News:

Welcome to the Golf Club Atlas Discussion Group!

Please note, each user is approved by the Golf Club Atlas editorial staff. For any new inquiries, please contact us and we will be in contact.

James Boon

Re: BUDA CUP VIII @ Pennard 2010 : I Am Impressed!
« Reply #75 on: November 13, 2009, 09:24:41 AM »
Sean,

If Clyne is just down the road from Pennard then the morning round there would be possible, but I imagine it would be tight. It also puts pressure on you from an organisational perspective with regards to everyone rushing from one place to another and do you adjust peoples tee off times at Pennard that afternoon to take account for this etc.

If people are still keen to play Clyne, could we play foursomes to speed things up or are we just going to get stuck behind the locals who could be playing Saturday morning fourballs?

Cheers,

James
2023 Highlights: Hollinwell, Brora, Parkstone, Cavendish, Hallamshire, Sandmoor, Moortown, Elie, Crail, St Andrews (Himalayas & Eden), Chantilly, M, Hardelot Les Pins

"It celebrates the unadulterated pleasure of being in a dialogue with nature while knocking a ball round on foot." Richard Pennell

Sean_A

« Reply #76 on: November 13, 2009, 09:40:11 AM »
Sean,

If Clyne is just down the road from Pennard then the morning round there would be possible, but I imagine it would be tight. It also puts pressure on you from an organisational perspective with regards to everyone rushing from one place to another and do you adjust peoples tee off times at Pennard that afternoon to take account for this etc.

If people are still keen to play Clyne, could we play foursomes to speed things up or are we just going to get stuck behind the locals who could be playing Saturday morning fourballs?

Cheers,

James

James

I am not going to Captain either team so the logistics of who plays when won't be up to me.  That said, I would think the Clyners should probably go out as 2 RoW and 2 USA in each 4ball to better facilitate the Buda matches.  I would think the Captains can organize the first days matches in advance to make matters a bit easier for the Clyners. 

In any case, the Clyners would have 5 hours to do their business and get to the 1st tee at Pennard.  Pennard has a spike bar and we can probably order sandwiches to go for the Clyners - that way they don't have to bother taking off their boots after the AM game!

Ciao

New plays planned for 2024: Nothing

James Boon

« Reply #77 on: November 13, 2009, 09:52:01 AM »
Thanks Sean,

As I'm new to this whole Buda business, I wasn't sure who did all the organising, and was just trying to make sure there wasn't too much pressure on you to herd us cats   ::)

Cheers,

James
2023 Highlights: Hollinwell, Brora, Parkstone, Cavendish, Hallamshire, Sandmoor, Moortown, Elie, Crail, St Andrews (Himalayas & Eden), Chantilly, M, Hardelot Les Pins

"It celebrates the unadulterated pleasure of being in a dialogue with nature while knocking a ball round on foot." Richard Pennell

Scott Warren

« Reply #78 on: November 13, 2009, 12:40:20 PM »
James,

One must know one's places.

I vote you for captain ;)

Sean,

I remain mad keen.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2010, 04:08:39 PM by Scott Warren »

Mark Pearce

« Reply #79 on: November 13, 2009, 01:01:01 PM »
Sean,

I didn't say, but Conrad and I will both play 36 at Porthcawl.

Mark
In June I will be riding the first three stages of this year's Tour de France route for charity.  630km (394 miles) in three days, with 7800m (25,600 feet) of climbing for the William Wates Memorial Trust (https://rideleloop.org/the-charity/) which supports underprivileged young people.

Tony_Muldoon

Re: BUDA CUP VIII @ Pennard 2010: I Am Nearly Ready to Pull the Trigger
« Reply #80 on: November 13, 2009, 01:58:01 PM »

If folks could indicate the following I would appreciate it:

- 18 or 36 on Friday?  36.
- Dormie House on Thursday?  No. 
- Clyne on am Saturday? Yes.

