News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

David Harshbarger

Knob Hill GC, Barboursville, WV, NLE
« on: March 22, 2011, 07:04:47 AM »
Does anyone know of anything about this little nine-holer in WV?  This is the course my dad took us to play on, nestled in the bend of the train track.  This course was nothing special, though now that I'm considering put a few holes around my farm I have greater appreciation for the storage shed in play over the green at 1.  The clubhouse was appropriately understated: a concrete floored shack with a hot dog steamer, little coke bottles, and large barrels of X outs and found balls.

http://www.infosports.com/golf/1740575.htm

Looks like the first nine are now houses.  The 6th, a drop shot downhill par 3 is undeveloped.  The last 3, across the street, have some large plots on them.

Nobody would have confused Knob Hill (WV) with Knob Hill (NJ) or even Nob Hill (SF), but the locals thoughtnenough of it to name adjoining streets, St. Andrews Dr, Muirfield Court, and Turnberry Point.  (is that a topic for another, top namesake courses?).

If anyone has info on this little bit of history it would be much appreciated.

Dave
The trouble with modern equipment and distance—and I don't see anyone pointing this out—is that it robs from the player's experience. - Mickey Wright

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back