News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Craig Sweet

Re: GRUDGE MATCH/WINE VALLEY pictorial.......COMPLETED
« Reply #175 on: August 16, 2009, 07:26:16 AM »
if that mound looks like Garland on his back I'd say he needs some manscaping.
LOCK HIM UP!!!

Anthony Gray

« Reply #176 on: August 22, 2010, 09:59:49 AM »

Bump

Jud_T

« Reply #177 on: August 22, 2010, 10:08:48 AM »
Place looks awesome....I hope given the name that they have a good selection of local wines at the 19th hole....
Golf is a game. We play it. Somewhere along the way we took the fun out of it and charged a premium to be punished.- - Ron Sirak

Pete_Pittock

« Reply #178 on: August 22, 2010, 06:17:29 PM »
The 54 hole Northwest Open Invitational (I know that is an oxymoron) starts at Wine Valley on Monday. First real test with top flight regional pros and amateurs, with the possible exception of these participants.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2010, 01:54:45 AM by Pete_Pittock »

John Moore II

« Reply #179 on: August 22, 2010, 06:28:39 PM »
I want to know when and where the next Grudge Match will take place. And between whom?

Colin Macqueen

« Reply #180 on: August 22, 2010, 11:19:19 PM »
Anthony,

What a great idea to bump this thread on it's first anniversary (near enuff?! That one's for you Anthony!). This thread appeared before I was allowed to grace these pages and so I had missed it. The pictures allow me to see the course from a perspective I am used to - lots of trouble found.  The commentary by you was excellent and the philosophical approach taken by the combatants was just hilarious. It is golf course architecture as mere mortals playing with mid- to high-handicaps seem to experience it - namely not too much! Thank you Garland and Kalen for your asides and ripostes as the ongoing match was described by your intrepid moderator. Finally the musings from ringside by Tom, George etc. were very funny as well. I suspect that the memories of this day are still vivid but the resurrection of this thread has allowed the joy of this golf match to be spread to alll us newbies.

Thanks, Colin.
"Golf, thou art a gentle sprite, I owe thee much"
The Hielander

Garland Bayley

« Reply #181 on: January 08, 2014, 01:58:38 AM »
Bump for Jason.

I don't think he had the, ahem, pleasure of knowing Anthony Gray. ;D
"I enjoy a course where the challenges are contained WITHIN it, and recovery is part of the game  not a course where the challenge is to stay ON it." Jeff Warne

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back