News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Ben Jarvis

LPGA at Royal Melbourne - begins tomorrow
« on: February 08, 2012, 04:23:58 AM »
The LPGA season gets underway tomorrow, with the Women's Australian Open being played over the Composite Course at Royal Melbourne.

It will be interesting to see how the best female golfers in the world handle the famed greens at RM. With hot conditions and strong winds, scores would skyrocket, in my opinion. Perhaps fortunately, the weather forecast shows showers and cooler temperatures throughout the four rounds.

For further information re: event details, scores etc, got to - http://www.golfaustralia.org.au/default.aspx?s=wao
Twitter: @BennyJarvis
Instagram: @bennyj08

Mark_F

Re: LPGA at Royal Melbourne - begins tomorrow
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2012, 05:49:05 AM »
Perhaps fortunately, the weather forecast shows showers and cooler temperatures throughout the four rounds.

I wouldn't worry too much about that, Ben.

Weather forecasters in Melbourne are just as useless as economists in predicting things.  :)

Joe Bausch

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2012, 05:51:29 AM »
ISPS Handa Women's Australian Open
Feb 09 : GC 12:30-2:30 PM ET
Feb 10 : GC 12:30-2:30 PM ET
Feb 11 : GC 10:00-12:30 PM ET
Feb 12 : GC 10:00-12:30 PM ET
@jwbausch (for new photo albums)
The site for the Cobb's Creek project:  https://cobbscreek.org/
Nearly all Delaware Valley golf courses in photo albums: Bausch Collection

Ben Jarvis

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2012, 06:00:24 AM »
Perhaps fortunately, the weather forecast shows showers and cooler temperatures throughout the four rounds.

I wouldn't worry too much about that, Ben.

Weather forecasters in Melbourne are just as useless as economists in predicting things.  :)

I know that Mark - I live in Barwon Heads - it's no better here!
Twitter: @BennyJarvis
Instagram: @bennyj08

Scott Warren

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2012, 07:04:42 AM »
Anyone have any knowledge of how the course has been set up relative to the Pres. Cup?

Matthew Mollica

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2012, 07:11:49 AM »
Not sure Scott. I'm very interested in that myself.
Will be heading down there Saturday and will report back.

MM
"The truth about golf courses has a slightly different expression for every golfer. Which of them, one might ask, is without the most definitive convictions concerning the merits or deficiencies of the links he plays over? Freedom of criticism is one of the last privileges he is likely to forgo."

Garland Bayley

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2012, 02:04:49 PM »
It will be interesting to see how the best female golfers in the world handle the famed greens at RM. With hot conditions and strong winds, scores would skyrocket, in my opinion. Perhaps fortunately, the weather forecast shows showers and cooler temperatures throughout the four rounds.

Score might skyrocket for you, but remember we are talking about + handicaps here.
The top players scored lower at Oakmont than the men for their respective opens.
"I enjoy a course where the challenges are contained WITHIN it, and recovery is part of the game  not a course where the challenge is to stay ON it." Jeff Warne

Mike_Clayton

« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2012, 04:29:55 PM »
Scott,

It's a slightly different order. They start at 3 west (same as the PC) play all the rest of the west hole finishing up with 1 and 2. Then they play the six holes on the East. The 4th East is in play and not 16 East.
Some of the tees are forward - the worst position is on 6 west where it is so far forward they will be hitting irons off the tee.
I was there on Sunday and the greens were pretty hard and quite fast - maybe 11
Today is a beautiful day - I am heading down there now to check it out.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back