News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Tom_Doak

Re: Sorry if I missed this: Golf in the Great Northwest
« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2009, 10:20:57 PM »
Tom:

The short answer is, I love to go play golf for fun, but I don't have that many opportunities to do so, because (A) I travel so much for business it's hard to take more time, and (B) When I do go back to my courses, the client or the superintendent have got 20 questions for me and won't let me just go play.

But I just got back from showing our intern around Crystal Downs (with clubs), and had a blast.

Ben Sims

« Reply #26 on: June 05, 2009, 10:39:19 PM »
Tom,

Your latest post reminded me. Is business good enough that Renaissance needs a private pilot?? ;D

Even so, I hope we see many more of these play and interview stories from you, Jim, or your associates. It gives us GCA freaks a chance to hear in your words what was happening when that bunker went in, or why that contour is placed there, etc.  And it lets us know you are indeed human after watching your tee shot on 17 ;).  In that vein, how is the book on Pacific Dunes coming?

Michael Robin

« Reply #27 on: June 06, 2009, 03:54:55 AM »
Ben
« Last Edit: June 06, 2009, 05:00:56 AM by Michael Robin »

Tom Huckaby

« Reply #28 on: June 08, 2009, 11:57:15 AM »
Tom:

The short answer is, I love to go play golf for fun, but I don't have that many opportunities to do so, because (A) I travel so much for business it's hard to take more time, and (B) When I do go back to my courses, the client or the superintendent have got 20 questions for me and won't let me just go play.

But I just got back from showing our intern around Crystal Downs (with clubs), and had a blast.

Tom - thanks for that, it's all totally understandable.  Methinks you just need a set of disguises for the return trips to Pacific, Rock Creek, etc.

;D

Tom Yost

« Reply #29 on: June 08, 2009, 11:39:29 PM »
I enjoyed the show and wish the Golf Channel had more programming like this that was architecture related.

Mr. Doak - despite your assertion that you played badly, it sure seemed like you were sinking a lot of 8-10 footers !!  Local knowledge of the breaks I guess...   ;)   I liked the story about the putter as well.

The course looks spectacular but for one thing that stood out as a bit out of character with the surroundings - the bright white bunker sand.  What's up with that?

Tom_Doak

« Reply #30 on: June 09, 2009, 12:03:01 AM »
Color of bunker sand is one area where we usually let our clients weigh in.  If they like it really white, we try to talk them out of it, but it's not something that I would really pitch a fit over.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back