News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Kalen Braley

Re: Bandon Dunes is "Merely Adequate"
« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2012, 03:06:39 PM »
Golly, I like Bandon Dunes.

Do you guys have stoppers in the sinks?

I advise you to not answer that Chris for fear of persecution.

Eric,

You're non-answer was enough.....its clear there are no stoppers in the bathrooms.  Consider me "out" for the 5th Major.   ;D

Sam Morrow

« Reply #26 on: January 13, 2012, 03:07:05 PM »

I don't need a stopper, the only time I use the stopper is when my girlfriend is watching and yells at me about wasting water.

Chris Johnston

« Reply #27 on: January 13, 2012, 03:07:48 PM »

Answers like that aren't in the marketing balance sheet.

Kalen - you will be missed!

Michael George

« Reply #28 on: January 13, 2012, 03:07:54 PM »

Eric,

You're non-answer was enough.....its clear there are no stoppers in the bathrooms.  Consider me "out" for the 5th Major.   ;D

Kalen - I don't know what post is better this one or the Trump waterfall at Ballyneal.  Keep up the good work.
"First come my wife and children.  Next comes my profession--the law. Finally, and never as a life in itself, comes golf" - Bob Jones

Kalen Braley

« Reply #29 on: January 13, 2012, 03:09:39 PM »
Perhaps the joke is on us...

Early April Fools day article?  I can't imagine any person, (outside of a pampered star like Mariah Carey), being this petty about stuff.

Dan Herrmann

« Reply #30 on: January 13, 2012, 03:09:52 PM »
The author of that article is bloody insane.

Brent Hutto

« Reply #31 on: January 13, 2012, 03:10:10 PM »
You know, there's a little knob or lever that turns the water off when you're not using it. Turn it on, rinse for a moment, turn it off. Lather, rinse, repeat. Works a charm.

Eric Smith

« Reply #32 on: January 13, 2012, 03:11:47 PM »
Kalen,

I don't mean to boast, but yes, we do have stoppers.

John Kavanaugh

« Reply #33 on: January 13, 2012, 03:13:06 PM »
I guess you guys haven't read Klein's take on the coffee service at French Lick.

Michael George

« Reply #34 on: January 13, 2012, 03:13:10 PM »
You know, there's a little knob or lever that turns the water off when you're not using it. Turn it on, rinse for a moment, turn it off. Lather, rinse, repeat. Works a charm.

For those concerned with this important issue, a wash towel can plug a drain very well.  Stuff the towel over the sink, turn on the water and watch the water level rise.

"First come my wife and children.  Next comes my profession--the law. Finally, and never as a life in itself, comes golf" - Bob Jones

Kalen Braley

« Reply #35 on: January 13, 2012, 03:13:20 PM »
Kalen,

I don't mean to boast, but yes, we do have stoppers.

Phew close call,

I wasn't sure how to come groveling back on my knees trying to explain how my airline ticket was non-refundable and I would indeed come after all, stoppers or not!!

Glad to be back in!!!

jeffwarne

« Reply #36 on: January 13, 2012, 03:14:45 PM »

There's running water at the resort?

Love to see this pampered boy at The Machrie where the water is BLACK.
and I'd go back in a second
« Last Edit: January 13, 2012, 03:38:03 PM by jeffwarne »
"Let's slow the damned greens down a bit, not take the character out of them." Tom Doak
"Take their focus off the grass and put it squarely on interesting golf." Don Mahaffey

Kalen Braley

« Reply #37 on: January 13, 2012, 03:17:57 PM »
On 2nd reflection....

I think RW was really on to something.  I mean c'mon who can't use a little more "cowbell" when they go to Bandon.

http://www.funnyhub.com/videos/pages/snl-more-cowbell.html

"I got a fever and the only Rx....."

Garland Bayley

« Reply #38 on: January 13, 2012, 03:24:14 PM »

Early April Fools day article?  I can't imagine any person, (outside of a pampered star like Mariah Carey), being this petty about stuff.

