News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

dsilk

question on Orlando golf???
« on: November 30, 2009, 08:14:01 PM »
my apologies if this topic has been beat to death- i searched it and found an old thread but this is a bit more of a current event-
A group of us are heading to Orlando next week- 3 days- planning on sugarloaf Mtn day 1, Mtn Lake day 2 and either a repeat of Mtn Lake on day 3 or a round at Southern Dunes before heading back to the northeast...
My question is this... is Sugarloaf's conditions still so iffy as to skip it? and would ML be worth a replay or should we go ahead and hit So Dunes. 2 of the 4some are pretty tuned in to Raynor so ML will be a good experience- Im just trying to gauge whether So Dunes is a better option... for that matter, if Sugarloaf is banged up. maybe we skip it all together??

thoughts??

Mike Sweeney

Re: question on Orlando golf???
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2009, 08:51:00 PM »
A classic example of apples and oranges. There is NO PLACE in Florida better than Mountain Lake for a three day golf retreat. Assuming money is not part of the equation, you stay and play at ML. You drive in, park your car, golf eat sleep, golf eat sleep....

If you have some ADD types, you can always shoot up to Southern Dunes for one round to break it up. Sugarloaf would be on the border of too far at this time of year.

Sugarloaf, Southern Dunes, ML and WW Pine Barrens are all in the mix for best courses west of Orlando, but only one is in the equation for best golf retreat.

Just got an email from "The Black Hand" who is at ML now, and all is well.

John_Conley

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2009, 01:11:04 AM »
Dave, I have not heard about the conditions at Sugarloaf for a few weeks, but last I was told they were pretty good.  It was very nice this summer.  I know the area well.  Let me know if you need help.  JOHN

Mike Erdmann

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2009, 04:09:14 AM »
I enjoy Southern Dunes, but not enough to skip an additional round at Mountain Lake.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back