News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Will MacEwen

Re: ANNOUNCING KING'S PUTTER 2012!
« Reply #25 on: May 01, 2011, 06:55:10 PM »
Dan,

I would be in subject to the usual issues of work, family and life. 

In for Sagebrush.  Can't say enough good things about it.

Bob Jenkins

« Reply #26 on: May 01, 2011, 08:11:03 PM »

Patrick K,

You are bang on except that in 2008, although Tom Huckaby clearly was involved in organizing, I believe Ed Getka let the way.

I think we could have a great event next year and I keep thinking of everyone in the evening sitting on the deck at the Hideout, holding a beer and watching the eagles dive for trout. Many will still be out on the course as it will be light quite late at that time of year. Hope you can make it!

Bob

Patrick Kiser

« Reply #27 on: May 01, 2011, 11:48:29 PM »

Patrick K,

You are bang on except that in 2008, although Tom Huckaby clearly was involved in organizing, I believe Ed Getka let the way.

I think we could have a great event next year and I keep thinking of everyone in the evening sitting on the deck at the Hideout, holding a beer and watching the eagles dive for trout. Many will still be out on the course as it will be light quite late at that time of year. Hope you can make it!

Bob

That's right Bob.  Correction made.  I even played with Ed that year at Bayonet with Sir Benham and Sir Elvins.  How can I forget...  David fooled us with his "Australian" 15 HCP that played more like a 1.5 HCP... 

You have to look out for those sneaky Aussies, if they come out to visit.  Another sneaky Aussie is that Scott Warren dude.  He cleaned out Sir Bob and no shame!

I'd certainly like to make it, but priority next year goes to Scotland.

They don't believe in 4-6 paid vacations down here  ::) .

“One natural hazard, however, which is more
or less of a nuisance, is water. Water hazards
absolutely prohibit the recovery shot, perhaps
the best shot in the game.” —William Flynn, golf
course architect

Bill_McBride

« Reply #28 on: May 01, 2011, 11:55:28 PM »
The 2011 event at Bandon ("The Battle at Bandon") was won by the team of renegades and misfits that represented SoCal. I don't remember the final score, but the 12-3 score for a.m. and p.m. matches was pivotal. 

Tim Leahy

« Reply #29 on: May 02, 2011, 01:10:11 PM »
Dan, love the central coast and used to live in Lompoc. Hopefully we can have a true Santa Maria style bbq and although they aren't well known there are some very good golf courses there. La Purisima has been debated quite a bit on this site and Marshalia Ranch at Vandenburg AFB is very good. I was a member at Santa Maria CC and it has some history. Haven't played Monarch yet but like Cypress Ridge and Black Lake.
I love golf, the fightin irish, and beautiful women depending on the season and availability.

Mike Benham

« Reply #30 on: May 02, 2011, 01:58:12 PM »

KPXI -- Gettysburg comes west!

Now there you go Dan, first you do piss on Bob's parade and now are just stomping on the Dixie Cup boys ...  ;)
« Last Edit: May 02, 2011, 02:19:35 PM by Mike Benham »
"... and I liked the guy ..."

Dan King

« Reply #31 on: May 02, 2011, 02:07:12 PM »
Mike Benham writes:
Now there you go Dan, first you do piss on Bob's parade and now are just stomping on the Dixie Cup boys ...

Your right Mike. My apologies to Bob for stepping on his thread and giving any impression I don't appreciate what he is doing. Any future talk about KPXI from me will happen in a separate thread and it probably will not be for about a year.

Cheers,
Dan King
It is a good rule in life never to apologize.  The right sort of people do not want apologies, and the wrong sort take a mean advantage of them. 
 --P.G. Wodehouse

Bill_McBride

« Reply #32 on: May 02, 2011, 07:50:46 PM »

KPXI -- Gettysburg comes west!

Now there you go Dan, first you do piss on Bob's parade and now are just stomping on the Dixie Cup boys ...  ;)

The Dixie Cup boys are obliviously unaware!

Pete_Pittock

« Reply #33 on: May 18, 2011, 06:10:57 PM »
Bob,
Was this event thought out completely? I would hate to have the organizer missing to attend a Stanley Cup finals game. We could invite a Flame or Eskimo, but a Canuck might be busy at that time next year.

Bill_McBride

« Reply #34 on: May 18, 2011, 07:21:32 PM »
Bob,
Was this event thought out completely? I would hate to have the organizer missing to attend a Stanley Cup finals game. We could invite a Flame or Eskimo, but a Canuck might be busy at that time next year.

Two words for you, Mr. Pittock:

Satellite TV.

Brad Kane

« Reply #35 on: May 19, 2011, 12:23:03 PM »
Bob,

Pete, I completely agree, the Eskimos are likely not going to field a great hockey team next year.

b.

