News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Wade Whitehead

GCAers:

As the Dixie Cup prepares to roar into Roanoke this fall I have received several contacts from many of you who would like to visit and play Ballyhack.  Recent discussion board attention has also resulted in a number of contacts and questions, all centered around what I believe to be a fantastic and genuinely unique golf experience.  In addition, this fall's Dixie Cup committee received more registration requests than they could accommodate.

In response I am offering to host a GCA group at Ballyhack on September 16, 17, and 18, 2011.  Players may arrive on either Friday or Saturday and are invited to stay through Sunday.  Golf is available all three days.  Lodging in very nicely-appointed cottages and food will be offered on-site.  Our clubhouse will be completed within a month and will provide the perfect venue for evening fellowship, discussion, and debate; such revelry will surely continue around our stone fire pits well into the night.

This event is open to GCAers and I will consider requests for one guest per.  If you are interested in attending, please email wade@wadewhitehead.com.  Once I receive your arrival and departure preferences I will confirm price.  I am happy to arrange a ride to and from the airport for anyone flying into ROA.  With questions please contact me directly.

For visuals visit www.ballyhackgolfclub.com and click "Tour."  Paul Hundley's photos may be found here: http://thepaulhundleygallery.com/#/gallery/ballyhack-gc/b117-1701b-fpo-proof-scan/.  As well, whether you're planning to attend or not, be sure to read Ran's course review from several months bach: http://www.golfclubatlas.com/courses-by-country/usa/ballyhack/.

I look forward to hosting folks who can't attend the October Cup, folks who didn't make the field, or Dixie Cuppers who simply want a sneak peek at the best course built in Virginia since The Cascades.

I look forward to hearing from all who are interested in visiting Ballyhack this fall.

WW
« Last Edit: July 16, 2011, 11:35:04 AM by Wade Whitehead »

Jamey Bryan

Re: GCA Outing: Ballyhack, September 16-18
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2011, 08:30:57 PM »
Wade:

I'll be coming up for the Dixie Cup, so I don't want to take an available space from someone who would be otherwise unable to play Ballyhack.

That being said, I would love to come up if I wouldn't be taking the experience away from someone who wouldn't otherwise have the chance to play.  Please put me on the list as a "preferred alternate".

Jamey

Wade Whitehead

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2011, 08:42:56 PM »
Jamey:

I've got you down.  I appreciate your courtesy and will keep you posted.

WW

Bill_McBride

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2011, 08:44:52 PM »
Wade, great of you to offer this opportunity to see Ballyhack.  The attraction of Lester George's Virginia classics is obvious, we sold out the limited spaces in the Dixie Cup in 24 hours!

Wade Whitehead

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2011, 09:26:55 PM »
Thanks, Bill.  Ballyhack is a must play and I'm glad to offer the chance.

WW

Jerry Kluger

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2011, 08:45:36 AM »
Wade: Thanks for the offer - I hope I can swing it and I should know in a couple of days.  Jerry

J Sadowsky

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2011, 09:26:38 AM »
I've got interest but I won't know for a bit whether I can make it work.  When do you need to know by?

Wade Whitehead

« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2011, 04:29:52 PM »
Bill: Super!  I hope you can work it out.

Justin: Simply, I'll have spots until all the spots are taken.  The sooner you can lock in, the better.  I have twelve spots on site.

Thanks for the interest.

WW

Kevin Lynch

« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2011, 09:40:49 PM »
Wade - just sent you a PM with my contact information.  Please add me to the list of interested parties.

Thanks,
Kevin

Brian Ross

« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2011, 09:46:29 PM »
Hmm, a weekend at Ballyhack or VT vs. Arkansas State...sounds like a pretty easy choice to me!

I'm not going to 100% confirm just yet, but I will let you know ASAP
Time is but the stream I go a-fishing in.

http://www.rossgolfarchitects.com

Wade Whitehead

« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2011, 10:39:27 PM »
Two in so far with several waiting to confirm.

