News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

BHoover

Re: 3rd Annual Midwest Mashie - NEW DATE AND VENUE
« Reply #25 on: May 23, 2012, 10:28:42 PM »
I'd like to play, but at this point I am only a "maybe."

PCCraig

« Reply #26 on: May 24, 2012, 09:03:24 AM »
Matt,

Great job putting this together. As I believe we discussed a bit last year in Wisconsin, Indy is a perfect spot to host a Mashie. Not only did you pick a couple great venues for the matches, but there is a ton of really good golf nearby for others to see if they haven't already. As much as I'd love to participate, I unfortunately have a family wedding that same weekend, so I'll be unable to make it. Looking forward to hearing the stories from the weekend.
H.P.S.

Scott Sander

« Reply #27 on: May 24, 2012, 10:28:49 AM »
I'm in for Broadmoor.

Thanks for putting this together!  

Good list on public-access additions.

To those who might be looking for some private options, Crooked Stick will be 2 weeks post-BMW Championships, so it'll be in a stage of healing.
CS and Wolf Run are the obvious ones to this crowd, but there are really interesting architecural stories to be told at Highland, Woodland, and CCI, too.

In the completely opposite direction, anyone with an adventurous spirit and some curiosity about Pete Dye's origins can play all or part of at least four old courses of his -Sahm, Eagle Creek, Maple Creek, Dye's Walk- for less than you'd spend on a decent lunch.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2012, 11:09:25 AM by Scott Sander »

Jud_T

« Reply #28 on: May 24, 2012, 11:30:36 AM »
ok- even though I'm dying to see it, Harrison Hills looks like it's an additional hour out of the way, so Trophy club it is for the Chicago Sunday afternoon contingent who are interested...
Golf is a game. We play it. Somewhere along the way we took the fun out of it and charged a premium to be punished.- - Ron Sirak

Jason Thurman

« Reply #29 on: May 24, 2012, 11:45:12 AM »
Jud, I'll be heading back to Cincinnati afterwards but I love The Trophy Club and might join you if schedule allows.
"There will always be haters. That’s just the way it is. Hating dudes marry hating women and have hating ass kids." - Evan Turner

Some of y'all have never been called out in bold green font and it really shows.

ward peyronnin

« Reply #30 on: May 24, 2012, 09:27:54 PM »
Matt

I am in

Regards
Chez Wardo
"Golf is happiness. It's intoxication w/o the hangover; stimulation w/o the pills. It's price is high yet its rewards are richer. Some say its a boys pastime but it builds men. It cleanses the mind/rejuvenates the body. It is these things and many more for those of us who truly love it." M.Norman

Matthew Sander

« Reply #31 on: May 24, 2012, 09:49:52 PM »
Ward and others,

Glad to hear it! It is shaping up to be a great event.

If I haven't mentioned it yet, we don't have a cap for number of players on Sunday at The Fort, so I made tentative tee times for 32. Anyone who can't do Saturday, but would be able to play Sunday is welcome, just let me know.

Also, pardon my nerddom (or nerdacity, whatever the descriptor is), but I've put together a little map of some of the area courses to give you a better idea when making additional plans. Oh, the things you can accomplish while watching the NBA Playoffs...

Broadmoor CC - 1
The Fort - 2
The Trophy Club - A
Brickyard Crossing - B
Prairie View GC - C
Bear Slide (Liddy) - D
Purgatory GC (Ron Kern) - E
Heartland Crossing Golf Links - F
Harrison Hills (Langford/Liddy) - G
Kampen Course (Dye) - H
Coyote Crossing (Irwin) - I

Criss Titschinger

« Reply #32 on: May 26, 2012, 06:53:44 AM »
If any of you plan on playing Purgatory or Bear Slide on Sunday afternoon, I might caution that there's a lot of construction up by the I-69/Rt. 37 area.

When I played Purgatory a couple weeks ago on a Thursday morning at 10:30, I had no problem getting off the Rt. 37 exit. But, when I left for my return trip back to Cincinnati around 2:30, traffic on that northbound exit was very backed up. Not sure if the weekend would lessen that traffic, but I could only imagine if traffic was that bad at 2:30 on a Thursday, what must it be like during higher traffic peaks?

Played The Fort earlier in April and it was in fantastic condition. Maybe I'm just out of shape, but that will be quite a hike for the walkers. A couple of decent valleys to climb up and down on 5, 6, and 18. By mid-September, the temperature should start cooling down a bit, so that should help.

Would love to take up the opportunity to play Broadmoor, but my game is too embarrassing right now to commit to anything. If there's still an open spot by the deadline, and if I can get that date open on my calendar, and if I can make my game somewhat respectable for public consumption, and lastly if I don't hurt myself like I did last year which caused me to miss Lawsonia, than I'm in.  :)

I'll know more by August if I'm in or out. Certainly don't hold a spot for me that would leave another out. Make me the lowest priority.

Billsteele

« Reply #33 on: May 26, 2012, 11:36:15 AM »
George and Matt-Thanks for putting this together. Put me down as a tentative attendee.

Chris Clouser

« Reply #34 on: May 26, 2012, 10:45:08 PM »
Criss,

Good note on the traffic for the exit off of I69 to Noblesville.  I drive through that every day.  It is only really an issue on weekday evenings.  Other times should be fine.  It's only a problem when you have about 100,000 people trying to get home from Indy to Carmel, Fishers, Noblesville, and Anderson.  That Thursday issue you ran into was because of an accident.  Some yahoo decided to dive bomb across three lanes of traffic to make the exit at the last second.  The next day they had state troopers watching the exit to discourage such a move by anyone else.

