News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Kalen Braley

Re: Seattle GCA Outing - Sun, July 17th at Chambers Bay
« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2011, 01:46:53 AM »
Got into Seattle today,

Went over and took a look at Olympic Mountain where the Juniors are playing.  Walked the back 9, looks like some good stuff out there.  Ended up playing McCormick Woods which is nearby.  Its got some really neat holes on it, mostly on the back 9....although it doesn't appear to be in the same league with Olympic.

C u all in the morning!

Kalen

Mark Saltzman

« Reply #26 on: July 18, 2011, 01:27:14 AM »
Brent and Rich,

Thank you very much for arranging the game today at Chambers Bay.  What a great golf course and even better to experience it with new friends.  I had a great time, as did the winner of the grudge match (name TBD).

What more could one ask at American links golf course than to be welcomed with grey skies and foggy, cool and damp weather.  

We even got a rare glimpse at the floating trees off Pugot Sound:

Though the weather did clear every so often...

To make way for predictably stellar play:

...YES, that is Mr. Bayley's ball going backwards!

Rich and Brent, thanks again, I had a blast!
« Last Edit: July 18, 2011, 01:46:31 AM by Mark Saltzman »

Emile Bonfiglio

« Reply #27 on: July 18, 2011, 01:43:39 AM »
Looks like you had a great time and missed the horrible weather we had just a few hours south in Portland (over .5 inch in a couple of hours). I'm new on the board but look forward to getting to meet some of you some day.
You can follow me on twitter @luxhomemagpdx or instagram @option720

Kalen Braley

« Reply #28 on: July 18, 2011, 09:53:26 AM »
A big thanks to Richard and Brent as well.

I had a blast playing with everyone and Chambers Bay is certainly the real deal.  Undoubtedly some terrific holes to be found out there.

Garland Bayley

« Reply #29 on: July 18, 2011, 11:31:33 AM »
Thanks to Rich and Brent for hosting our group. And thanks to Mark for showing me what it means to hit it close and make birdie, as Mark and I stayed and walked and played a second 18 where I tired and started hitting it places where Mark could get photo ops.
"I enjoy a course where the challenges are contained WITHIN it, and recovery is part of the game  not a course where the challenge is to stay ON it." Jeff Warne

Sean Leary

« Reply #30 on: July 18, 2011, 11:39:27 AM »
Kalen,

Do you like CB or Wine Valley more?

Kalen Braley

« Reply #31 on: July 18, 2011, 11:48:35 AM »
Kalen,

Do you like CB or Wine Valley more?

Sean,

I certainly liked CB better.  It was a pretty clear step up over Wine Valley.  More details to come in the next few days as Garland and I do our Grudge Match results thread.

Brent Carlson

« Reply #32 on: July 18, 2011, 12:03:11 PM »
Mark / Garland / Kalen - It was a pleasure to meet and play with you guys.  The grudge match was epic.

Rich - thanks for organizing.

I hope to do this again in the future.

Kalen Braley

« Reply #33 on: July 18, 2011, 12:21:34 PM »
Brent,

Ditto for you as well.  I personally enjoyed watching you hit all those bombs off the tee!!   ;D

P.S.  That birdie at 7 was epic...that is such a tough hole.

Pete_Pittock

« Reply #34 on: July 18, 2011, 12:24:34 PM »

I had a blast playing with everyone and Chambers Bay is certainly the real deal.  Undoubtedly some terrific holes to be found out there.

Are you saying the architect didn't find them, or you play was soo bad you missed some holes entirely?   :D Or both

Kalen Braley

« Reply #35 on: July 18, 2011, 12:29:43 PM »

I had a blast playing with everyone and Chambers Bay is certainly the real deal.  Undoubtedly some terrific holes to be found out there.

Are you saying the architect didn't find them, or you play was soo bad you missed some holes entirely?   :D Or both

Leave it to Pete to stir up the pot!!  ;)

I shall clarify...."There are lots of terrific holes at Chambers Bay.  I didn't have too much trouble with wild shots, it was my putting that was the most suspect yesterday"

P.S. I think my front runner for most fav hole is #10...but I shall have to dwell on it more, there were lots to choose from.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back