News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Eric Strulowitz

Atlanta GCA outing?
« on: March 31, 2011, 05:20:03 PM »
I know there are a lot of Atlanta area GCA members out there.

Is there any interest in an outing or two this year?   We have so many good courses to choose from.

How about Cateechee up in North Georgia?   What a wonderful course, in fact designed by Mike Young who posts here.  BTW, I love his work!

Any other suggestions?   Does someone have a course they could set an outing up?   I am a member of Eagle Watch, an Arnold Palmer layout, I would be happy to sponsor there if there is sufficient interest.

Lets brainstorm this.   An outing would be great and it would be a pleasure to meet some of you!

Mac Plumart

Re: Atlanta GCA outing?
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2011, 05:28:58 PM »
Golf...Atlanta...what...huh...who...where...I'm in!!!

Let me know where y'all want to play and let's do it!!!
Sportsman/Adventure loving golfer.

Bill_McBride

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2011, 06:29:22 PM »
I have been thinking of driving up to Atlanta sometime in mid May for an overnight, hoping to play Riverfront the arrival afternoon and somewhere the next morning before heading home.  I loved Cateechee too but would prefer to stay in Atlanta. 

Paging Bob Crosby and Mike Leveillee.........and look forward to meeting Mac and Eric and whoever else.

Thanks in advance.

Mac Plumart

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2011, 07:44:27 PM »
Bill...

Wait until after the 13th (please) as I'll be in Scotland.  If you have specific courses you'd like to play, let me know. 

Rivermont, St. Ives, East Lake, Golf Club of Georgia, Atlanta Country Club, Piedmont Driving Club, and Druid Hills are easy for me to get us on.

Atlanta Athletic is do-able, but not for a big group. 

Eric Strulowitz

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2011, 08:38:31 PM »
Bill...

Wait until after the 13th (please) as I'll be in Scotland.  If you have specific courses you'd like to play, let me know. 

Rivermont, St. Ives, East Lake, Golf Club of Georgia, Atlanta Country Club, Piedmont Driving Club, and Druid Hills are easy for me to get us on.

Atlanta Athletic is do-able, but not for a big group. 

Mac, those are all great venues for a potential Atlanta outing or outings.

Mac Plumart

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2011, 08:42:08 PM »
Eric...

Catechee is on my "to play list" as well, but it is quite a drive from Atlanta.  And, of the courses I listed...I really think The 'mont might be the "best" golf course...well, Atlanta Country Club is freakin' sweet also.  Perhaps we might start with that one.

« Last Edit: March 31, 2011, 08:44:52 PM by Mac Plumart »

Kenny Baer

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2011, 08:52:23 PM »
Great idea, anyone interested in an Atlanta CC outing let me know!!! Would love to set something up!

Eric Strulowitz

« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2011, 08:58:00 PM »
Eric...

Catechee is on my "to play list" as well, but it is quite a drive from Atlanta.  And, of the courses I listed...I really think The 'mont might be the "best" golf course...well, Atlanta Country Club is freakin' sweet also.  Perhaps we might start with that one.

Yes, Cateechee is a bit of  a drive.  Would make for a nice weekend outing, they have condos right at the course that are quite nice from what I understand.   And not all that far is Clemson University, they have a great course there too.

I have played Rivermont, and that would be a great venue.   Have not played ACC, another great choice.

Sounds great.   And if anyone wants to play at Eagle Watch sometime, just give me a shout.  Be happy to entertain guests at ANY time, just ask!    I am seriously thinking about a GCA outing there in the mid-summer.  They have new greens, redone the cart paths, it should be in magnificant shape.  They have a wonderful kitchen and pro staff, they would take good care of our group.

Eric Strulowitz

« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2011, 08:58:56 PM »
Great idea, anyone interested in an Atlanta CC outing let me know!!! Would love to set something up!

Sounds great.  Count me in!

Kenny Baer

« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2011, 09:00:09 PM »
How about a Saturday in late May? Eric send me a pm. 

