drop, although the dropping options were barely much better. Anyway, he dropped the ball over the back of his shoulder, as was the rule in those days, turned around and couldn't find the ball. After some searching he had no choice but to drop another, and he played on. A few holes later, the weather relented, and he took off his waterproof top and a ball fell out of the hood.

Martin Toal

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2013, 11:00:24 AM »
Ronald - sorry for killing the thread, and it was so young too.

Dan Smoot

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2013, 07:31:24 PM »
Ronald - sorry for killing the thread, and it was so young too.

You didn't kill it.  Great story.  I would love to hear him tell it.  My dream interview would be David interviewing Peter Alliss.  I wonder if those two get along.

Matthew Rose

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2013, 09:55:20 PM »

Peter Alliss would be a great guest on that show. It wouldn't surprise me if they made that happen (in fact, that should be the Open Championship edition).

American-Australian. Trackman Course Guy. Fatalistic sports fan. Drummer. Bass player. Father. Cat lover.

astavrides

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2013, 11:25:13 AM »

Peter Alliss would be a great guest on that show. It wouldn't surprise me if they made that happen (in fact, that should be the Open Championship edition).

Alliss was on the show 7/23/12.

Jason Walker

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2013, 10:34:59 PM »

Alliss was on the show 7/23/12.

sporting a great pair of red socks if I recall correctly...

Ronald Montesano

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2013, 10:40:03 PM »
Well, this is one fine thread. 'Twixt Martin's literary halitosis and Matthew's early-onset amnesia, we've achieved the equivalent of a drooled-upon hand of welcome.
Coming in 2024
~Elmira Country Club
~Soaring Eagles
~Bonavista
~Indian Hills
~Maybe some more!!

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back