News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Brent Hutto

Columbia CC on Monday
« Reply #175 on: November 03, 2009, 09:16:15 AM »
It's my current understanding that Steve Wilson will be playing at Columbia CC on Monday at Noon and that Lou Duran is considering playing there as well if he can do so and make his flight out of CAE that afternoon. Jon Heise (sp?) had also mentioned playing there with Turboe an additional possibility.

Here's the deal, there is a one-day stroke play event at 10.00am that morning with up to 60 players. So the Noon players will be teeing off the third nine and then making the turn to the front nine behind that large tournament. That may pose a delay on our second nine or it may not, that depends on whether they have a full field and how slowly they play. Quite likely we won't catch up to the tail end of the field until the last few holes of our round.

Michael Whitaker,

I'm assuming when you talked to pro-shop guys you did not make a tee time per se. Under that assumption I am going to try to get our group the first (12 Noon) slot if possible. It looks like a single foursome will be enough but if anyone else is planning to play let me know today. Of course for those who are not catching a late-afternoon flight, starting at 12.20-12.30pm or similar won't be a big deal but Lou needs to get teed off and get going if he's going to play.

JC Jones

Re: Dixie Cup 2009 - Another One Bites The Dust!
« Reply #176 on: November 03, 2009, 09:20:31 AM »

Is a tie mandatory for dinner friday night?

Anthony

No, just jackets - and trousers!  ;D

And SHIRTS too.  You never know with Dr Gray.
I get it, you are mad at the world because you are an adult caddie and few people take you seriously.

Excellent spellers usually lack any vision or common sense.

I know plenty of courses that are in the red, and they are killing it.

Anthony Gray

« Reply #177 on: November 03, 2009, 04:31:49 PM »

Is Biil McBride going to bring his posse that he had at The Kings Putter?

Michael Whitaker

« Reply #178 on: November 03, 2009, 07:03:18 PM »
I'm disappointed that some of you guys participating in the Dixie Cup don't read my emails.  >:(

Dinner:  Jackets required - No ties required

Golf at Palmetto:  please be at the course by 7:30AM. The pro wants to get our first group out around 8:00AM.

BRENT:  We have no set tee times at Columbia CC. Chris Sparrow told me he would work with our folks as best he could. There is an outing at the club on Monday and he does not think he can get anyone out before 12:00noon. No one has registered with me for golf on Monday, so you know a lot more about this than I do. Thanks for taking the lead on the Monday golf... I officially (and willingly) turn Monday over to your capable hands!  ;D Thanks!!!!!!!!!!

Attire: Northerns always show up in some shirt with a Long Island or Top 100 golf club logo... I don't expect this Dixie Cup to be any different. Southerns (the poor dirt farmers that we are) can't afford to visit those fancy clubs, so we usually show up in shirts with Myrtle Beach course logos. As I write this I'm sure there are Southern Dixie Cup wives busting their knuckles on scrub boards trying to clean the tobacco juice out of their man's Myrtle Beach shirts. It almost brings a tear to my eye. ;)
"Solving the paradox of proportionality is the heart of golf architecture."  - Tom Doak (11/20/05)

JC Jones

« Reply #179 on: November 03, 2009, 07:15:53 PM »
I'm disappointed that some of you guys participating in the Dixie Cup don't read my emails.  >:(

Just Dr. Gray

Attire: Northerns always show up in some shirt with a Long Island or Top 100 golf club logo...

Good, now I've decided what I'm going to wear!  ;D

« Last Edit: November 03, 2009, 07:24:23 PM by JC Jones »
I get it, you are mad at the world because you are an adult caddie and few people take you seriously.

Bill_McBride

« Reply #180 on: November 03, 2009, 07:22:58 PM »

As I write this I'm sure there are Southern Dixie Cup wives busting their knuckles on scrub boards trying to clean the tobacco juice out of their man's Myrtle Beach shirts. It almost brings a tear to my eye. ;)

This may be the funniest post of 2009.  Thank you, thank you, thank you.  

We need more strokes.

Roger Wolfe

« Reply #181 on: November 03, 2009, 07:37:34 PM »
I assumed it was shirts (North) vs skins (South).

Bill_McBride

« Reply #182 on: November 03, 2009, 07:39:15 PM »
I assumed it was shirts (North) vs skins (South).

Trust me Roger, you do not want to see the South team sans shirts.   :o

Eric Smith

« Reply #183 on: November 03, 2009, 07:40:54 PM »

what kind of shine ya want in your dixie cup boys?
« Last Edit: November 03, 2009, 07:54:24 PM by Eric Smith »

Anthony Gray

« Reply #184 on: November 03, 2009, 08:04:30 PM »

From the heart of my bottom it is an honor to play for my caption Bill McBride.

