News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Adam Clayman

Omaha; City remodels ????
« on: December 05, 2012, 07:07:20 PM »
Here's a blurb that just seemed rather odd. Not the fact that they need remodeling.  With the Senior Open coming this next year, surely the city wouldn't want to be embarrassed by their munis. But look at that price tag. A typo, a lie, or did they hire Dan Proctor?

Enquiring minds and all...

Anybody ever play Johnny Goodman? The others?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/50093563/ns/local_news-omaha_ne/#.UL_SLI4_4QI
"It's unbelievable how much you don't know about the game you've been playing your whole life." - Mickey Mantle

Jason Hines

Re: Omaha; City remodels ????
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2012, 08:16:23 PM »
Adam,

I played Johnny Goodman, formerly Applewood, only once.  I bet I played Benson Park around 50-60 times and I had the opportunity to witness a gang shooting in an apartment parking lot across the street from the #11 green.  What a treat to jump down into a creek/water hazard for your life....

Johnny Goodman was forgettable for me, which may not be fair, I avoided it because it was always jam packed and Benson was not.  Someone please correct me, but I thought that the greens at Benson were bermuda?  When I read the semi-crappy, but entertaining Rick Reilly novel Missing Links, I unfairly pictured Benson Park because Benson was always in decent shape for the amount of play that it received.

Overall when I lived in Omaha, Benson and Johnny Goodman bragged that they were in the black and cost taxpayers zero.  I don’t know about today and quite honestly why or what that means to the changes linked in your article.  

Has anyone else played there more recently?

Jason
« Last Edit: December 05, 2012, 09:03:29 PM by Jason Hines »

RJ_Daley

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2012, 08:55:52 PM »
Adam, not unless Dan went into plumbing, and painting, which wouldn't surprise me in this work climate.  :-\

Tree trimmers and interior design consultants, do not a remodel make....  ::)
No actual golf rounds were ruined or delayed, nor golf rules broken, in the taking of any photographs that may be displayed by the above forum user.

Bruce Leland

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2012, 09:19:14 PM »
Park and Rec Director Broke Bench! Best comedic misspelling or an appropriate name for a P&R Director in a down economy? You be the judge.

"The mystique of Muirfield lingers on. So does the memory of Carnoustie's foreboding. So does the scenic wonder of Turnberry and the haunting incredibility of Prestwick, and the pleasant deception of Troon. But put them altogether and St. Andrew's can play their low ball for atmosphere." Dan Jenkins

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back