News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

John Foley

Get to Pinehurst to play #2 this winter
« on: November 06, 2009, 08:59:29 AM »
Last year between Thanksgiving and Christmas I played Pinehurst #2 for a great deal.

This year it's even better.

$222 for a round on #2, accomodations and breakfast.

Last year we caught a fantastic day, sunny 65 degrees. Weather could be a crap shoot, but you'll never find a better deal than this.
Integrity in the moment of choice

CJ Carder

Re: Get to Pinehurst to play #2 this winter
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2009, 12:45:21 PM »
Sandhills Golf is also having a deal this winter... between 12/1 and 1/31, you can play Tobacco Road, Mid Pines, AND Pine Needles for $259 including two nights lodging!

PCCraig

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2009, 12:52:40 PM »
Both are great deals.

But weather really is a crapshoot. I've seen 3" of snow in March, not sure what would be in store for December on average.
H.P.S.

Niall Hay

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2009, 05:10:12 PM »
Other than # 2 what are the best courses in the Pinehurst area? Both for architecture and enjoyment?

Is there a top 5-10 of standards? # 2, Forest Creek (North), Southern Pines, CCNC (Dogwood), Mid Pines? What is the real order?

What are the “must plays”?

Will Spivey

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2009, 09:20:40 PM »
I have taken advantage of this in the past, and it's a great deal.  However, I believe it works best for "quasi-locals," who can check the weather forecast a couple of days in advance, then plan to go. 

With my job (partner in an ad agency), I don't often have down time during the week.  But over the winter months, if I see a day open a few days out, I always check the forecast, and if I'm free and the weather's nice I'll book one of the one night stays.  (I live about 1.5 hours from Pinehurst).  One of the joys of living in NC is the occasional Dec./Jan day in the 60's... Of course today in the mid-70's wasn't too bad either!

Mac Plumart

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2009, 09:22:50 PM »
FYI...

here is a great link for some information on the courses in the area...

http://sandhillsinsider.com/golf.html

Sportsman/Adventure loving golfer.

Jaeger Kovich

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2009, 09:37:42 PM »
I'm playing #2 tomorrow. Got in around 1 from Kiawah Island and walked the course this afternoon. Got a pretty good deal, I think they call it the Evergreen package. It included breakfast and dinner. Course looked great, greens dont seem quite as pure as Kiawah, but it was the end of the day. Very excited about tomorrow!

Pete Garvey

« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2009, 11:59:39 AM »
Hearing rumors that #2 is scheduled for some work soon.  Anyone know particulars and will this close the course?

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back