Bob Jenkins

« Reply #36 on: May 21, 2011, 04:50:14 PM »

Pete,

Although Sagebrush is quite remote, they do have a 60" High Definition TV in the Hideout, fed by Satelite. No problem catching a playoff game. Also, on June 9-10 that would likely be the finals so the chances of The 'Nucks getting that far two years in a row would be slim.

I have 30 names so far and almost all have been to previous KPs. Other GCAers who have not been to a previous KP are most welcome for the remaining spaces. I was up there just over a week ago with Ryan Admussen and the place was running very firm and fast as usual, even though we have had an abnormally cool and damp spring on the coast.

For those of you who have not yet sent in your deposits, please do so to secure your place. I have sent emails with my address and if you do not have it, email or PM me.

Bob J.

Pete_Pittock

« Reply #37 on: May 21, 2011, 07:23:53 PM »
Bob,
I was just pointing out that if you had tickets to a Stanley Cup finals in Vancouver you would have a tough decision. I know they have a big TV. You don't have my deposit as I will be a posse member. Please advise if this is okay.

Bob Jenkins

« Reply #38 on: May 21, 2011, 08:24:32 PM »

Pete,

If you are in the possee, you are in and no deposit.

Regarding the Canucks, I will have to wrestle with my partners for the tickets and frankly, if I could combine a day at Sagebrush, dinner in the Hideout and still see a Cup final game in high def up there, I would stay at Sagebrush with friends. Let's get together up there this summer!

Bob

Bill_McBride

« Reply #39 on: May 21, 2011, 09:00:58 PM »

Pete,

Regarding the Canucks, I will have to wrestle with my partners for the tickets and frankly, if I could combine a day at Sagebrush, dinner in the Hideout and still see a Cup final game in high def up there, I would stay at Sagebrush with friends. Let's get together up there this summer!

Bob

"Damn it Tonto, I said bring the POSSE!"

Tim Leahy

« Reply #40 on: May 23, 2011, 02:21:42 PM »

Pete,

Bob

"Damn it Tonto, I said bring the POSSE!"

Love that joke!

Ever hear the one that ends "He rides bareback Mam"
I love golf, the fightin irish, and beautiful women depending on the season and availability.

Sean Leary

« Reply #41 on: October 24, 2011, 02:16:30 PM »
Bump for those who are interested....

Sagebrush is a great course and a better place.

Anthony Gray

« Reply #42 on: October 24, 2011, 02:52:18 PM »

Can't leave the country.

Evan Fleisher

« Reply #43 on: October 24, 2011, 03:40:20 PM »

Can't leave the country.

Just get a passport, dude.  They don't cost that much...   8)
Born Rochester, MN. Grew up Miami, FL. Live Cleveland, OH. Handicap 12.2. Have 24 & 21 year old girls and wife of 27 years. I'm a Senior Supply Chain Business Analyst for Vitamix. Diehard walker, but tolerate cart riders! Love to travel, always have my sticks with me. Mollydooker for life!

Lou_Duran

« Reply #44 on: October 24, 2011, 06:35:22 PM »

Is Bob still taking deposits?  Or is just saying "I'm in" sufficient?

Bill_McBride

« Reply #45 on: October 24, 2011, 06:55:11 PM »

Is Bob still taking deposits?  Or is just saying "I'm in" sufficient?

Lou, check the opening post for details.    The deposit is CAN$250.  Not sure what that is in US$ these days. 

Kalen Braley

« Reply #46 on: December 08, 2011, 01:25:15 PM »
Thought I'd bump this as its only 1/2 year away now!!   ;D

Bob,

How is the roster looking?  Will this be a GCA members event or can we bring guests?  I have a couple of buddies who may be interested, especially given that its within reasonable driving distance for us Spokane guys.

Thanks,

Garland Bayley

« Reply #47 on: December 08, 2011, 02:50:06 PM »
Bob,

Just a reminder that one of your most important duties of KP 2012 is the scheduling of GRUDGE MATCH 2012.

;)
"I enjoy a course where the challenges are contained WITHIN it, and recovery is part of the game  not a course where the challenge is to stay ON it." Jeff Warne

Kalen Braley

« Reply #48 on: December 08, 2011, 02:52:00 PM »
Bob,

Just a reminder that one of your most important duties of KP 2012 is the scheduling of GRUDGE MATCH 2012.

;)

I was thinking Sunday morning would be a good time for that...last match of the event...at least for me!!

Garland Bayley

« Reply #49 on: December 08, 2011, 03:34:42 PM »
Bob,

;)

I was thinking Sunday morning would be a good time for that...last match of the event...at least for me!!

I was thinking Sunday morning before you have seen the course before.
"I enjoy a course where the challenges are contained WITHIN it, and recovery is part of the game  not a course where the challenge is to stay ON it." Jeff Warne

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back