News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Jeremy Aisenberg

Mission Hills Hainan
« on: October 19, 2010, 09:40:15 PM »
This week I am heading back to Mission Hills amazing new property in Hainan which was nicely profiled in the interview with Brian Curley.  The scale and scope of what Mission Hills is doing with this project is quite simply hard to comprehend.  Our client, Hank Haney, is launching his first academy in Asia next week during the Mission Hills Star Trophy (www.missionhillsstartrophy.com) which we are very excited about.  The commitment that Hank and Mission Hillas are making together to nurture the development of young golfers in Asia will have a lasting impact on the growth of the game in Asia.  Hank will be personally involved in this academy, spending a significant amount of time in Hainan annually, working with students and most importantly, training a great staff of world class teachers.

We have had the pleasure of working with Brian Curley on the design of the academy practice areas.  Brian is a terrific guy with amazing insights into golf course architecture, what golfers (and particularly Chinese golfers) want from their golfing experience and the future of the game in Asia.  The Mission Hills Group is lucky to have him!   Here area few images from my last visit in June.  I will post more pictures upon my return.

« Last Edit: October 19, 2010, 10:29:51 PM by Jeremy Aisenberg »

Ryan Farrow

Re: Mission Hills Hainan
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2010, 10:22:14 AM »
Jeremy, welcome to the board. I'll check in on the Golf Academy tomorrow.  We have had over 50 inches of rain in the past 2 weeks, luckily we are doing pretty well, dodged a bullet as a major typhoon was projected to hit us dead on, now it looks like it may not even rain.

I'll probably run into you next week, should be a great event.

Carl Nichols

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2010, 10:44:33 AM »
We have had over 50 inches of rain in the past 2 weeks

That's incredible!

Jeremy Aisenberg

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2010, 01:42:20 PM »
Jeremy, welcome to the board. I'll check in on the Golf Academy tomorrow.  We have had over 50 inches of rain in the past 2 weeks, luckily we are doing pretty well, dodged a bullet as a major typhoon was projected to hit us dead on, now it looks like it may not even rain.

I'll probably run into you next week, should be a great event.

Ryan,

Looking forward to seeing you over there! I did hear that rain slowed down the finishing work on the facility a little.  How have the short game areas and greens come in? I'm looking forward to getting out on the "throwback course"!!

Jeremy

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back