News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Bill_McBride

Re: KP 2012 is next week! More info
« Reply #50 on: June 04, 2012, 12:53:26 PM »
As you begin packing for the weekend, make sure not to forget the rain gear.....

http://www.intellicast.com/Local/Weather.aspx?location=CAXX0830

P.S.  I wonder if the course will still play fast and firm after a few days of rain early this week.

After last year's Kings Putter, this looks like no problem.

Will MacEwen

« Reply #51 on: June 04, 2012, 01:22:47 PM »
Will there be more players than the 18 listed above? Bob's earlier list had 33 names.

Might be a couple more, but there have been lots of dropouts, which I think is normal.  I was the last minute replacement last year.

Dale Jackson

« Reply #52 on: June 04, 2012, 02:27:14 PM »
Just phoned the Quilchena Hotel.  For those who have not done so, they need a credit card number.  Also, my reservation was somewhat messed up, it looks like someone gets me as a roommate.

I advise making sure all is in order for those making the treck.
I've seen an architecture, something new, that has been in my mind for years and I am glad to see a man with A.V. Macan's ability to bring it out. - Gene Sarazen

Will MacEwen

« Reply #53 on: June 04, 2012, 04:12:42 PM »
Dale's room issue is resolved.  He is sleeping single in a double (old country song).

Brent Carlson has joined from Seattle.  Still room for an addition or two.

As Dale said, those who haven't called the hotel should do so asap.

Kalen Braley

« Reply #54 on: June 04, 2012, 04:27:08 PM »
Dale's room issue is resolved.  He is sleeping single in a double (old country song).

Brent Carlson has joined from Seattle.  Still room for an addition or two.

As Dale said, those who haven't called the hotel should do so asap.

I confirmed my room a week and a half ago, but they didn't seem to care about getting my CC number from me...I even asked them about it.

Perhaps I need to call again.

P.S.  I'll be playing Tobiano at 11 on Friday if anyone is interested in a round.

Matt Bosela

« Reply #55 on: June 04, 2012, 05:20:55 PM »
I've already expressed my regrets to both Bob Jenkins and Will MacEwen via email about not attending this year's KP.  I have to imagine that the GCA consensus on Sagebrush will be very positive after visiting the course multiple times over the past couple years.  It's a remarkable golf course and plays incredibly firm and fast.  Even with some rain expected this week, I doubt you'll see any adverse effect on the playing conditions.

Once again, for those who are visiting Sagebrush for the first time, feel free to check out my GCA photo review of the golf course, along with five pages of ensuing discussion, right here: http://www.golfclubatlas.com/forum/index.php/topic,41154.0.html

Also, for Kalen or anyone else heading out to Tobiano, here is my GCA writeup on that golf course: http://www.golfclubatlas.com/forum/index.php/topic,42367.0.html

I'm looking forward to hearing about everyone's thoughts upon their return.  Have a great time in Canada!

Bill_McBride

« Reply #56 on: June 05, 2012, 12:27:55 PM »
I've already expressed my regrets to both Bob Jenkins and Will MacEwen via email about not attending this year's KP.  I have to imagine that the GCA consensus on Sagebrush will be very positive after visiting the course multiple times over the past couple years.  It's a remarkable golf course and plays incredibly firm and fast.  Even with some rain expected this week, I doubt you'll see any adverse effect on the playing conditions.

Once again, for those who are visiting Sagebrush for the first time, feel free to check out my GCA photo review of the golf course, along with five pages of ensuing discussion, right here: http://www.golfclubatlas.com/forum/index.php/topic,41154.0.html

Also, for Kalen or anyone else heading out to Tobiano, here is my GCA writeup on that golf course: http://www.golfclubatlas.com/forum/index.php/topic,42367.0.html

I'm looking forward to hearing about everyone's thoughts upon their return.  Have a great time in Canada!

I was thinking we might see both Bosela and Nepon at this Canadian Kings Putter.  I think hope the weather will be better than last year at Bandon or the year before at Ballyneal!

Will MacEwen

« Reply #57 on: June 05, 2012, 12:40:15 PM »

I was thinking we might see both Bosela and Nepon at this Canadian Kings Putter.  I think hope the weather will be better than last year at Bandon or the year before at Ballyneal!

Everyone will pack their cheater jackets and play Goretex ball if the weather is the least bit iffy.

