News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Matthew Sander

Re: 2nd Annual Midwest Mashie - May 21-22nd
« Reply #150 on: May 04, 2011, 01:53:00 PM »
Jud,

George's initial post mentions dinner Saturday night at Lawsonia's clubhouse...

George Freeman

« Reply #151 on: May 04, 2011, 01:56:00 PM »
do we have a dinner reservation anywhere for the group Saturday?

also New Glarus on Tap!:

http://www.gooseblind.com/index.php/Regular-Menu/

Jud - Dinner Sat night is at the Lawsonia clubhouse and is part of the $117 (2 rounds of golf and dinner).  They're throwing together a buffet for us and Dan Moore has been kind enough to offer to do a presentation on the course.  Should be fun.
Mayhugh is my hero!!

"I love creating great golf courses.  I love shaping earth...it's a canvas." - Donald J. Trump

Jud_T

« Reply #152 on: May 04, 2011, 02:00:09 PM »
awesome! guess I read that at some point.  you know getting old and all.  how about the day one losers buy the first round at above for the afterparty?  8)
Golf is a game. We play it. Somewhere along the way we took the fun out of it and charged a premium to be punished.- - Ron Sirak

PCCraig

« Reply #153 on: May 04, 2011, 02:01:26 PM »
do we have a dinner reservation anywhere for the group Saturday?

also New Glarus on Tap!:

http://www.gooseblind.com/index.php/Regular-Menu/

Jud,

Not only on tap, but in pitchers! The Goose Blind is about as close to a late night "scene" in Green Lake as you're going to get.

Lawsonia also sells some nice micro-brews...in particular they have a big selection of Capitol Brewing stuff out of Madison which is pretty good.
H.P.S.

PCCraig

« Reply #154 on: May 04, 2011, 02:04:45 PM »
awesome! guess I read that at some point.  you know getting old and all.  how about the day one losers buy the first round at above for the afterparty?  8)

Beer is my favorite thing to bet... :)
H.P.S.

Criss Titschinger

« Reply #155 on: May 04, 2011, 02:17:44 PM »
Sorry all, but I have to bail. Hurt my wrist last week in Florida playing World Woods Pine Barrens. Went to the range when I got back to Ohio to hit balls and it didn't go very well. Going to lay off the sticks for a few more weeks until it heals.

This makes 2 GCA rounds I've had to cancel recently. Not happy about it.  >:(

Dan Moore

« Reply #156 on: May 04, 2011, 05:04:59 PM »

[/quote]

Jud - Dinner Sat night is at the Lawsonia clubhouse and is part of the $117 (2 rounds of golf and dinner).  They're throwing together a buffet for us and Dan Moore has been kind enough to offer to do a presentation on the course.  Should be fun.
[/quote]

As George noted I will be doing a little video presentation on Langford and Moreau and Lawsonia.  We just learned the clubhouse video projector is unavailable. 

Does anyone have a good quality (1080p if possible) portable video projector they could provide? 
"Is there any other game which produces in the human mind such enviable insanity."  Bernard Darwin

John Mayhugh

« Reply #157 on: May 04, 2011, 09:03:42 PM »
I have one at the office I could bring, but the resolution is not very good.  I'll check it tomorrow & let you know.

Chris Flamion

« Reply #158 on: May 05, 2011, 09:30:30 AM »
Unfortunately it is prom season so all of my projectors are in use.  If one becomes available I will let you know Dan.

Steve Salmen

« Reply #159 on: May 05, 2011, 09:44:47 AM »
I have a 2 queen room booked at the Green Lake Inn if anybody cares to split. 

Also,  please let me know if anyone cares to join for a game Sat around 7am on the Links course.  They have times available for now.

Steve Salmen

« Reply #160 on: May 05, 2011, 09:56:57 AM »
The room is booked,  however, there are two spaces left for golf if anyone is interested.  Please let me know.

Ken Fry

« Reply #161 on: May 05, 2011, 12:26:03 PM »
For anyone wanting to play a tad earlier on Saturday morning, we have room for 1 more player at 6:30 AM.  Drop me a note.

Ken

Bill Seitz

« Reply #162 on: May 05, 2011, 12:53:46 PM »
To any Chicagoans who have been up there, how long is the drive?  Google says 3.5 hours, but they tend to be conservative.  I have to catch a 3:30 flight on Sunday afternoon out of Midway, and I'm wondering if it's worth it to try and play Sunday morning.  I know the alt-shot matches go pretty fast, or at least ours did last year. 

PCCraig

« Reply #163 on: May 05, 2011, 01:50:29 PM »
To any Chicagoans who have been up there, how long is the drive?  Google says 3.5 hours, but they tend to be conservative.  I have to catch a 3:30 flight on Sunday afternoon out of Midway, and I'm wondering if it's worth it to try and play Sunday morning.  I know the alt-shot matches go pretty fast, or at least ours did last year. 

Bill: I've made it from Green Lake to the near Northern Suburbs of Chicago in 2.5 hours before. Assuming you don't stop at all, you could probably make it to Midway in 3 hours. However I would assume it will take you 3.5 hours to make sure you wont be late for your flight as traffic can pop up at any moment near Milwaukee or Chicago.

