News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Mike_Clayton

Re: What the heck's up with Geoff Ogilvy?
« Reply #25 on: September 29, 2009, 05:53:00 PM »
Terry,

Perhaps that is right - but you could say the same thing about every 27- 34 year old player in the world - except Tiger.

Anthony Butler

« Reply #26 on: September 30, 2009, 05:03:02 PM »
The over/under on Ogivy's career PGA Tour wins should be around 16.

I hope he's focused and ready to go next week in San Francisco. He's one of the few players who can take out any US player at the Presidents Cup, no matter how well they are playing.

I have a feeling Norman may pair him with Adam Scott in a fourball somewhere along the way.
Next!

Joel_Stewart

« Reply #27 on: October 02, 2009, 04:50:58 PM »
I was watching the Turning Stone tournament today and they showed Nick O'hearn who I thought was another player from down under that was going to do big things.   What happened to him?

Trent Dixon

« Reply #28 on: October 02, 2009, 05:24:25 PM »
Not certain but I think Nick O'hern has had some injury troubles, and his wife had a very difficult pregnancy a couple of years ago around the time he was really starting to make an impression. She was in hospital for the last few months of her pregnancy.

Jim Tang

« Reply #29 on: October 02, 2009, 09:48:32 PM »
First off, I am not a Tiger fan. 

Ogilvy is just going through what all other mortals go through, the ups and downs associated with golf. 

To me, that is why Tiger is so amazing, even though it kills me to admit that.  Tiger is there every single week.  He has a wife, kids, a foundation, commercials, design business, input on Nike equipment and a million other things, but the guy shows up every week.  How does he do it?

Guys seem to be able to burn white hot for a period of time, and step up to Tiger's level for a period of months, maybe a season.  But, they flame out, need to recharge, and slowly build up their games again.

It is unfortunate, but I don't think we'll ever see one guy who can give Tiger a run for his money over an extended period of time, say 5 to 10 years.  Phil could have been that guy 3 or 4 years ago, but the Winged Foot Open was a huge blow, and now his personal life is in turmoil.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back