Dale Jackson

« Reply #58 on: June 05, 2012, 12:55:50 PM »
Weather starting to look better.  60% chance of showers Saturday morning, sun and cloud for the rest of the day  and Sunday.  Snow level at 1,400 metres on Saturday is a bit concerning - 4,600 feet for our American brethren.  Sagebrush is about 800 metres but still ...
I've seen an architecture, something new, that has been in my mind for years and I am glad to see a man with A.V. Macan's ability to bring it out. - Gene Sarazen

Pete_Pittock

« Reply #59 on: June 06, 2012, 12:51:01 AM »
Easy pickings checking in, after spending all Monday on the same course with Casey Martin offering rulings and only the lookout for lightning. Continuing a KP tradition, I finally wised up to the fact there will be four, not two, bottles of Oregon Pinot Noir, as the esteemed Mr. McBride willl double the allowable transport.

Easy pickings as my partner and me, the anchor, finished last net in our member-member last weekend. SundayI  had 11 shots from 7 bunkers. Can't wait to get to the unraked ones.

I strongly suggest a purchase of the yardage book/course guide to assist you in navigation around the course. The sprinkler heads have reference numbers rather than yardages and my metric conversion skills have wayned. ;). And read the whole legend page.

Mr Bill,
I trust your Delta flight will be on time at noon at SeaTac. I'll be the one in the George Pazin produced GCA tee shirt, if it still fits. Otherwise it will be at auction.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2012, 12:53:19 AM by Pete_Pittock »

Bill_McBride

« Reply #60 on: June 06, 2012, 09:18:31 AM »
Easy pickings checking in, after spending all Monday on the same course with Casey Martin offering rulings and only the lookout for lightning. Continuing a KP tradition, I finally wised up to the fact there will be four, not two, bottles of Oregon Pinot Noir, as the esteemed Mr. McBride willl double the allowable transport.

Easy pickings as my partner and me, the anchor, finished last net in our member-member last weekend. SundayI  had 11 shots from 7 bunkers. Can't wait to get to the unraked ones.

I strongly suggest a purchase of the yardage book/course guide to assist you in navigation around the course. The sprinkler heads have reference numbers rather than yardages and my metric conversion skills have wayned. ;). And read the whole legend page.

Mr Bill,
I trust your Delta flight will be on time at noon at SeaTac. I'll be the one in the George Pazin produced GCA tee shirt, if it still fits. Otherwise it will be at auction.

DFL in the member-member?   :o.  Great warm up!

I will ring your cell phone upon landing and again from the sidewalk in front of Delta, hopefully with golf clubs.  We have a pretty brisk connection in Atlanta.  See you Friday, thanks. 

Will MacEwen

« Reply #61 on: June 07, 2012, 01:41:20 PM »
Weather is a little iffy right now - cool and drizzly.  Pack accordingly

Kalen and Garland, would you be agreeable to a grudge match on Saturday afternoon, afte rthe morning practice round?

Kalen Braley

« Reply #62 on: June 07, 2012, 02:30:37 PM »
Weather is a little iffy right now - cool and drizzly.  Pack accordingly

Kalen and Garland, would you be agreeable to a grudge match on Saturday afternoon, afte rthe morning practice round?

Sure i'm game...a Saturday afternoon and Sunday morning one would be awesome!!  ;)

Will MacEwen

« Reply #63 on: June 07, 2012, 02:37:07 PM »
Thanks Kalen.  We have 18 so that helps with setting the matches.

Kalen Braley

« Reply #64 on: June 07, 2012, 04:13:46 PM »
Thanks Kalen.  We have 18 so that helps with setting the matches.

I'll be thrilled to win two points for the team!!  ;D

Richard Choi

« Reply #65 on: June 07, 2012, 04:59:07 PM »
Can I request that my group be scheduled far apart from the "grudge match"? It just ain't going to be pretty... :)

Pete_Pittock

« Reply #66 on: June 07, 2012, 05:07:02 PM »
Richard,
With a thin tee sheet we can start anyone pretty much anywhere.

P.S.   At Sagebrush they have a barrel of long tees, a barrel of short tees, but no barrel of %$*rush tees.

Eric Smith

« Reply #67 on: June 07, 2012, 05:18:25 PM »
Wishing all of you guys safe travels on your journeys and the time of your lives when you get there. Sagebrush one day!

