News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Charlie Goerges

neat golf courses in google earth
« on: June 17, 2009, 09:30:51 AM »
I've gradually marked several golf courses that have caught my eye in google earth. If you are a google earth user you can open the attached kmz file and then your places in the program will contain the markers that I've created. You just need to double-click the course marker on the left and it will jump to that course.

I was thinking that other folks could upload their own lists of courses for us to import and look at.

I want to call attention to Royal Melbourne because it is a very sharp and high resolution image. You might find it interesting.

Note, you'll have to download and unzip the file and then use Google Earth to open it.
Severally on the occasion of everything that thou doest, pause and ask thyself, if death is a dreadful thing because it deprives thee of this. - Marcus Aurelius

Emil Weber

Re: neat golf courses in google earth
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2009, 09:44:38 AM »
Thanks, Charlie! Actually I think all the Sandbelt courseslook great on Google Earth, especcially KINGSTON HEATH (Heatherton, vic, aus -> Kingston Heath golf club). Links look great too...

Tim Bert

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2009, 10:17:36 AM »
Longshadow was particularly interesting to me following theDixie Cup because the images on Google Earth were from construction phase. The resolution was pretty good. Haven't looked at it in a while to see if it has been updated but it is worth it to check it out.

Mark_Rowlinson

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2009, 01:44:47 PM »
I have KMZ files of all the golf courses in England and Wales, some in Scotland (not all hi-res, although I haven't looked for some time), some in Ireland and a lot in Europe. I should be happy to e-mail them as attachments to any GCA member who so wishes:

markrowlinson@btopenworld.com

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back