Jamey Bryan

« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2011, 09:01:16 PM »
Assuming I can work out scheduling (not really that difficult) I'd like to join in on this.  Since I'm hoping to bring a group down later for some of the other courses (Chris Cupit, I need to talk to you), my preferences would be East Lake and/or Atlanta Country Club.  I like the initiative!

Jamey

Wade Schueneman

« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2011, 09:35:49 PM »
A GCA outing in Atlanta . . . sign me up!

Malcolm Mckinnon

« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2011, 09:44:01 PM »
Though I live in NJ would love to participate if the date works. My business is near Clemson, SC.

Might be able to help with Clemson or also Cherokee CC.

Bill_McBride

« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2011, 10:34:53 PM »
Would a Friday afternoon and Saturday morning in mid May work?  Kenny, I'd love to play Atlanta Country Club, wonder if Chris Cupit can do anything early Saturday a.m.

Chris Cupit

« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2011, 11:47:43 AM »
I am happy to have a group at Rivermont.  We are private so weekends (especially mornings) are tough for a large group but we are closed on Tuesdays and I have the keys!

Seriously, we close on Tuesdays and I believe I have a few Tuesdays in June that might be perfect.  If there is interest I can set this up.  In June we can play from 7:00 AM until 9:00 PM!!

Mike Hendren

« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2011, 12:29:01 PM »
What about North Fulton at Chastain Park.  I recently drove by for the first time and was really intrigued.

Bogey
Two Corinthians walk into a bar ....

Bill_McBride

« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2011, 01:22:38 PM »
I am happy to have a group at Rivermont.  We are private so weekends (especially mornings) are tough for a large group but we are closed on Tuesdays and I have the keys!

Seriously, we close on Tuesdays and I believe I have a few Tuesdays in June that might be perfect.  If there is interest I can set this up.  In June we can play from 7:00 AM until 9:00 PM!!

I'm in for Tuesday afternoon or Wednesday morning.  Sounds great.

Eric Strulowitz

« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2011, 02:11:46 PM »
What about North Fulton at Chastain Park.  I recently drove by for the first time and was really intrigued.

Bogey

That is a city course, it is actually not a bad layout.  Conditions are very much hit and miss.  The last time I played there it was a 5 1/2 hour round, don't think I will be back.

I  heard that many years ago, pros often visited this venue, warming up for the Masters.   Is this ture?

Eric Strulowitz

« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2011, 02:12:48 PM »

That would be wonderful!   Definately interested here, look forward to it!

Mac Plumart

« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2011, 02:18:59 PM »
Can someone take this ball and run with it?  I nominate Eric to be our ringleader and get it all set up. 

Your welcome Eric!!

Wade Schueneman

« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2011, 02:40:12 PM »

Bogey

I grew up playing North Fulton.  If they had the budget to properly finish the greens and bunkers and to maintain that course (and to reduce the almost 80,000 rounds it gets per annum), that course could be awesome!  I love the routing.  If you are ever looking to play with someone out there then give me a call.  It is always good to get back to my old stomping grounds.

Chris Cupit

« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2011, 04:10:37 PM »
Can someone take this ball and run with it?  I nominate Eric to be our ringleader and get it all set up. 

Your welcome Eric!!

Eric,

Since you may have been nominated pm me if you have any interest.  I have some May Tuesdays as well.

Chris Cupit

Eric Strulowitz

« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2011, 04:13:32 PM »

Your welcome Eric!!

I accept and will get something set up!  Sit tight gang, will be back to you within the next week or so with specifics!

Brock Peyer

« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2011, 09:46:34 PM »
I am interested as well.  Keep me posted if you plan anything.

Colin Macqueen

« Reply #24 on: April 02, 2011, 10:04:16 PM »
Gentlemen,

You lot are getting so excited and enthusiastic your acting like the proverbial “......one-eyed cat peeping in a seafood store”. Sounds as though it will be great fun!

Colin
"Golf, thou art a gentle sprite, I owe thee much"
The Hielander

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back