News:

Welcome to the Golf Club Atlas Discussion Group!

Please note, each user is approved by the Golf Club Atlas editorial staff. For any new inquiries, please contact us and we will be in contact.

Scott Szabo

One Divot at a Time
« on: December 30, 2009, 06:38:45 PM »
Just got done reading my copy of Jim Colton's new book.  It is quite a good read with lots of great details of some of his pursuits. He even drags poor ole Doak into the mix.

Well done Jim!
"So your man hit it into a fairway bunker, hit the wrong side of the green, and couldn't hit a hybrid off a sidehill lie to take advantage of his length? We apologize for testing him so thoroughly." - Tom Doak, 6/29/10

Jim Colton

Re: One Divot at a Time
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2009, 08:24:36 PM »
Just got done reading my copy of Jim Colton's new book.  It is quite a good read with lots of great details of some of his pursuits. He even drags poor ole Doak into the mix.

Well done Jim!

Thanks Scott. Glad you enjoyed it.

Jason Hines

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2009, 09:44:03 PM »
Scott, Jim,
I am half way through the book and am enjoying it as I look out at 15” of snow.  Jim, my wife asks me the other night while I had such a funny look on my face, and I told her, “This book is about me.”
J.

David_Tepper

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2009, 10:11:02 PM »
I don't see anything wrong with a little commercial enterprise:

http://www.amazon.com/One-Divot-Time-Full-Fledged-Addict/dp/1448697298/ref=ntt_at_ep_dpt_1

JC Jones

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2009, 10:11:48 PM »
Does it say anywhere in the book that Michigan State owns Illinois in basketball?
I get it, you are mad at the world because you are an adult caddie and few people take you seriously.

Excellent spellers usually lack any vision or common sense.

I know plenty of courses that are in the red, and they are killing it.

Jim Colton

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2009, 10:28:55 PM »
JC,

Mich St is the furthest thing from my mind...more worried about Northwestern right now.

David, thanks for the link. I'd encourage people to use the GCA Pay it Forward link instead though:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/1448697298?ie=UTF8&tag=gcapif-20

Jason, thanks for your very kind words.  It's so much better than the, "Well, it's not total crap" I got from Kyle Henderson.

Bill_McBride

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2009, 11:02:18 PM »
Just ordered (off the paying forward Amazon site), looking forward to reading it.

K. Krahenbuhl

« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2009, 11:15:09 PM »
Mich St is the furthest thing from my mind...more worried about Northwestern right now.

Never in doubt  :P

Kyle Henderson

« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2009, 01:49:11 AM »
JC,

David, thanks for the link. I'd encourage people to use the GCA Pay it Forward link instead though:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/1448697298?ie=UTF8&tag=gcapif-20

Jason, thanks for your very kind words.  It's so much better than the, "Well, it's not total crap" I got from Kyle Henderson.

To clarify, the passage in which Jim acknowledges my physical superiority during the Ballynizzle gathering comprises the non-fecal portion of the book, although he does understate the disparity.
"I always knew terrorists hated us for our freedom. Now they love us for our bondage." -- Stephen T. Colbert discusses the popularity of '50 Shades of Grey' at Gitmo

Jeff Tang

« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2010, 11:05:43 AM »
As the antagonist throughout most of the book I must say I still enjoyed the book a bunch. It was good reading about the adventures of Jim and some of our fellow GCA'ers. Good job!

So bad it's good!

Jim Colton

« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2010, 10:46:03 PM »
Just wondering if anybody has tried ordering through Barnes and Noble and whether they received it. Please let me know if you've experienced any abnormal delays.

Jim

JC Jones

« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2010, 10:47:32 PM »
Just wondering if anybody has tried ordering through Barnes and Noble and whether they received it. Please let me know if you've experienced any abnormal delays.

Jim

Have you sent your copy to Alex Legion yet?
I get it, you are mad at the world because you are an adult caddie and few people take you seriously.

Excellent spellers usually lack any vision or common sense.

I know plenty of courses that are in the red, and they are killing it.

Tony Weiler

« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2010, 11:20:06 PM »

Jim

Jim, I got mine through Amazon (pay it forward link), just started it.  Sorry, no B and N experience. 

