News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Mike Sweeney

Phil Young and I will be having dinner on Tuesday June 16th at 6:00 PM at the Mike Young and Mike Whitaker approved Southern Rib Joint - Brother Jimmy's at 92nd and Third Avenue.

http://www.brotherjimmys.com/

Please let us know if you would like to attend. Brother Jimmy's is family style, so last minute is okay.

Brother Jimmy's
1644 Third Avenue @ 92nd Street

Tuesday June 16 @ 6:00 PM
« Last Edit: June 11, 2009, 03:13:28 PM by Mike Sweeney »

Matt_Ward

Mike:

I would like to -- but will be attending the MGWA National Awards dinner that evening at the Hyatt Greenwich.

Joe Bausch

Dear Mike,

I'll be there!

Sincerely,
Joe Burbeck
-----------------------
@jwbausch (for new photo albums)
The site for the Cobb's Creek project:  https://cobbscreek.org/
Nearly all Delaware Valley golf courses in photo albums: Bausch Collection

Steve_ Shaffer

It's a definite possibilty for me provided I can get from Black to midtown without my limo.

"Some of us worship in churches, some in synagogues, some on golf courses ... "  Adlai Stevenson
Hyman Roth to Michael Corleone: "We're bigger than US Steel."
Ben Hogan “The most important shot in golf is the next one”

Patrick Kiser

Might be able to attend.  I'm in town for a few conferences, and I'll see if I can free myself from any other obligations / engagements.
“One natural hazard, however, which is more
or less of a nuisance, is water. Water hazards
absolutely prohibit the recovery shot, perhaps
the best shot in the game.” —William Flynn, golf
course architect

Jay Flemma

With regret I must decline.  While I'd love to see everyone and meet Phil in person, my duties at the course won't let me leave till much later.  Where will post-dinner drinks be?
Mackenzie, MacRayBanks, Maxwell, Doak, Dye, Strantz. @JayGolfUSA, GNN Radio Host of Jay's Plays www.cybergolf.com/writerscorner

mark chalfant

That sounds great , I plan to attend around 7pm

Mike Sweeney

Where will post-dinner drinks be?

At Chalfant's apartment!  ;)
« Last Edit: June 12, 2009, 06:11:14 PM by Mike Sweeney »

Michael Whitaker

Ahhhh... Brother Jimmy's... like home away from home for a Southern boy. I have to admit that it's good eatin,' but a half-rack dinner for $20.75???  ???  That's hard to take when my local joint, Henry's Smokehouse, gives you a half-rack dinner with all the fixings for $8.25 and a full for $13.50. Talk about your "cost of living." I guess the NY pigs, like the NY golf courses, are a higher class.  ;)

Dream On:  http://www.henryssmokehouse.com/

Wish I could be there with you guys, but I'm holding down the fort in Greenville, SC.

Plans are in the works for a GREAT Dixie Cup in late October or early November. Sorry for the delay, but it's proving to be a bitch to pull together.

Have a great time at the Open!!!

"Solving the paradox of proportionality is the heart of golf architecture."  - Tom Doak (11/20/05)

John Mayhugh

Mike S,

How does Brother Jimmy's compare to the BBQ place in Madison that Mike Young took us to?

Jaeger Kovich

I would very much like to join you guys, I live right around the corner. If I get back in the city in time (we have 3 outings tuesday) I will find you.

BTW: Their wings are really good too, been to the one on 78th st... really good!

Mike Sweeney

Mike S,

How does Brother Jimmy's compare to the BBQ place in Madison that Mike Young took us to?

This is the absolute truth. Brother Jimmy's was founded by a Jewish guy who went to Duke, Jim Goldman. I knew Jim back in the day but he sold out long ago.

Michael Whitaker is being a gentleman above by not taking cheap shots at my New York version of a rib joint!  8)

John Mayhugh

This is the absolute truth. Brother Jimmy's was founded by a Jewish guy who went to Duke, Jim Goldman. I knew Jim back in the day but he sold out long ago.

You can't make this up, can you?

Next time I'm in NY I need to check it out.

Jeff_Brauer

Can't make it but would love to, just to meet Phil and get an update on his nuts.......
Jeff Brauer, ASGCA Director of Outreach

Patrick Kiser

Confirmed...  ;)

course architect

Patrick Kiser

Phil / Mike / Mark / Steve,

Very nice to meet you in person this evening.

Some good stories and ... you guys have a mean appetite  ;D .  Good choice on the venue.

It's too bad we didn't take a picture.  I didn't think to bring my camera.

Here's to hoping we'll get a round going someday when I get a chance to revisit NY.  Cheers and enjoy the U.S. Open.

Phil,

Was it Granite Bay you were thinking of from Kyle?

« Last Edit: June 17, 2009, 01:24:45 AM by Patrick Kiser »
course architect

Phil_the_Author

Hi Patrick,

Yes, Granite Bay!

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back