News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Kevin_Reilly

Re: Mike Whitaker
« Reply #100 on: April 02, 2012, 01:09:29 AM »
Glad to hear the good ending, Mike.  For the last year or so I've carried a packet of powdered aspirin in my wallet....never know when someone will need it. 

The kind that you can keep in your wallet and goes down quickly is called Urgent Rx.  http://urgentrx.com/apirin-and-heart-attacks
"GOLF COURSES SHOULD BE ENJOYED RATHER THAN RATED" - Tom Watson

Giles Payne

« Reply #101 on: April 02, 2012, 04:26:54 AM »
Shock - relief - Mike, glad you are OK - take care and look forward to seeing you at BUDA - if you are around London later in the year and want a game let me know.

Niall C

« Reply #102 on: April 02, 2012, 07:16:22 AM »
Mike

On the 11th at Cleeves Cloud on Saturday, I threw my 2 wood in your honour  ;D Glad to hear you're on the mend and look forward to catching up with you again at Silloth.

All the best

Niall

Lynn_Shackelford

« Reply #103 on: April 02, 2012, 09:26:07 AM »
Mike, I hope you have a full and speedy recovery.
It must be kept in mind that the elusive charm of the game suffers as soon as any successful method of standardization is allowed to creep in.  A golf course should never pretend to be, nor is intended to be, an infallible tribunal.
               Tom Simpson

Mark Pearce

« Reply #104 on: April 02, 2012, 09:40:49 AM »
Mike,

Just picked this up on holiday in Fife.  In order of importance: great to hear you are OK and recovering, also good to hear you're still planning on being at BUDA,it really wouldn'the BUDA without you and, finally, if you're in Fife in August we should hook up withFBD and get a game.  If the doctors allow we could even have a nice, peaty single malt.
In June I will be riding the first three stages of this year's Tour de France route for charity.  630km (394 miles) in three days, with 7800m (25,600 feet) of climbing for the William Wates Memorial Trust (https://rideleloop.org/the-charity/) which supports underprivileged young people.

Brock Peyer

« Reply #105 on: April 02, 2012, 09:47:22 AM »
Praying for you Mike.

Kris Shreiner

« Reply #106 on: April 02, 2012, 10:04:04 AM »
Mike,

I'm glad you're on the mend. Take care and live each day to the fullest!

Cheers,
Kris 8)
"I said in a talk at the Dunhill Tournament in St. Andrews a few years back that I thought any of the caddies I'd had that week would probably make a good golf course architect. We all want to ask golfers of all abilities to get more out of their games -caddies do that for a living." T.Doak

Jamey Bryan

« Reply #107 on: April 02, 2012, 11:40:46 AM »
Mike:

I, too, was shocked when I saw this thread and relieved when it quickly became clear that you're on the mend.

Prayers for your rapid and complete recovery, and I'm looking forward to seeing you soon.

Jamey

Brad Tufts

« Reply #108 on: April 02, 2012, 11:50:31 AM »
Get well and back on the course ASAP Mike, this thread was certainly an eye-opener.  :o

My grandfather was once the beneficiary of speedy treatment as well, as his heart attack happened while winding the lobby grandfather clock at the North Shore Medical Center in Salem, MA where he volunteered after retirement.  He was in an OR in less than 2.5 minutes, and he was able to live another 15 years to 92!

Looking forward to another fun Dixie Cup in October!
So I jump ship in Hong Kong....

Dave Falkner

« Reply #109 on: April 02, 2012, 12:14:26 PM »
"•  Chest pain or pressure, or a strange feeling in the chest.
•  Sweating.
•  Shortness of breath.
•  Nausea or vomiting.
•  Pain, pressure, or a strange feeling in the back, neck, jaw, or upper belly, or in one or both shoulders or arms.
•  Lightheadedness or sudden weakness.
•  A fast or irregular heartbeat."

If that were the case I'd be taking aspirin before every three footer

Mike  glad to hear you are well   and  maybe it was the pizza parlors here in NY

Frank M

« Reply #110 on: April 02, 2012, 01:57:42 PM »
Wow...I do not know Mike save for a few messages we've exchanged lately.

Get well ASAP

Michael Whitaker

« Reply #111 on: April 02, 2012, 02:33:27 PM »
Guys... once again thank you for the messages, calls and emails. It is all appreciated more than you will ever know.

I'm feeling really good! Doc says they got to me quick enough to avert most of the permanent damage. I had one artery that was 100% blocked... that is the one they fixed. In a few weeks I'll return for a repair of two more that are 70-80% blocked. Once that work is done I should be as good as new!!!