Tim Bert

« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2010, 11:27:03 PM »
Jim -

I'll admit I started reading it but I have stalled.  Not because of the lack of quality, but because of another pressing priority.  I don't feel so bad about it since my addiction to "The Wire" is really all your fault.

Ron Csigo

« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2010, 10:08:17 AM »
Jim,

I placed my order today for One Divot at a Time.  After all the positive feedback, looking forward to reading it.
Playing and Admiring the Great Golf Courses of the World.

Scott Szabo

« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2010, 11:11:11 AM »
The stories are great, and I'd imagine that more will be written with each passing year.  Be careful if you ever join Jim on the golf course, as you could be the brunt of a future story or two!  Jim should have a disclaimer that is given to every golfer he plays with  ;D
"So your man hit it into a fairway bunker, hit the wrong side of the green, and couldn't hit a hybrid off a sidehill lie to take advantage of his length? We apologize for testing him so thoroughly." - Tom Doak, 6/29/10

Jim Colton

« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2010, 12:02:48 PM »
The stories are great, and I'd imagine that more will be written with each passing year.  Be careful if you ever join Jim on the golf course, as you could be the brunt of a future story or two!  Jim should have a disclaimer that is given to every golfer he plays with  ;D

Scott, usually the pros (golf at Ballyneal) outweigh the cons (golf with me). Unless, you're Jim "Whipping Boy" Tang, who is regretting the day his brother ever crossed paths with me. I'm sure he's not the only one.

Tim, have you made it season 4 yet?  It's all in the game.

By the way, I will go ahead and donate ALL royalties from my book sales to the GCA Pay It Forward fund for this year. That brings the current total up to around $300.  Click on that amazon link!
« Last Edit: January 04, 2010, 12:07:29 PM by Jim Colton »

Ron Csigo

« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2010, 12:10:43 PM »
The stories are great, and I'd imagine that more will be written with each passing year.  Be careful if you ever join Jim on the golf course, as you could be the brunt of a future story or two!  Jim should have a disclaimer that is given to every golfer he plays with  ;D

Great!  Is there a passage in the book about a husky, golf nerd that gave him a ride back to Denver airport? ;)
Playing and Admiring the Great Golf Courses of the World.

Scott Szabo

« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2010, 12:19:02 PM »
Ron,

Not that I recall.  He may be saving that for Volume II!

All joking aside Jim, your offer regarding the GCA Pay It Forward is incredible.  Speaks volumes about the kind of person you are.

Jim Colton

« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2010, 12:24:36 PM »
Ron,

Not that I recall.  He may be saving that for Volume II!

All joking aside Jim, your offer regarding the GCA Pay It Forward is incredible.  Speaks volumes about the kind of person you are.

Scott,

I'm pretty much just a golf-obsessed idiot. Lots of folks here can attest to that.

Jim Tang

« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2010, 11:43:07 PM »
Colton -

"Golf-obsessed idiot" is perhaps too kind of a phrase to describe yourself.  There are various other, more colorful phrases I could post, but this is a public forum.

Signed,

Jim "Whipping Boy" Tang a.k.a. Jimbo

Tim Bert

« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2010, 11:49:46 PM »

Tim, have you made it season 4 yet?  It's all in the game.

My Season 4 was opened to reveal a disc 1, disc 2, disc 3, and disc 3...  doh, not a typo!  Factory sealed and they packed in two of the same disc.  The exchange is taking place via mail and then I'll begin the quest of Season 4.  No way it can top Season 3 for me.

Kyle Henderson

« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2010, 02:17:02 AM »
Colton -

"Golf-obsessed idiot" is perhaps too kind of a phrase to describe yourself.  There are various other, more colorful phrases I could post, but this is a public forum.

Signed,

Jim "Whipping Boy" Tang a.k.a. Jimbo

Agreed. Remove the "golf obsessed" portion. ;)
"I always knew terrorists hated us for our freedom. Now they love us for our bondage." -- Stephen T. Colbert discusses the popularity of '50 Shades of Grey' at Gitmo

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back