News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Bob_Huntley

More Press on The Shore at MPCC
« on: February 17, 2010, 02:03:25 PM »
The local paper has several golf articles in the Sports section that  you may find of interest.

www.montereyherald.com

Bob

JMEvensky

Re: More Press on The Shore at MPCC
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2010, 03:26:55 PM »
Just curious.Would you guess the membership is glad they decided to host?

John Mayhugh

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2010, 03:05:26 PM »
An additional article on the tournament.  Would love to see them alternate between the Shore & Dunes, but people flow on the front might be an issue.
http://www.golf.com/golf/tours_news/article/0,28136,1964326,00.html?cid=feed-tours_news-20100216-1964326

PCCraig

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2010, 03:13:25 PM »
Cink's tweet is high praise indeed!

"Monterey is a great course, better then PB."
H.P.S.

Kevin Pallier

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2010, 09:44:15 PM »
"According to Nutt, a member of MPCC, the 2009 agreement had seven criteria that would be used to measure the success of the Shore Course's return. Among some of those criteria are membership satisfaction, the enhanced image of MPCC and the environmental impact of having the tournament on the course. " per the report in the Herald

Bob

Are you aware of the 'other' criteria ?

Bob_Huntley

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2010, 11:20:07 PM »
Kevin,

Whatever you read about the neccessity for Member Input about a return visit by the PGA Tour to MPCC just ignore it. I would place a bet at 500 to 1 that it will be back in spades. It was a great success and the contestants were happy to be away from Poppy Hills, which in itself is a shame, because the Northern California Golf Association needed the funds from the A.T. & T. to fund their Junior Programs, run most succesfully by our own John Van der Bought.

I would add that the I think the membership will vote overwhelmingly in favor of a return. Club Management did a magnificent job in taking care of its members interests in having such strict security, that even the PGA Tour members had to be shuttled to the course and not allocated parking spaces.

Down the road I can see the Dunes course being sand-capped and the tournament held by each course every other year.

Bob

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back