Turboe:  I haven't met Mrs. Boe yet. Looking forward to it.

Mark P:  Peaty single malt sounds like just the thing for a sore heart. I'll be there. I've been looking forward to meeting FBD in person!

Niall: Thank you for the toss. I hope to meet up with you at Old Morey in August so I can judge your technique in person. So that you can practice, here is a video of the proper steps: http://www.reynoldsgolfacademy.com/instruction/throw-club/
« Last Edit: April 02, 2012, 02:35:15 PM by Michael Whitaker »
"Solving the paradox of proportionality is the heart of golf architecture."  - Tom Doak (11/20/05)

Michael George

« Reply #112 on: April 02, 2012, 02:38:03 PM »

OK, Mr. Whitaker is back to normal.  Now we can talk about what everyone is thinking.

Mike - Now that you don't have a 100% blockage, can we expect a reduction in your handicap before the 5th Major ;D
"First come my wife and children.  Next comes my profession--the law. Finally, and never as a life in itself, comes golf" - Bob Jones

Niall C

« Reply #113 on: April 02, 2012, 02:40:32 PM »
Mike

That guys a numpty. Always but always through your club in the direction of travel and unless that guys going for a swim he's badly off line.

Look forward to your visit in August. I'm sure we can get a mini-outing organised in your honour.

Niall

Bill_McBride

« Reply #114 on: April 02, 2012, 03:06:44 PM »

Mark P:  Peaty single malt sounds like just the thing for a sore heart. I'll be there. I've been looking forward to meeting FBD in person!

Mike, how did you miss FBD at the Buda at Elie and Lundin Links in June 2008?  You were both there!   ;D

Paul Nash

« Reply #115 on: April 02, 2012, 03:22:43 PM »
Good luck for a speedy recovery Mike and hope you are golfing again soon
Paul

Philip Gawith

« Reply #116 on: April 02, 2012, 05:21:48 PM »
Mike, sorry to hear, but delighted you are on the mend! What is the moral  of the story? Too little golf methinks! Get well....

Philip

Michael Whitaker

« Reply #117 on: April 02, 2012, 08:28:59 PM »

Mike, how did you miss FBD at the Buda at Elie and Lundin Links in June 2008?  You were both there!   ;D

WOW! I completely forgot about that. Absolutely!!!!!!!! Sorry... a senior moment.
"Solving the paradox of proportionality is the heart of golf architecture."  - Tom Doak (11/20/05)

David_Elvins

« Reply #118 on: April 02, 2012, 08:51:42 PM »
WOW! I completely forgot about that. Absolutely!!!!!!!! Sorry... a senior moment.

When you attend 14 GCA events a year, you are bound to forget a few people. 
Ask not what GolfClubAtlas can do for you; ask what you can do for GolfClubAtlas.

Colin Macqueen

« Reply #119 on: April 03, 2012, 12:00:22 AM »
"When you attend 14 GCA events a year, you are bound to forget a few people."

Maybe so Dave but surely not a ribald, baldy Scot!  Not that I've ever met him mind you!

Cheers Colin
"Golf, thou art a gentle sprite, I owe thee much"
The Hielander

paul cowley

« Reply #120 on: April 03, 2012, 03:15:47 AM »
Glad to hear you're on the mend Michael!
paul cowley...golf course architect/asgca

John Mayhugh

« Reply #121 on: April 03, 2012, 09:27:24 AM »
Mike, sorry to hear, but delighted you are on the mend! What is the moral  of the story? Too little golf methinks! Get well....

Right, more walking needed.

Just saw this thread.  Glad you're on the mend, Mike.

Doug Wright

« Reply #122 on: April 03, 2012, 11:58:52 AM »
All the best for a speedy recovery and more golf.
Twitter: @Deneuchre

Marty Bonnar

« Reply #123 on: April 04, 2012, 04:39:03 PM »

Don't worry. None taken... ;)
Re August. Defo looking to catch up with all. Mike, let me know your itin asap and I can arrange necessary time off work. Also, please drop me a pm for 'other' chat.
best,
the Invisible FBD.
The White River runs dark through the heart of the Town,
Washed the people coal-black from the hole in the ground.

Joe Fairey

« Reply #124 on: May 08, 2012, 10:36:45 PM »
Mike had his second stint procedure yesterday,  I hear and am very happy to report the

Doc says all is well and Mike should be back to full strength in a couple of weeks.

Great to hear the good news.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back