News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Mark McKeever

Re: Schuylkill CC (1921 Ross w/ some W Park, Jr): a photo tour (all holes up!)
« Reply #50 on: September 04, 2012, 10:48:11 AM »
Good news!  Ron Prichard was out late last week to review some upcoming changes to 9 and 13 greens to reclaim pinnable areas.  Also, there is plans to take down a large number of pine trees through the fall and into winter.   ;D 

Stay tuned.....

Mark
Best MGA showers - Bayonne

"Dude, he's a total d***"

Dan Herrmann

« Reply #51 on: September 04, 2012, 11:01:34 AM »
Sweet!

Jim Sherma

« Reply #52 on: September 04, 2012, 11:29:18 AM »
Good news!  Ron Prichard was out late last week to review some upcoming changes to 9 and 13 greens to reclaim pinnable areas.  Also, there is plans to take down a large number of pine trees through the fall and into winter.   ;D 

Stay tuned.....

Mark

Are there any pinnable areas on 9 or 13? In all the times I've played there I don't believe I have yet to stay on either of those greens with my approaches. Great course and looking forward to seeing it continue to improve.

Mark - I'm planning on coming up for a road trip in the next month or so, what is the aeration schedule?

Mark McKeever

« Reply #53 on: September 04, 2012, 11:32:29 AM »
Jim,

We are punching the greens on the 10th.  Give them a few weeks to heal up but otherwise the course has been in fantastic shape all year.  Maybe a fall playday at Schuylkill is in order if anyone else is interested?

Mark

PCCraig

« Reply #54 on: September 04, 2012, 11:56:19 AM »

Stay tuned.....

Mark

Mark,

Schuylkill looks like a really neat golf course. (This is the first I've seen of this thread). It looks like a lot of fun to play.

When you have a chance, can you walk us through Prichard's involvement and work with the club? When did he start? How many bunkers have been completed? (They only looked 60-70% done in Joe's pictures). How many trees have been cleared?
H.P.S.

Mark McKeever

« Reply #55 on: September 04, 2012, 01:19:10 PM »
Ron has been consulting for the club for about 10 years now.  Most of the bunkering has been redone with the exception of 3 or 4 holes which are in the plans for the coming years.   This year, we have taken probably about 50 trees out, but the plan is for many many more to come out during the next year. 

We need Slonis out here to scare them like he does at Tavistock!  :)

Mark

Jim Sherma

« Reply #56 on: September 04, 2012, 02:45:44 PM »
Jim,

We are punching the greens on the 10th.  Give them a few weeks to heal up but otherwise the course has been in fantastic shape all year.  Maybe a fall playday at Schuylkill is in order if anyone else is interested?

Mark

I'd be up for that. I've been trying to get a couple of guys from Hershey to drive up with me but just haven't gotten it together yet. My schedule clears up after the 16th and would love a reason to burn a vacation day and head up.

Jim

Robert Emmons

« Reply #57 on: September 04, 2012, 03:39:32 PM »
Mark,

course looks very interesting...might have to hit you up late fall...all the best, Rob

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back