News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

billb

Southwestern Utah courses
« on: May 10, 2003, 05:57:07 PM »
I used to get to the St. George, Utah area a couple times a year and found it a great place to play golf. A number of different courses, not crowded, and very reasonably priced.

Green Springs - some great canyon views, a few seriously tough holes. One brutal par 4 with tight landing area and a forced carry over a canyon (#6 or #7?)

Dixie Red Hills - 9 hole courses with lots of character! Some holes play through steep redrock canyons, you better hit it straight!

Entrada - a Johnny Miller course. IMHO, way overrated. Carts required, overpriced, mediocre views, numerous poor holes. The lava holes (15,16,17?) were especially goofy.

Sky Mountain - one of my favorite courses on the planet. The views are awesome, a mountain range to the west, the Virgin River canyon to the north, and the rock spires of Zion National Park in the distance to the east. Not a very long course, not a lot a bunkers, but I always find it a challenge to score well.

Anyone else familar with the area? I have not been there for a few years, has anyone been there recently that could give a report? I heard something about a new course north of St. George?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by 1056376800 »

Boo

Re: Southwestern Utah courses
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2003, 11:12:13 AM »
You're probably thinking of Coral Canyon which I'll be palying next month.  ahve heard that the front nine is very good but it loses something on the back.

Any discussion of St. George should include Mesquite, NV which is 30 min towards Las Vegas.  Of course there is Wolf Creek whcih gets a decent amoutn of press.  The palmer course at the Oasis which isn't bad; the Palms Course is a good RTJ I believe and Casablanca by Cal Olsen is nice little course but nothing great.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by 1056376800 »

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back