Anthony

Jon Heise

« Reply #185 on: November 03, 2009, 08:09:31 PM »
what kind of shine ya want in your dixie cup boys?

The blue one, the blue one! hahah

Packing up the car and heading down there at about 11pm tonight.  Maybe I'll sneak in a round at Tanglewood in Winston Salem, who knows!  See ya'll down there.
I still like Greywalls better.

Mike Hendren

« Reply #186 on: November 04, 2009, 09:30:45 AM »
I have the same strategy for choosing shine and cool-aid:  Always pick red.

Two Corinthians walk into a bar ....

JC Jones

« Reply #187 on: November 04, 2009, 09:50:52 AM »

Im just glad to see you alive after a night w/ Hancock.

Kalen Braley

« Reply #188 on: November 04, 2009, 10:16:08 AM »
You guys better hope the temps aren't too warm or Anthony will be debuting his new "warm weather" golfing gear!!   ;D

Eric Smith

« Reply #189 on: November 04, 2009, 10:17:54 AM »

And don't forget roulette!  Though it's called rouge at Paris - Las Vegas

Eric Smith

« Reply #190 on: November 04, 2009, 10:21:23 AM »
Good grief Kalen , you've spoiled my breakfast burrito  :P

Tim Taylor

« Reply #191 on: November 04, 2009, 11:53:23 PM »
I hope I don't draw this guy for a match at the Dixie Cup.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/33621048/ns/us_news-weird_news/

Tim

Michael Whitaker

« Reply #192 on: November 05, 2009, 12:17:20 AM »
Rodell's not a bad old boy, he's just lonely. This brings new meaning to "gettin' a little sugar."

Maybe Rodell and Sugar should go to New York and get married... any couple can get married there. It seems Rodell could benefit by being added to Sugar's healthcare policy.
"Solving the paradox of proportionality is the heart of golf architecture."  - Tom Doak (11/20/05)

JC Jones

« Reply #193 on: November 05, 2009, 08:37:14 AM »
I hope I don't draw this guy for a match at the Dixie Cup.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/33621048/ns/us_news-weird_news/

Tim

In South Carolina, apparently that is called "buggery."  In my world, that is called F***d Up.

Im leaving shortly, should be pulling into the bar at the Aiken Hotel around 9-930.

Daryl "Turboe" Boe

Re: Columbia CC on Monday
« Reply #194 on: November 05, 2009, 11:19:21 PM »
It's my current understanding that Steve Wilson will be playing at Columbia CC on Monday at Noon and that Lou Duran is considering playing there as well if he can do so and make his flight out of CAE that afternoon. Jon Heise (sp?) had also mentioned playing there with Turboe an additional possibility.

Brent several business trips have messed up my plans for this week as well as next (possibly).  Let me know if there is an opening for Monday and once I find out what my deal is next week I will let you know.  Right now it looks like I have to be in Tampa Tue morning for some meetings so I will have to travel on Monday.  Unfortunatley that would also make Tue at The Mill impossible as well.  If the FL trip falls through I will let you all know over the weekend.

Good luck to all Dixie Cuppers.
Instagram: @thequestfor3000

"Time spent playing golf is not deducted from ones lifespan."

"We sleep safely in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

Daryl "Turboe" Boe

Re: Columbia CC on Monday
« Reply #195 on: November 06, 2009, 12:00:48 PM »

Brent several business trips have messed up my plans for this week as well as next (possibly).  Let me know if there is an opening for Monday and once I find out what my deal is next week I will let you know.  Right now it looks like I have to be in Tampa Tue morning for some meetings so I will have to travel on Monday.  Unfortunatley that would also make Tue at The Mill impossible as well.  If the FL trip falls through I will let you all know over the weekend.

Good luck to all Dixie Cuppers.

Brent,

I just got an email and phone call that appear to have canceled my Monday trip to FL.  Is there an opening at Columbia CC on Monday?  And what is the time? 

Instagram: @thequestfor3000

"Time spent playing golf is not deducted from ones lifespan."

"We sleep safely in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

Brent Hutto

Re: Dixie Cup 2009 - Another One Bites The Dust! New
« Reply #196 on: November 06, 2009, 05:34:57 PM »
We have one tee time at 12.34pm Monday but I should be able to add more. I'll call tomorrow morning and confirm.

The course opens at 12.00 on Mondays and there will be just a couple groups ahead of us.

Turboe,

As per much after-round discussion at Camden this afternoon, looks like we're shifting over to Cobblestone Park (nee University Club) tomorrow morning so that guys can get on the road/plane earlier than they could playing at 12.24pm. I can still play at Columbia CC in the afternoon so I'll send you E-mail and GCA PM to touch base...
« Last Edit: November 08, 2009, 05:26:43 PM by Brent Hutto »

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back