Thanks, Tony

PS to be clear I have changed my mind and an opting out of the Dormie house. 
I will stay the night with the brother and if necesary kidnap him for the Buda.  If all the spots are taken then he can be my unpaid caddy/slave.  PS he doesn't seem to log on much lately so I'm probably safe in posting this. ;)
Let's make GCA grate again!

Sean_A

Re: BUDA CUP VIII @ Pennard 2010 : Dormie House Booked for 16th
« Reply #81 on: November 16, 2009, 06:15:40 AM »
Below is the email received from Porthcawl.  We have a slight problem with the dormie house as more people wanted singles than are available.  I think I have the right people sorted.  Unless some objects pronto, I will assume all are happy with the arrangements.  I leave it to you folks to organize your own breakfast times etc.

I am pleased to confirm that we have all 12 beds free in the dormy house on Thurs 16th Sept 2010. The dormy house consists of 6 single rooms and 3 twin rooms.

The charges are as follows: -

Single room - £45
Twin room, shared - £40 per person
Twin room single occupancy - £55

All rates include B&B, breakfast is served in the clubhouse from 8am, although we can make this a bit earlier if required.

Ciao
« Last Edit: November 16, 2009, 05:13:47 PM by Sean Arble »

Stan Dodd

« Reply #82 on: November 16, 2009, 09:40:46 AM »
Sean,
I am in for the whole ball of wax.  I don't mind sharing a room if Lou needs a single.

Sean_A

« Reply #83 on: November 16, 2009, 05:12:33 PM »
Sean,
I am in for the whole ball of wax.  I don't mind sharing a room if Lou needs a single.

Stan

That was very kind of you.  I have duly adjusted the first post.

Ciao

John Mayhugh

« Reply #84 on: November 16, 2009, 05:26:52 PM »
Looks like I will be flying into Heathrow, arriving 15 Sept at 7:40 AM.  My return flight is also from LHR on 21 Sept, but not until 14:25.

Anyone interested in car-pooling, send me a message. 

Bill_McBride

« Reply #85 on: November 16, 2009, 07:09:33 PM »
Sean, here is my response to your query early on:

"If folks could indicate the following I would appreciate it:

- 18 or 36 on Friday?  36
- Dormie House on Thursday?  If so, single or twin?   No, will look for nearby B&B
- Clyne on am Saturday?   No
- 18 or 36 on Sunday?  36

Thanks for making all these arrangements, looks great!

Sean_A

Re: BUDA CUP VIII @ Pennard 2010: Clyne Booked
« Reply #86 on: November 23, 2009, 10:08:08 AM »
See opening post for updated details.

Ciao

Sean_A

Re: BUDA CUP VIII @ Pennard 2010 : 21 Pests on Board
« Reply #87 on: November 25, 2009, 10:45:20 AM »
Pests are still crawling in!  See opening post for update.

Ciao

Andrew Mitchell

Re: BUDA CUP VIII @ Pennard 2010 : 21 Pests on Board
« Reply #88 on: November 25, 2009, 11:45:56 AM »
Sean
Just to confirm our conversation at Beau the other week but I'm afraid I won't be at Buda 2010  :(

It was a tough call to make but its a direct clash with the 25th playing of my Hackers group trip. We are repeating the first trip and going back to North Berwick for three days and, as one of the founding fathers, I was persuaded that I should be there.

I'll miss Buda but will hopefully be back in 2011.
2014 to date: not actually played anywhere yet!
Still to come: Hollins Hall; Ripon City; Shipley; Perranporth; St Enodoc

Sean_A

Re: BUDA CUP VIII @ Pennard 2010 : Only Two Spots Remaining at Porthcawl
« Reply #89 on: December 01, 2009, 11:03:12 AM »
All

Its getting to nitty gritty time with making a decision.  There are two spots left @ Porthcawl.  It is possible if we get 2-3 reserves that I can get an extra time at Porthcawl, but I won't cross that bridge until I get there.  See opening post for updates.

Ciao

Brian Phillips

« Reply #90 on: December 01, 2009, 11:52:00 AM »
Sean,

I am in.

