News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Ulrich Mayring

Whaupshank
« on: August 12, 2010, 03:08:08 PM »
I hate it!

First off, what club to use off the tee? Too much and you're through the fairway in the rough - dead. Too little and you're dead after the second shot. Now, if you do accidentally hit the fairway, you're sure to end up with an awkward sidehill/downhill lie and you wish you had hit it through the fairway into the rough. At least then it's clear that all you can do is hack it out. But lay up from the fairway? No, that can't be right. So, the second shot goes towards a miniscule target with large dunes full of nasty rough left and right. Obviously, you need to start the ball right at one of the dunes, depending on the direction of the day's crosswind. But it's always a crosswind. So you're aiming for heavy rough, probably hit a tentative shot and then the wind grabs it. In case you actually find your ball, the green's false front will probably cost you another shot.

Well, I'm done, thanks for listening. Any clever tips such as "hit three mid-irons" or perhaps "get a swing"? :)

Ulrich
Golf Course Exposé (300+ courses reviewed), Golf CV (how I keep track of 'em)

Dan Herrmann

Re: Whaupshank
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2010, 03:24:00 PM »
Take up tennis?  :)

Charlie Goerges

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2010, 03:35:36 PM »
I'm assuming Whaupshank is a type of shot. In which case, tennis may be of no aid whatsoever.
Severally on the occasion of everything that thou doest, pause and ask thyself, if death is a dreadful thing because it deprives thee of this. - Marcus Aurelius

Ulrich Mayring

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2010, 05:40:42 PM »
It is not a shot, it is a hole. But it is desperate.

Ulrich
Golf Course Exposé (300+ courses reviewed), Golf CV (how I keep track of 'em)

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back