News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Brock Peyer

Thank you to Chris Cupit
« on: May 24, 2011, 05:01:41 PM »
Chris,
Thank you for hosting our group today at your club.  My fondness for Rivermont grows each time that I play there.  It is breath of fresh air compared to all the "pretty green" golf courses around Atlanta.  It is one of the most fun courses that I have played.  You have a true gem, an awesome course.  Thank you again for your hospitality.
Brock

Eric Strulowitz

Re: Thank you to Chris Cupit
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2011, 03:58:14 PM »
Glad you had a great time Brock!  We had 20 players show, it was a pleasure to organize this gathering and I want to thank Chris again for all his hospitality.

We are blessed with many fine golf courses in the Altanta area, and I have probably played over 90% of them.  I would easily put Rivermont in the top 5.   It is so natural and beautiful, a breath of fresh air compared to the typical subdivision courses here.  The topography changes were amazing, especially on the back.  This is a golf course where you will really use every club in the bag and a lot of risk/reward.

Can't wait till the next Atlanta get together.  Anyone have any ideas or access to a venue that the group would be interested in?  Be happy to coordinate.

Mac Plumart

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2011, 10:12:18 PM »
Chris is the man...no doubt about it!!

Mike Riley is no slouch either!
Sportsman/Adventure loving golfer.

Bill_McBride

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2011, 04:25:49 PM »
On behalf of our threesome from Pensacola, I'll add our thanks to Chris Cupit for his gracious and generous hospitality.   We enjoyed the course very much and loved those bent greens (a treat we don't get too often down on the humid Gulf Coast).   I thought the Redan was a great example of what a fun hole it can be, one of the best I've seen outside East Lothian with its well-defined kicker.  Mike Riley redid all the original Joe Lee greens.  I think Chris runs a club I'd enjoy being a member of.

I was sorry we got there too late to meet the Atlanta crew, but we did play five holes with Eriuc and Mary Strulowitz, thanks for that.  And thanks to Eric for putting this together.

Yesterday morning we had some wild adventures on the new Champiuon mini verde greens and TifGrand surrounds at Cherokee North, a really fun and challenging course.  Due to my superior putting skills, I only 4-putted once - from 20' directly below the hole on #17.

Mac Plumart

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2011, 06:12:24 PM »
Bill, I am glad you had fun but I am bummed I didn't get a chance to meet you.  Next time!!
Sportsman/Adventure loving golfer.

Brock Peyer

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2011, 09:48:40 PM »
I second Mac, I wish that I would have gotten to meet you but had a blast playing 9 holes with Mr. Plumart.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back