News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Mike Nuzzo

Re: Get to know Tim Gerrish is underway!
« Reply #25 on: October 02, 2009, 01:52:47 PM »
Good Stuff Tim & George.

How and when did you get your start (not what is on the company website)?
Who is responsible for new business in your office?
When will you be out on your own or can you keep the firm going in perpetuity?
(assuming you survive this recession)

Congratulations and cheers
Thinking of Bob, Rihc, Bill, George, Neil, Dr. Childs, & Tiger.

Tim Gerrish

Re: Get to know Tim Gerrish is underway!
« Reply #26 on: October 03, 2009, 11:47:41 AM »
Mike,

How and when did you get your start (not what is on the company website)? 

Started drafting with Mr. C. while at graduate school for Landscape Architecture at UMass in1996.

Who is responsible for new business in your office?

EVERYONE

When will you be out on your own or can you keep the firm going in perpetuity?
(assuming you survive this recession)

We have several small renovation projects underway now (George Wright, Shennecossett, Brooklake CC, NJ).  Phase two at Waubeeka GC (medium sized renovation) has just started.  Waubeeka is an engaging project since the owner has an interest in classic CB/Raynor design.  Two new courses in the northeast are on hold.  It is going to be a long winter, but there are always things to do, (couple master plans) along with my continued connects with Brian Silva we should weather the storm.  Even when everyone was building upteen new courses a few years ago, we always maintained our renovation/restoration projects.

My wife (landscape architect) is finding some time to work now that the girls are in school full time.  I am helping her get more work (being the licensed LA) and we have several commercial projects.  I have no plans to go on my own at this point since that would be financial suicide.  Of course I just read an article about Rees Jones when he broke away form his dad during a recession.  There is a chance of using my dual citizenship (British) in some way working with someone in Asia or Europe.  But uprooting my family will be difficult now that we are in a good school and have many friends in Providence. 

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back