News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Brett_Morrissy

Harding Park
« on: May 21, 2010, 03:06:52 AM »
I have a very early morning window to play in SF in between flights - on July 9.

As a single, would it be easy to get onto first or second tee time at Harding Park on a Friday morning?

Thanks,
Brett
@theflatsticker

David_Tepper

Re: Harding Park
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2010, 09:02:19 AM »
Brett -

I live in SF and play Harding once or twice a month. Assuming you get to Harding by 6:30am, I think the chances are good you could get out in the first 2 or 3 groups, but that is not a guarantee. I believe you can book a tee time in advance as a single golfer. You should check the course's website or give them a call to see if it can be done.

I enjoy playing Harding but will admit it is over-priced for a golfer visiting from out of town or the Bay Area.

The bad news/good news is that, if you are running late and need to leave the course before you have finished your round, the 15th & 16th holes are very close to the parking lot.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

DT

JLahrman

Re: Harding Park
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2010, 01:49:44 PM »
I second everything David says...perhaps the idea of the high greens fees for non-residents is to increase the likelihood that a city municipal course is used primarily by people that live in the city, especially given the large population and lack of courses in the city.  But the difference in resident vs. non-resident rates is quite striking.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back