That is a note for anyone driving around Indy, everyone here thinks that the rules of traffic don't apply to them and that they are all the next great race car driver waiting to be discovered.  Just a fair warning.

« Last Edit: May 26, 2012, 10:48:50 PM by Chris Clouser »

Matthew Sander

« Reply #35 on: May 31, 2012, 04:00:54 PM »
Bump

Matthew Sander

« Reply #36 on: June 07, 2012, 03:43:16 PM »
Just a weekly bump...we still have spots available.

Howard Riefs

« Reply #37 on: June 22, 2012, 10:40:48 AM »
Semi-weekly bump
"Golf combines two favorite American pastimes: Taking long walks and hitting things with a stick."  ~P.J. O'Rourke

Matthew Sander

Re: 3rd Annual Midwest Mashie - Spots Still Available
« Reply #38 on: June 26, 2012, 03:53:58 PM »
Another bump...plenty of room still available for both days.

Matthew Sander

« Reply #39 on: July 16, 2012, 02:49:30 PM »
Bump...Also, if anyone is interested in playing The Trophy Club on Sunday afternoon, let me know and I can call to block off a few tee times. I'm not sure if I can join you, but I'd be happy to make the arrangements...thanks...

Matt

Evan Fleisher

« Reply #40 on: July 16, 2012, 10:44:28 PM »
I'd like to be on the tentative list (with a possible guest).
Born Rochester, MN. Grew up Miami, FL. Live Cleveland, OH. Handicap 12.2. Have 24 & 21 year old girls and wife of 27 years. I'm a Senior Supply Chain Business Analyst for Vitamix. Diehard walker, but tolerate cart riders! Love to travel, always have my sticks with me. Mollydooker for life!

Matthew Sander

Re: 3rd Annual Midwest Mashie - Update (Participants Please Read)
« Reply #41 on: August 03, 2012, 12:51:51 PM »
Hello all,

I have some updated lodging details for the Midwest Mashie:

We have two officers homes reserved for Saturday, September 22nd. These homes can comfortably house up to 8. They have 6 queen beds (in three separate bedrooms) and two queen pullout sleeper sofas that are in semi-private rooms. Each house also has a full kitchen and 2 1/2 baths. The total cost for each house will be $234.70. We'll just divide the total by the number of guys that are staying, which can be up to 16.

If you are not interested in the communal arrangements of the officers homes, they have 4 other rooms in the lodge that are currently available. They range from $133/night to $197/night based on occupancy and room size. For these rooms you must BOOK YOURSELF by calling 1-877-563-4371. When you call, be sure to mention the "Stay and Play discount rate", not the "Stay and Play package" as we already have a separate reduced green fee for Sunday morning's golf.

There are several other hotels within a relatively short distance that are available if you don't want to, or are unable to stay onsite:

Hampton Inn Castleton (317) 576-0220
Comfort Inn and Suites - (317) 823-7700
Drury Inn and Suites - (317) 849-8900
Hilton Indianapolis North - (317) 849-6668

Please let me know your intentions for lodging (with a post or a PM). We'll cap the officers homes at 16. Others will have to book on their own using the phone numbers and options provided above, or alternatives found on your own.

One last note, the fee for golf at The Fort will be $59 provided we have at least 20. If we drop below 20, the fee will be $69.

Thanks,
Matt
« Last Edit: August 03, 2012, 03:37:02 PM by Matthew Sander »

Matthew Sander

Re: 3rd Annual Midwest Mashie - Updated (Participants Please Read)
« Reply #42 on: August 03, 2012, 01:08:44 PM »
One more thing, if you would like a caddie at Broadmoor, please let me know ASAP so one can be reserved. Jud, you're already taken care of.

Thanks,
Matt

Matthew Sander

« Reply #43 on: August 03, 2012, 03:41:08 PM »
To clarify, the total cost for each officer home is $234.70 per night. I received a PM asking if it was $234.70 per person, so I wanted to be clear. We'll divide the total for the two houses between the total number of guests...thanks...

Matt

Mark Smolens

« Reply #44 on: August 03, 2012, 04:39:00 PM »
My buddy Rich and I are in for one of the 16 spots in an officers' house.

Howard Riefs

« Reply #45 on: August 03, 2012, 05:32:30 PM »
Thanks for arranging the logistics. I'll take a spot in the officer house, please. 
"Golf combines two favorite American pastimes: Taking long walks and hitting things with a stick."  ~P.J. O'Rourke

Jason Thurman

« Reply #46 on: August 03, 2012, 06:10:50 PM »
Thanks Matthew. I will not need lodging or a caddie.
"There will always be haters. That’s just the way it is. Hating dudes marry hating women and have hating ass kids." - Evan Turner

Some of y'all have never been called out in bold green font and it really shows.

Josh Tarble

« Reply #47 on: August 03, 2012, 09:48:30 PM »
I'd love to play if there are any spots left.  I wouldn't need lodging.

I'd also be willing to set up any of the extra games for the weekend.

Matthew Sander

« Reply #48 on: August 03, 2012, 11:13:59 PM »
Josh,

Great! I've added you to the roster. For additional details, see the original post.

Matt

Josh Tarble

« Reply #49 on: August 04, 2012, 03:11:27 PM »
Awesome! Looking forward to it.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back