News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Steve_ Shaffer

2010 Crump Cup- September 12
« on: August 17, 2010, 10:54:52 PM »
Mark your calendar for Sunday, September 12 :

http://www.myphillygolf.com/detail.asp?id=6014&pid=11
« Last Edit: August 23, 2010, 11:35:56 PM by Steve_ Shaffer »
"Some of us worship in churches, some in synagogues, some on golf courses ... "  Adlai Stevenson
Hyman Roth to Michael Corleone: "We're bigger than US Steel."
Ben Hogan “The most important shot in golf is the next one”

john_stiles

Re: 2010 Crump Cup
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2010, 11:20:04 PM »

So,  Crump Cup ends on September 12 ?

And USGA Men's State Team championship begins on Sept 14th in California ?

Steve_ Shaffer

Re: 2010 Crump Cup- September 12
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2010, 11:36:20 PM »
Bump...make your plans
"Some of us worship in churches, some in synagogues, some on golf courses ... "  Adlai Stevenson
Hyman Roth to Michael Corleone: "We're bigger than US Steel."
Ben Hogan “The most important shot in golf is the next one”

Michael Blake

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2010, 09:09:12 AM »
Thanks for posting this Steve.
Just yesterday I was thinking that the Crump Cup date was soon upon us, and wasn't sure the exact Sunday.

JC Jones

Re: 2010 Crump Cup
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2010, 09:12:37 AM »

So,  Crump Cup ends on September 12 ?

And USGA Men's State Team championship begins on Sept 14th in California ?

If only there were a way to travel from Philadelphia to California in about 4 hours.....
I get it, you are mad at the world because you are an adult caddie and few people take you seriously.

Excellent spellers usually lack any vision or common sense.

I know plenty of courses that are in the red, and they are killing it.

TEPaul

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2010, 09:48:31 AM »
September 12 for the Crump Cup?!?!??

Man, that is definitely earlier than they have scheduled it in a long time. I wonder why; they must be trying to avoid a schedule conflict with something like the US Mid Amateur which has long been a concern of the Crump Cup, I believe.

Michael Blake

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2010, 10:03:10 AM »
Tom,

That IS early.  I always assumed it was the final Sunday in September.  But I remember it being the first Sunday in October pretty recently too.

TEPaul

« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2010, 10:08:07 AM »
Michael:

I remember it moving around from the 3rd week to the 4th week in September and occassionally into the first week of October but I have never seen it moved to before the middle of September.

They're obviously just trying to avoid a schedule conflict with the USGA Middle Amateur which is Sept 25-30. They've very rarely scheduled where they conflict with that tournament since so many of their field play in it. Personally, I think they should get behind it rather than if front of it because I've seen players over the years not compete in the Crump or even pull out of it because they don't want to be tired going into the US Middle Amateur Championship.

In that vein, one time I got completely pummelled by Sigel in the first round of the Crump Cup and on the walk back to the clubhouse he actually conceded the match to me because he said he wanted to rest up for the US Middle Amateur. Technically, within the Rules of Golf, you can't concede a match after it's over but they let him do it anyway even though it did create a bit of a flap at the time.

I actually played on the next day, so I guess technically it was a very rare occurence in golf----eg a match I both lost and then technically won, which is doubly ironic because he beat me worse than I was ever beaten before or since---something like 7 and 6!   ;) ???

You know, thinking back on it, it happened in my very first Crump Cup. I remember because I was in the diningroom when the draw was posted and some of my friends came in and just started laughing at me. When I asked them what was so funny, one said; "You have a good match tomorrow and you should just fly threw it." When I asked who it was one said: "Jay Sigel" and they all started laughing at me again.  ;)
« Last Edit: August 24, 2010, 10:25:31 AM by TEPaul »

Mark McKeever

« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2010, 10:20:07 AM »
Calendar is marked.  I was just discussing this with Joe Bausch yesterday that the date should be coming up soon.  Thanks for the heads up. 

Mark
Best MGA showers - Bayonne

"Dude, he's a total d***"

Dan Herrmann

« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2010, 12:40:16 PM »
The Eagles game isn't till 4:15, so you have plenty of time to go to the Crump Cup and watch the Birds lose to the Packers.  ;)

(Have pity on me, for I am a Buffalo Bills fan)

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back