Ted Harris

« Reply #68 on: June 07, 2012, 09:12:59 PM »
Just want to confirm order of events

8:30am Saturday - is that the meeting time ? rather early but I will be there !!!

Saturday am - practice round ?
Saturday pm - official rounds ? - followed by dinner

Sunday am - singles ?
Sunday pm - foursomes ? - followed by dinner

Monday - Marine Dr starting at 1pm

http://www.accuweather.com/en/ca/merritt/v1k/weekend-weather/52824

At worst looks like spotty showers - might get lucky and avoid any rain

Pete_Pittock

« Reply #69 on: June 07, 2012, 10:16:09 PM »
Ted,
     There are no practice facilities at Sagebrush. There are also other groups of which we need to be cognizant.
     The 8:30 time is probably our first tee time. Sagebrush is notoriously very flexible. I have started a round on numerous different holes depending on where others were on the course, and still more opening holes have been suggested by Don.
     The morning round will not count towards the King's Putter. Will MacEwen should chime in, but if this is your first time on the course I suggest you find a veteran.
     The afternoon round is a counter for the KP, format is fourball (betterball)(bestball) matchplay.
     Sunday morning (times to be determined) is singles match play, rounds counting towards the KP.
     Sunday afternoon is a foursome format, rounds counted towards the KP.
    The only formal dinner I am aware of is Saturday night at the club. If you want to repeat on Sunday night, you need to make arrangements on Saturday.     
     Monday golf at Marine Drive, tee times after 1 pm. Rounds presumably count towards the KP, format to be determined over wine.

Pete_Pittock

« Reply #70 on: June 10, 2012, 12:56:52 AM »
North leads 3-2.
Victors (Pittock/Jenkins (N); Kirk/Harris )S); Choi/Essig (N); Carlson/McGhie (N); Braley in a grudge match single. Tomorrow is singles in the am and foursome in the afternoon.

The computer at my earlier post and i head a bottle of scotch at the bar.

Matthew Essig

« Reply #71 on: June 10, 2012, 05:47:22 PM »
Go North!!!!  ;D
"Good GCA should offer an interesting golfing challenge to the golfer not a difficult golfing challenge." Jon Wiggett

Pete_Pittock

« Reply #72 on: June 11, 2012, 01:05:05 AM »
9-9 after morning singles and afternoon foursome. All the marbles tomorrow at Marine Drive. Too drunk after four hours at the Hideout to get into details except some saw a nice osprey vs bald eagle setto.

Bill_McBride

« Reply #73 on: June 11, 2012, 10:04:22 AM »
The Hideout at Sagebrush might be the coolest place to drink in the golf world, narrowly nipping the big room in the R&A clubhouse at St Andrews.  To enhance the flavor, John Kirk brought hisbiPod dock and played lots of the Beach Boys, Dyland, The Band, Merle, the Beatles....great evening with super beef tenderloins best beef I've had since Buenos Aires.

Oh yeah, the Sagebrush golf course is really fine too.  It was great having architect arid Whitman around explains the design and joining in the golf.  Did you know there are 12 false fronts at Sagebrush?

Thanks to Bob Jenkins and Will MacEwen for putting this together, and to Petes Pittock and Lavalee for  their stirring captancies. 

Oh yes, the bald eagle drove off both an osprey and a red tailed hawk while reclaiming his fishing rights in the pond at The Hideout.  He'd been south for the winter and just returned. 

Kalen Braley

« Reply #74 on: June 11, 2012, 10:05:04 AM »
Good to hear they came back in the afternoon matches to tie it all up...bummer I had to miss out on the afternoon matches, but got home safe and sound last night.

Big thanks again to all the organizers of this event for putting this together.. As usual the discussion and off-course events were just as good as the golf....and thats taking nothing away from Sagebrush as it too is a fantastic golf course.  Just some wonderful holes out there and local knowledge certainly helps.

The Hideout was an awesome place for some post round fun and food....sounds like the boozing got crazy last night.

P.S.  I'm finally off the snide for Grudge Match as I got one in the win column.  I won 6 & 4 but Garland has been battling some injuries, so he didn't have his normal stuff.  And on one of the par 5s we played, which is about as quirky a par 5 as you will ever see, Garland won the hole with a 10 to my 11!   ;D

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back