News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

A_Clay_Man

Name the Hole
« on: July 22, 2003, 09:43:02 AM »
After having every sensory receiver on imaginary overload, watching the weekends Open Championship, I wonder how many of you know what hole that was in the commercial where all they showed was, ball after ball, going into the water?

Some of the more well travelled will be the only ones to have a chance. :'( :-*

I'll save my guess for later.

Norbert P

Re:Name the Hole
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2003, 06:11:43 PM »
Adam, I assume you mean the MasterCard ad with the "piano lessons" punchline.

I give up... but I'll jab a guess...  the 7th at Dalmunzie in Spittal of Glenshee.
"Golf is only meant to be a small part of one’s life, centering around health, relaxation and having fun with friends/family." R"C"M

A_Clay_Man

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2003, 06:22:05 PM »
Slag- I think it was Mastercard but I cant be sure. See I've programed my internal hard head to not really listen to commercials and whinning. Lucky me.

As for the hole in question, I am not sure, but it looks alot like the 16th at Paa-Ko Ridge. A par 3 with the back tees giving one of the best vistas in Dye's repertoire. So good that the golfer actually cuts in front of all of the tee boxes for this hole coming from the fifteenth. Starnge but true.

Ran Morrissett

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2003, 09:10:34 PM »
A (very) little known trivia fact: the NYC ad firm that did the ad contacted this web site for suggestions as to which hole to use - I suggested the 4th at Bethpage but alas, I don't think that won out   8)

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back