News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Nick Campanelli

My buddy and I are heading to Widow's Walk in Scituate, MA to see how good our game really is at the moment.  We are in need of two more to round out the foursome.  We are looking to play early on Saturday.  Looks likes its going to be mid 60's and sunny.  Let me know if there is interest.

Best,

Nick
Landscape Architect  //  Golf Course Architect

Travis Dewire

Re: Widow's Walk GC in Scituate, MA this Saturday | Two Spots Open
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2011, 11:01:37 AM »
Nick,

have fun down in scituate!!

I know you are down in the soutcoast/RI region of things...been over to newport national this year? Expensive if not in state I realize

Nick Campanelli

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2011, 11:06:17 AM »

I know you are down in the soutcoast/RI region of things...been over to newport national this year? Expensive if not in state I realize

I have not made it down to NN this year yet.  My buddy isn't an avid golfer, so he inst willing to travel to play.  I'd thought I'd say thanks by torturing him at Widow's Walk. haha

Where are you located?

Sean Leary

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2011, 11:11:58 AM »
Nick,

Do you like Widows Walk? I have played it a couple of times and really didn't like it. Been a while though.

Nick Campanelli

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2011, 11:19:32 AM »
I've played it three times.  The Chili is incredible there  ;)

I agree with you.  Its not my favorite in the area, buts its unique, which draws me back.  I think there are some ridiculous holes there (8,9,12,15,18 come to mind immediately), but I like a few of them (5,7,13,14,16,17).  Like i said in my initial post, its a great test of where your game is.  If your game is off, pray you have enough balls...similar to The Shattuck.  I usually get there once a year.  Thats about all I'll do.  

Travis Dewire

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2011, 12:42:06 PM »
I am in Boston/southern RI. Another spot that is cheaper is green valley in portsmouth, ri - not a bad track and its kept in good shape

lots of local qualifiers there, and uri hosts a tourny there too. N.E Open's been played there, def worth a look at the very least.

If you ever come up to boston area, try george wright in hyde park. Beautiful old club brick clubhouse with no doors lol! Great old track built by Ross towards end of his career in 30's nice old routing map hanging in the club house. Deff worth playing

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back