**Also, note that Highway 23 (which Lawsonia sits on) is apparently closed...see their website for additional information.
H.P.S.

Dan Moore

« Reply #164 on: May 05, 2011, 04:10:20 PM »
I think Pat has the times about right.  I would caution everyone to beware the small towns on Hwy 23 which are notorious speed traps, especially Rosendale. 

Also, I believe the construction on HWY 23 is West of Lawsonia so will not affect anyone coming from Milwaukee or other areas to the East. 
"Is there any other game which produces in the human mind such enviable insanity."  Bernard Darwin

George Freeman

« Reply #165 on: May 05, 2011, 04:30:04 PM »
Prospective tee-times for Saturday (1st round Best Ball):

East / West

#1 - 1:20 PM  Pat Craig & Ken Fry VS Matt Sander & Bryan Sander

#2 - 1:30 PM  Patrick Kiser & Brian Joines VS Andrew Lewis & George Freeman

#3 - 1:40 PM  Chris Shaida & Norm Olson VS Rick Shefchik & Bill Seitz

#4 - 1:50 PM  Mike McGuire & Mark Pearce VS Dan Moore & Mike Collentine

#5 - 2:00 PM  Dan Kelly & Charlie Kelly VS Jon Winick & Ben Kodadek

#6 - 2:10 PM  Morgan Clawson & Chuck Cohen VS Patrick Hodgdon & Mark Smolens

#7 - 2:20 PM  Bill Steele & John Mayhugh VS Jud Tigerman & Bill Watkin

#8 - 2:30 PM  Bill Faley & Brad Tufts VS Andrew Calcutt & Steve Salmen

#9 - 2:40 PM  Stu Naugler & Dick Daley VS Eric Terhorst & Chris Flamion

We can do the tee-times/pairings for Sunday AM on Saturday night at/after dinner.

* Times are approximate except for Group #1

« Last Edit: May 18, 2011, 09:37:25 PM by George Freeman »
Mayhugh is my hero!!

"I love creating great golf courses.  I love shaping earth...it's a canvas." - Donald J. Trump

Andrew Lewis

Re: 2nd Annual Midwest Mashie - May 21-22nd - TEE-TIMES ADDED
« Reply #166 on: May 06, 2011, 08:40:09 AM »
Many thanks again to George for organizing!

If anybody else plans to arrive on Friday evening and is interested in grabbing dinner/drinks, please let me know.

Best, Andrew

Mark Smolens

« Reply #167 on: May 06, 2011, 09:42:53 AM »
Andrew, I was actually thinking of checking in at the office on Friday morning, and then heading up to Green Lake for a late pm round on Friday afternoon. Based upon what I've seen, if I leave by noon I should be there in plenty of time to get 18 in. . . Don't have a tee time, but if there's any interest in playing around 3 I'm willing to give them a call. . . I'm definitely up for dinner/drinks (or is that drinks/dinner?) on Friday.

Jeff Shelman

« Reply #168 on: May 06, 2011, 11:23:56 AM »
I love it. A Dan Kelly-Rick Shefchick battle. Very nice.

Patrick Hodgdon

« Reply #169 on: May 06, 2011, 01:45:06 PM »
I love it. A Dan Kelly-Rick Shefchick battle. Very nice.

Are you out?
Did you know World Woods has the best burger I've ever had in my entire life? I'm planning a trip back just for another one between rounds.

"I would love to be a woman golfer." -JC Jones

Shane Wright

« Reply #170 on: May 06, 2011, 01:59:03 PM »
George,

Many thanks for organizing this event.  I am unfortunately not able to make it now.  I'm sorry for the late notice.

I will jealously be watching the updates, but I just can't swing it this time.

Shane

PCCraig

« Reply #171 on: May 06, 2011, 03:42:02 PM »
I'm sure many have seen it, but in case you haven't or you want a refresher before you get to the Mashie, here is Dan Moore's awesome photo tour and discussion on Lawsonia:

http://www.golfclubatlas.com/forum/index.php/topic,37022.0.html
H.P.S.

George Freeman

« Reply #172 on: May 06, 2011, 04:17:11 PM »
George,

Many thanks for organizing this event.  I am unfortunately not able to make it now.  I'm sorry for the late notice.

I will jealously be watching the updates, but I just can't swing it this time.

Shane

Sorry to hear that Shane
Mayhugh is my hero!!

Andrew Lewis

« Reply #173 on: May 07, 2011, 08:03:24 AM »
Andrew, I was actually thinking of checking in at the office on Friday morning, and then heading up to Green Lake for a late pm round on Friday afternoon. Based upon what I've seen, if I leave by noon I should be there in plenty of time to get 18 in. . . Don't have a tee time, but if there's any interest in playing around 3 I'm willing to give them a call. . . I'm definitely up for dinner/drinks (or is that drinks/dinner?) on Friday.

Mark -

I'd like to play on Friday, but probably won't arrive in Green Lake until 330 or 4pm.  If a 4pm tee time would allow enough daylight, then let's look into it.

And in any case, dinner/drinks or drinks/dinner sounds great!

Best, Andrew

Ben Kodadek

« Reply #174 on: May 08, 2011, 08:43:35 AM »
I'll be in the Milwuakee area on Friday.  If anyone is looking for a game, send me a PM.  I'd love to get out for a round.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back