Kalen,

Fess up. Have you ever stayed at the resort? We know you did a drive by play of Pac Dunes.
Put me in the camp of accommodations being lacking. However, it is a golf resort.
"I enjoy a course where the challenges are contained WITHIN it, and recovery is part of the game  not a course where the challenge is to stay ON it." Jeff Warne

Kalen Braley

« Reply #39 on: January 13, 2012, 03:26:28 PM »

Kalen,

Fess up. Have you ever stayed at the resort? We know you did a drive by play of Pac Dunes.
Put me in the camp of accommodations being lacking. However, it is a golf resort.

Never stayed there...

..but you're talking about a guy, me, who has no issue staying at a Motel 6.  I'm pretty sure the accomadations at BR are far more than adequate.

Tom_Doak

« Reply #40 on: January 13, 2012, 03:31:37 PM »
When I played golf with Walter Woods many years ago, we went into the clubhouse of the New Club at St. Andrews to clean up afterwards, and as he was shaving, Walter made a point of telling me how when he had gone to the GCSAA show in California the year before, they had no stoppers in the sinks so he could shave.  He couldn't believe that a water-starved place like Southern California, which was in a drought at the time, would waste water like that.

Perhaps Whitten is channeling Walter Woods, which would never be a bad thing.

Other than that, it's just a silly blog post, carrying not much more weight than anything written here.

Chris Johnston

« Reply #41 on: January 13, 2012, 03:36:11 PM »
When I played golf with Walter Woods many years ago, we went into the clubhouse of the New Club at St. Andrews to clean up afterwards, and as he was shaving, Walter made a point of telling me how when he had gone to the GCSAA show in California the year before, they had no stoppers in the sinks so he could shave.  He couldn't believe that a water-starved place like Southern California, which was in a drought at the time, would waste water like that.

Perhaps Whitten is channeling Walter Woods, which would never be a bad thing.

Other than that, it's just a silly blog post, carrying not much more weight than anything written here.

Tom, glad to hear you say that.  I may need to borrow the stoppper from your room for Kalen's visit. 

Tom Yost

« Reply #42 on: January 13, 2012, 03:56:53 PM »
You guys don't bring your own stoppers?

Sam Morrow

« Reply #43 on: January 13, 2012, 03:57:37 PM »
If I sold stoppers I would be on the phone with Mike Keiser making this happen.

jeffwarne

« Reply #44 on: January 13, 2012, 04:01:24 PM »

You want stoppers?
Go to Kohler ;D ;)
"Let's slow the damned greens down a bit, not take the character out of them." Tom Doak
"Take their focus off the grass and put it squarely on interesting golf." Don Mahaffey

Sam Morrow

« Reply #45 on: January 13, 2012, 04:03:24 PM »

You want stoppers?
Go to Kohler ;D ;)

What kind of bathroom fixtures do they have at Bandon?

BCrosby

« Reply #46 on: January 13, 2012, 04:05:39 PM »
"Other than that, it's just a silly blog post, carrying not much more weight than anything written here."

TD - I'm not sure why you think that. Unlike us laymen slubovnicks, RW is the leading commentator on US gca today. He has the bully pulpit at GD. What he says carries weight.

I see his post as more evidence of the sad state of mass media commentary on gca. It's just not very good. Your profession deserves better.

Bob

Garland Bayley

« Reply #47 on: January 13, 2012, 04:06:09 PM »
"And I think Doak and Urbina missed a super opportunity by not creating a par 3 over a cliff-edge cove at Old Macdonald."

I guess RW doesn't understand the concept of a Charles Blair MacDonald course.
If anyone knows of such a hole by CBM, please let me know.
"I enjoy a course where the challenges are contained WITHIN it, and recovery is part of the game  not a course where the challenge is to stay ON it." Jeff Warne

Kalen Braley

« Reply #48 on: January 13, 2012, 04:07:12 PM »
I can see the marketing media now for Kohler owned courses....

"Come Play Kohler:  Cause our Bathrooms have Stoppers"

Garland Bayley

« Reply #49 on: January 13, 2012, 04:08:19 PM »
I see his post as more evidence of the sad state of mass media commentary on gca. It's just not very good. Your profession deserves better.

Bob

Almost seems that you are saying that the resort doesn't advertise in GD.
GD clearly comments favorably on their advertisers.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back