WW

Wade Whitehead

« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2011, 07:16:41 PM »
Thanks, gents, for continued contact.  Ballyhack has emerged from winter slumber in perfect condition.  I look forward to continued questions and RSVPs.

WW

JNC Lyon

« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2011, 11:25:11 AM »
Wade,

I am definitely interested, but I am not sure what my schedule will be at that point.  Can you put me down as a "maybe"?
"That's why Oscar can't see that!" - Philip E. "Timmy" Thomas

Wade Whitehead

« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2011, 11:20:47 PM »
JNC: You're officially down as maybe coming.  I'll need to nail down cottage details in a few weeks and will touch base then.

WW

Jerry Kluger

« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2011, 12:03:05 AM »
Put me down as a maybe as well.  Thanks, Jerry

Wade Whitehead

« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2011, 03:28:53 PM »
Confirmation request has been mailed to everyone who RSVPed.  Please let me know if you did not receive that contact.

We appear to have two or three remaining spots.  Anyone interested, please contact wade@wadewhitehead.com.

Thanks very much.

WW

Lester George

« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2011, 03:37:47 PM »
Wade,

No doubt my wife will take me up for the football game unless there is something more compelling.  If she does, maybe I could pop in for a few minutes either on the way up or back. 

Lester

Wade Whitehead

« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2011, 04:55:04 PM »
Lester:

Do it!  We'd love to have you on hand.  And please tell your wife: There's nothing more compelling than watching GCAers carry the ravine on number one.

See you soon.

Wade

Jamey Bryan

« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2011, 09:16:27 PM »
Lester:

I've just sent a confirming email to Wade that I'll be there.  Just wanted you to know that there would be an unlimited supply of Makers Mark available if you drop by!  I'm also hoping to bring an "outsider" along who's son's Father-in-law is a Kinloch member......    Want to show him how versatile/schizophrenic you are.

Jamey

Lester George

« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2011, 02:46:44 PM »
Jamie,

If I come, I'll bring some Makers so you can say we are even.  What do I need, a gallon?  Whts your Kinloch members name?

Lester

Wade Whitehead

« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2011, 04:12:37 PM »
Gents:

Deposits Received:
     Jamey Bryan
     J. Dinos (guest of Jamey Bryan)
     Jerry Kluger
     Kevin Lynch
     Tim Martin
     Justin Sadowsky
     Andy Shulman
     R. Sussman (guest of Jerry Kluger)
     J. Williams (guest of Andy Shulman)

I'm still awaiting deposits from three other RSVPs.  That makes twelve, which is our limit for the outing.  I do have a waiting list, however; to be placed on the waiting list, please contact me (wade@wadewhitehead.com).

Thanks very much.

WW

Ronald Montesano

« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2011, 04:55:17 PM »
There's nothing more compelling than watching GCAers carry the ravine on number one.

If I could hit one drive for the rest of my life, that first hole at Ballyhack would receive mondo-serious consideration.
Coming in 2024
~Elmira Country Club
~Soaring Eagles
~Bonavista
~Indian Hills
~Maybe some more!!

Wade Whitehead

« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2011, 06:06:32 PM »
Ron:

I believe it's the most exciting opening shot in golf.

WW

Jamey Bryan

« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2011, 09:18:12 PM »
I'm really looking forward to this weekend!!

Lester, I missed your question back in April, sorry!  Tom McCandlish is the Kinloch member; his daughter Elaine married my Godson Shep Dinos.  His father John will be joining us for the weekend.  Tom was gracious enough to host the wedding party for a Saturday morning round that weekend (the wedding was in Charlottesville), it was the perfect beginning of a great day (we played the shorter tees and I shot 76 which put me in a very mellow mood!).

Looking forward to seeing everybody!

Jamey

Wade Whitehead

« Reply #24 on: July 16, 2011, 11:34:43 AM »
Gents:

Email was sent today to participants.  Final payment and other instructions are included.

Please let me know what questions you have.

Thanks very much.

WW

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back