Will come back with total number of rounds later tonight.

Cheers,

Brian
Bunkers, if they be good bunkers, and bunkers of strong character, refuse to be disregarded, and insist on asserting themselves; they do not mind being avoided, but they decline to be ignored - John Low Concerning Golf

Bill_McBride

« Reply #91 on: December 01, 2009, 11:55:01 AM »
Sean,

I am in.

Will come back with total number of rounds later tonight.

Cheers,

Brian

I volunteer to referee the discussions between you and Scott about New South Wales!  ;D  Looking forward to meeting you at the Buda Cup.

Ben Stephens

« Reply #92 on: December 02, 2009, 02:54:21 AM »
Sean,

Forgot to confirm that I am OK for 36 at Porthcawl on Friday and 36 at Pennard on Sunday
Hope I got in time!! ;D

Would be good to see the changes they have done at Porthcawl - New 1st tees and new 12th green etc.

Cheers
Ben
« Last Edit: December 02, 2009, 02:57:41 AM by Ben Stephens »

Brian Phillips

« Reply #93 on: December 02, 2009, 03:06:21 AM »
Sean,

I have just realised what I think you meant.  You did not mean there were places left on the whole trip did you?

If not put me down as a reserve then.  If you did have room for the trip then put me down as a definite.
Bunkers, if they be good bunkers, and bunkers of strong character, refuse to be disregarded, and insist on asserting themselves; they do not mind being avoided, but they decline to be ignored - John Low Concerning Golf

Sean_A

« Reply #94 on: December 02, 2009, 03:27:02 AM »
Sean,

I have just realised what I think you meant.  You did not mean there were places left on the whole trip did you?

If not put me down as a reserve then.  If you did have room for the trip then put me down as a definite.

Brian, yes, there are two full places left - as things stand.  If a chap doesn't have info next to his name I haven't received his deposit, but he has said the cheque is in the post - as it were.  I won't actually confirm a place until the deposit is received.  If we get enough numbers (probably at least 26) to warrant seeking another time @ Porthcawl I will make enquiries.  I would think 28 @ Pennard should be enough.

Ciao

Mark Pearce

« Reply #95 on: December 02, 2009, 03:59:50 AM »
Sean,

It occurs to me that I forgot to tell you that I will play 36 on the Sunday, as, I think, will Conrad.
In June I will be riding the first three stages of this year's Tour de France route for charity.  630km (394 miles) in three days, with 7800m (25,600 feet) of climbing for the William Wates Memorial Trust (https://rideleloop.org/the-charity/) which supports underprivileged young people.

Robin_Hiseman

« Reply #96 on: December 02, 2009, 04:15:25 AM »
Sean

Please put me down for 36 on Sunday too.

Thanks
Robin
2024: Royal St. David's(x2); Mill Ride(x7); Milford; Notts; JCB(x2), Jameson Links, Druids Glen, Royal Dublin, Portmarnock, Old Head, Addington, Parkstone, Denham, Thurlestone, Dartmouth, Rustic Canyon, LACC (North), MPCC (Shore), Cal Club, San Francisco, Epsom, Casa Serena (CZ), Hayling

Tony_Muldoon

« Reply #97 on: December 04, 2009, 09:06:52 AM »
To follow on the Monday there's a trip to Southerndown.

To keep Sean's thoughts clear it has its own thread.

http://golfclubatlas.com/forum/index.php/topic,42421.0/

Please indicate on that thread if you like to participate. All welcome.

Let's make GCA grate again!

Philip Gawith

« Reply #98 on: December 04, 2009, 03:49:11 PM »
Sean i have difficulty getting my head around golf so far away but i would like to play 36 at Porthcawl and Pennard Sat pm and Sunday morning.

Sean_A

Re: BUDA CUP VIII @ Pennard 2010 : B&B Recommendations
« Reply #99 on: December 08, 2009, 09:58:46 AM »
Please see the link below for b&b recommendations in mumbles

http://golfclubatlas.com/forum/index.php/topic,42467.0/

Ciao

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back