News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Jed Peters

Re: logo whore
« Reply #75 on: September 27, 2012, 12:20:05 PM »
My logo rules:

1. Two or more logos worn (and visible) at a given time are only for members of said club.
2. Logos must be matching (cannot wear logo from one place and hat from another) UNLESS you are a member at both
3. Ball markers don't count--they may be adorned on one's person at any time irrespective of logo on hat, belt, or pants (magnetized or on holder)
4. Logo golf bags should be utilized by member or member's direct sibling. Special dispensation if logo has some personal affinity (Grandfather was a member, best friend gave you the bag and is a member and you broke your "gamer" bag, etc)
5. Logo jacket or windbreaker may be utilized at any time with other rules (not subject to above) not being in effect in times of emergency (weather); but may not be affixed as a staple.
6. One may not wear a logo of a course or club they have not played themselves. (i.e. I cannot buy a cypress point hat for someone that's never been there).
7. Headcovers may be utilized as a logo if: a.) They are not all matching, and is just an individual head cover; b.) they are old and tattered; and c.) extra points for headcovers from the british isles or Ireland.

John Kavanaugh

« Reply #76 on: September 27, 2012, 12:31:34 PM »
The only thing douchier than carrying a bag from a top ten club where you are not a member is the member who carries the same bag.  I doubt many members of ANGC or Cypress sport a logo bag from THAT club.

Tim Martin

« Reply #77 on: September 27, 2012, 01:10:21 PM »
Thanks for this thread.  Tony Muldoon was kind enough to offer to pick me up a sweater when he's at North Berwick in a couple of weeks, but I got so excited I just placed an order on-line.  Nothing like a nice crewneck sweater with a ribbed collar tucked underneath and a pair of khaki's to take me back to my frat days.  Can't wait to crank up some Carolina Beach Music on the ride home today.

It's good to be:

Bogey

Bogey- When you have the Carolina Beach music going do you ever feel compelled to "Shag"? Even better would to be decked out in the new crew neck and to "Shag with New Swag".

Sean_A

« Reply #78 on: September 27, 2012, 01:23:46 PM »
I didn't realize consumerism had so many rules.  All these years I have been operating with the procedure of look-like-buy/don't like-don't buy.  To make things more simple, a mate of mine says he does all his shopping in pubs - can't be bad.

Ciao 
New plays planned for 2024: Nothing

john_stiles

« Reply #79 on: September 27, 2012, 01:33:47 PM »
Brian,

The Royal Cinques Port logo is one of the best along with Rye, Machrihanish, and a select few others.  

I could buy anything in the wonderfully stocked golf shop at Deal, save the logo shoes.  Hey, I even spent a lot of allocated beer money on a beautiful warm blue logo sweater in that shop !   It was diet sodas for one night.

John  

Cory Lewis

« Reply #80 on: September 27, 2012, 01:36:28 PM »
Lately I prefer buying logo shirts for my wife.  2 main reasons behind this are:

1.  She looks better in the shirt

2.  She wears them to work, so several days a month I'll see her in the shirts and I'll have a nice memory of the course.
Instagram: @2000golfcourses
http://2000golfcourses.blogspot.com

rjsimper

« Reply #81 on: September 27, 2012, 03:15:16 PM »
My logo rules:

2. Logos must be matching (cannot wear logo from one place and hat from another) UNLESS you are a member at both

This seems like good guidance, except when you realize that if you wear two matching logos, you look like more of a tool.

You have two rules in conflict with one another - if one adheres to the "two or more if you are a member only" then this rule 2 is not necessary.

But since all my hats are logo hats, I go out of my way to make sure I am not wearing the same logo on shirt as on hat.

Mike Hendren

« Reply #82 on: September 27, 2012, 04:17:42 PM »
Tim, bear in mind that for our over-the-pond pals "shag" has another connotation altogether.  For our foreign friends it is simply a version of swing dancing originating in the Carolina's to a genre of R&B music known as Beach Music - nothing randy here.

Bogey
Two Corinthians walk into a bar ....

Carl Johnson

« Reply #83 on: September 28, 2012, 12:16:43 PM »
My logo observations....

. . . Most logos in the  UK  are just too busy, too much stuff with birds, swords, and lions,  often on the same shield.  Any trip to UK results in hugh logos savings to be spend at the bar.  So, all my beer is really free in the UK.

