News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Sam Morrow

Re: Brad Klein's write-up on Stevens Park, Dallas, TX
« Reply #25 on: February 27, 2012, 11:18:36 PM »
My first job out of college was superintendent at Meadowbrook for the city of Fort Worth. We got a 10 cent a round incentive benefit. We did 67,000 rounds, I imagine the Dallas muni do close to the same. Thirty bucks a round, 2 million in green fee income alone, no one guarantees the price will stay in that range. But it could,,,muni´s don´t need to make money, just not suck to much out of city budgets. Break even is a good objective.

I've never played Meadowbrook, where in town is it and is it any good?
Sam,
Its on the other side of 30 from Woodhaven Country club, if you know where that is, on the east side of town. Brentwoodstair exit or oakland! Its by far the best design in the Ft, worth muni´s. got some elevation changes and tight. Have not been there in 30 years, so not sure about the conditions but most locals should agree the better design of the five courses they have or had.

I've got an idea of where that is, I think you can see a tiny bit of the course from the road.

mike_beene

« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2012, 12:56:49 AM »
As a Dallas taxpayer the notion that this is a conservative city is very misplaced.We have as screwed up a government as most big cities.Actually this should be a worthwhile project. We were unable to make a deal for the cowboys. Lots of luck getting police response to a crime scene but if your sprinkler system comes on on a non water day they will have three officers there to ticket you.The trains have had a few murders this year  and trash only gets picked up once a week.The republicans control the suburbs and outer counties.Dallas and even Dallas County is solidly in the democratic camp on the whole.

Sam Morrow

« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2012, 12:58:37 AM »
As a Dallas taxpayer the notion that this is a conservative city is very misplaced.We have as screwed up a government as most big cities.Actually this should be a worthwhile project. We were unable to make a deal for the cowboys. Lots of luck getting police response to a crime scene but if your sprinkler system comes on on a non water day they will have three officers there to ticket you.The trains have had a few murders this year  and trash only gets picked up once a week.The republicans control the suburbs and outer counties.Dallas and even Dallas County is solidly in the democratic camp on the whole.

What is Laura Miller doing these days?

mike_beene

« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2012, 01:03:55 AM »
She ran out of people to blame.Saw her in the 7-11 a while back with her kid in a football uniform. Poor kid.Whoever he marries will be a lot nicer than his mom.And more honorable as well.

Sam Morrow

« Reply #29 on: February 28, 2012, 01:08:09 AM »
She ran out of people to blame.Saw her in the 7-11 a while back with her kid in a football uniform. Poor kid.Whoever he marries will be a lot nicer than his mom.And more honorable as well.

Her husband was from Corsicana, she was mayor when I was at Corsicana CC, there were people who had entertaining things to say about her.  ;)

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back