News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Ally Mcintosh

Photograph of Tom Doak?
« on: November 25, 2009, 07:32:01 AM »
Anyone got an original photograph of Tom Doak that they wouldn't mind giving away for publication?... There'll be no reference on the photo and nothing in it for you I'm afraid...

Ideally one in Ireland / on an Irish links... But that's probably asking for too much...

So anything at all is welcome...

You can send to / contact me for more details on ally.mcintosh@gmail.com

Thanks a mill... Hope I'm not breaking some unwritten rule here?
Ally

Ronald Montesano

Re: Photograph of Tom Doak?
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2009, 07:37:33 AM »
Just curious, why didn't you message the man himself?  He seems like an accommodating sort.
Coming in 2024
~Elmira Country Club
~Soaring Eagles
~Bonavista
~Indian Hills
~Maybe some more!!

Steve_ Shaffer

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2009, 08:18:46 AM »
Try these, both frpm Old MacDonald at Bandon:

"Some of us worship in churches, some in synagogues, some on golf courses ... "  Adlai Stevenson
Hyman Roth to Michael Corleone: "We're bigger than US Steel."
Ben Hogan “The most important shot in golf is the next one”

Ally Mcintosh

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2009, 08:30:04 AM »
Ronald,

I have dropped a mail to Tom... But I need something quite quickly and in the event that he doesn't have time, I'm asking here...

Steve, thanks - perfect... Are both those photographs your originals that you are willing to part with?... I don't want to be infringing any copyright...

Ally

Ronald Montesano

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2009, 08:44:20 AM »
I understand, Ally.  The reason I brought it up is, you can see the credit for photo one in the lower right corner...my guess is that they are not Steve's and that he just grabbed and sent, exactly the potential infringement you sought to avoid.
Coming in 2024
~Elmira Country Club
~Soaring Eagles
~Bonavista
~Indian Hills
~Maybe some more!!

Ally Mcintosh

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2009, 08:45:48 AM »
Thanks Ronald - I noticed that too... The second looks more hopeful but I'll need confirmation...

Jay Flemma

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2009, 08:50:55 AM »
Those are great photos, but I don't understand...where are the rest of the San Diego Chargers?
Mackenzie, MacRayBanks, Maxwell, Doak, Dye, Strantz. @JayGolfUSA, GNN Radio Host of Jay's Plays www.cybergolf.com/writerscorner

Mike Hendren

« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2009, 08:59:27 AM »
I just got off the phone with my boy Tim Bert and he was lined up outside of Wal-Mart waiting to get the first photograph blown up to life-size to hang in his bedroom.

Two Corinthians walk into a bar ....

Mike Hendren

« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2009, 09:00:50 AM »
You'd think Tom would know that it is customary to have a big stogie dangling from your lips in these publicity photographs.  A little help from the photo-shoppers, please.

Two Corinthians walk into a bar ....

JC Jones

« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2009, 09:03:00 AM »
We need a Tom Doak "Fat Head" wall graphic.  That way all of us "butt boys" can have a giant Tom Doak head on our walls.  I put Jim Colton in charge.
I get it, you are mad at the world because you are an adult caddie and few people take you seriously.

Excellent spellers usually lack any vision or common sense.

I know plenty of courses that are in the red, and they are killing it.

Ronald Montesano

« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2009, 09:16:00 AM »
a right-click on photo number two revealed "wsj" in the source...my guess is Wall Street Journal and strike two (for us baseball fans.)
Coming in 2024
~Elmira Country Club
~Soaring Eagles
~Bonavista
~Indian Hills
~Maybe some more!!

Kye Goalby

« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2009, 09:48:40 AM »
Not fitting for the needs  requested, but here is an early photo of Tom and one of his "herd".     (Lousy image quality as  its from the pre-digital era and a bad scan of a photo.) 

Jay Flemma

« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2009, 10:26:22 AM »
I just got off the phone with my boy Tim Bert and he was lined up outside of Wal-Mart waiting to get the first photograph blown up to life-size to hang in his bedroom.

We outta call those guys that make the "fathead" line of room decorations  and have them do one of Tom:):)
Mackenzie, MacRayBanks, Maxwell, Doak, Dye, Strantz. @JayGolfUSA, GNN Radio Host of Jay's Plays www.cybergolf.com/writerscorner

Tony Ristola

« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2009, 02:50:45 PM »
Not fitting for the needs  requested, but here is an early photo of Tom and one of his "herd".     (Lousy image quality as  its from the pre-digital era and a bad scan of a photo.) 

ROTFLMAO.
That's priceless.

Mike Benham

« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2009, 03:28:40 PM »

WARNING:  Objects in photos are closer then they appear.

"... and I liked the guy ..."

Bill_McBride

« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2009, 04:09:12 PM »
Not fitting for the needs  requested, but here is an early photo of Tom and one of his "herd".     (Lousy image quality as  its from the pre-digital era and a bad scan of a photo.)  

ROTFLMAO.
That's priceless.

Which one is Tom?

EDIT:  Whoops, posted that after only seeing that photo on my iPhone in micro scale, thought it was two golfers!  Honest!  ;D
« Last Edit: November 25, 2009, 07:40:10 PM by Bill_McBride »

Steve Lang

« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2009, 05:32:25 PM »

... you sure this isn't Urbina with a mask on?
Inverness (Toledo, OH) cathedral clock inscription: "God measures men by what they are. Not what they in wealth possess.  That vibrant message chimes afar.
The voice of Inverness"

Jay Flemma

« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2009, 06:04:11 PM »

... you sure this isn't Urbina with a mask on?

CAPTION:  "Fine!  I'll run Ladanian Tomlinson more.  But be patient...we can't play the Raiders every week..." ;D

Joe Bentham

« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2009, 06:47:21 PM »

Where is this?  Looks a lot like 16 at Old Mac if you squint...

Ron Farris

« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2009, 07:01:47 PM »
I am searching for a picture of Tom from the Long Cove days.
It shows him with a damn Yankee cap on his long hair.
Of course hair length is relative.

Tom_Doak

« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2009, 07:28:08 PM »
Ron:

I'll pay you not to post that picture.  Thanks.

Daryl "Turboe" Boe

« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2009, 07:39:42 PM »

We outta call those guys that make the "fathead" line of room decorations  and have them do one of Tom:):)

Just go to Fathead.com  you can now get a Fathead made of any photo you have.  you want a Fathead of your kid in his little league outfit, no problem.  You want a Fathead of Tom Doak, I assume its no problem as long as the photo isnt copyrighted and Tom consents.
Instagram: @thequestfor3000

"Time spent playing golf is not deducted from ones lifespan."

"We sleep safely in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

Tim Bert

« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2009, 08:27:37 PM »

Mike - I got a spare so you could put one in your closet since we all know you are part of the Secret Order of the Closet Butt-Boys.

PS - there's no way my wife would allow that in the bedroom so I think I will just take mine to the office.

Mike_Young

« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2009, 08:32:48 PM »
« Last Edit: November 25, 2009, 09:15:33 PM by Mike_Young »
"just standing on a corner in Winslow Arizona"

Ryan Farrow

« Reply #24 on: November 26, 2009, 07:58:44 AM »
This thread is weird.

I hope I do not reach Golf Club Atlas stardom. You guys would make me leave the golf business forever.

I'm sorry but someone had to say it. Happy Thanksgiving!

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back