Actually, and I'm a USA person, I really like all the birds, swords, lions and so on -- very old worldish.  One of my favorites is Western Gailes, though it does not include a shield or animals.  I've got one on a cap and it is really huge -- not subtle at all.  I don't now what it is supposed to represent, however, so if anyone knows, I'd like to hear from you.  See upper left hand corner of website home page for logo.  http://www.westerngailes.com/

Jim Briggs

« Reply #84 on: September 28, 2012, 12:38:59 PM »
The only thing douchier than carrying a bag from a top ten club where you are not a member is the member who carries the same bag.  I doubt many members of ANGC or Cypress sport a logo bag from THAT club.

Coore and Crenshaw were out at Hidden Creek a couple of months ago for the clubs 10th anniversary celebration and Ben was sporting an ANGC carry bag.  Douchie is generally not a word I would use to describe him.

John Kavanaugh

« Reply #85 on: September 28, 2012, 12:43:29 PM »

Coore and Crenshaw were out at Hidden Creek a couple of months ago for the clubs 10th anniversary celebration and Ben was sporting an ANGC carry bag.  Douchie is generally not a word I would use to describe him.

He is a past champion, I'm not sure if that makes him a full member.

Tony_Muldoon

« Reply #86 on: September 28, 2012, 04:32:18 PM »

He is a past champion, I'm not sure if that makes him a full member.

Nice try to wriggle off the hook.

Either way you are calling Crenshaw a douche.

Not the first or last time you've been flat out wrong on here.
Let's make GCA grate again!

Sean_A

« Reply #87 on: September 28, 2012, 06:51:34 PM »

So when are the rare times you would call Crenshaw a douche?

Ciao
New plays planned for 2024: Nothing

John Ezekowitz

« Reply #88 on: September 28, 2012, 07:54:43 PM »
Personally, I am a fan of buying flags wherever possible. Seems like more courses in the UK offer them than here in the US.

Kevin_Reilly

« Reply #89 on: September 29, 2012, 12:01:16 AM »
Some guy at Metropolitan Golf Course in Oakland obviously did not read this thread and learn what a douche move it was to steal a bag tag off someone's bag...but that happened to me today when I went to the restroom while hitting balls on the range.  Came out and only the plastic fastener was left dangling from the side of the bag.  Thankfully my logo bag was left there.  As I type this, the perpetrator is probably scraping my name off the tag and affixing it to his own bag.   :)
"GOLF COURSES SHOULD BE ENJOYED RATHER THAN RATED" - Tom Watson

Matthew Mollica

« Reply #90 on: September 29, 2012, 12:45:42 AM »
Personally, I am a fan of buying flags wherever possible. Seems like more courses in the UK offer them than here in the US.

Me too John.

I was happily able to purchase many on a recent Californian trip. CPC, SFGC, Oly, Riv Pebble, MPCC and Meadow Club among others.

MM
"The truth about golf courses has a slightly different expression for every golfer. Which of them, one might ask, is without the most definitive convictions concerning the merits or deficiencies of the links he plays over? Freedom of criticism is one of the last privileges he is likely to forgo."

Kevin_Reilly

« Reply #91 on: September 29, 2012, 01:03:34 AM »

Me too John.

I was happily able to purchase many on a recent Californian trip. CPC, SFGC, Oly, Riv Pebble, MPCC and Meadow Club among others.

MM

Appreciate the flag you brought to Calif also!
"GOLF COURSES SHOULD BE ENJOYED RATHER THAN RATED" - Tom Watson

Matthew Mollica

« Reply #92 on: September 29, 2012, 01:58:45 AM »
You're welcome Kevin! It's the least I could do, and I know it has gone to a good home.
Maybe it will even motivate you to visit some day down the track!   :)

MM
"The truth about golf courses has a slightly different expression for every golfer. Which of them, one might ask, is without the most definitive convictions concerning the merits or deficiencies of the links he plays over? Freedom of criticism is one of the last privileges he is likely to forgo."

Wayne_Kozun

« Reply #93 on: September 29, 2012, 12:56:50 PM »
And until I am sponsored by Titleist or Nike or Adidas or TaylorMade, I refuse to wear equipment brands. So my next best choice is club logos.
i totally agree with this - it is hard to believe that some guys will pay a premium to wear an ad for these firms.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back