News:

Welcome to the Golf Club Atlas Discussion Group!

Please note, each user is approved by the Golf Club Atlas editorial staff. For any new inquiries, please contact us and we will be in contact.

Mark Chaplin

Re: What Recession?
« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2009, 03:28:07 PM »
Joe - Delighted to see your numbers are doing well, year on year the British car market was nearly 60% down in January.

This will be a very interesting year for the British golf market. A course near me that cost £ms of Japanese money is now up for sale for the price of a 4 bed house in an acre of land in the same area.

Joining fees are disappearing quickly and some of the great 36 hole heathland courses that appeal to the big corporate days out are suffering a considerable loss in income. For them taking on new members would be easy but corporate is mid-week and your members all want Saturday and Sunday morning.
Cave Nil Vino

Bruce Katona

« Reply #26 on: March 02, 2009, 04:09:41 PM »
Terry: the misses and I had to pleasure of dinner at Mama's Fish House on the return leg from Hana when we revisitied Maui several years ago....enjoy your stay and I'm reliving our visit now....are you and the wife doing the sunrise at Mt. Haleakala?  My wife is not big on early rising, but we did it was worth the hassle of getting up early one morning !!

George Pazin

« Reply #27 on: March 02, 2009, 04:40:39 PM »
You're not paying for the 10 holes, you're paying to be one of the first folks to try it out.
Big drivers and hot balls are the product of golf course design that rewards the hit one far then hit one high strategy.  Shinny showed everyone how to take care of this whole technology dilemma. - Pat Brockwell, 6/24/04

Joe Hancock

« Reply #28 on: March 02, 2009, 06:18:08 PM »
You're not paying for the 10 holes, you're paying to be one of the first folks to try it out.

An aspect to the "notch in the bedpost" mentality I hadn't considered.

Joe
" What the hell is the point of architecture and excellence in design if a "clever" set up trumps it all?" Peter Pallotta, June 21, 2016

"People aren't picking a side of the fairway off a tee because of a randomly internally contoured green ."  jeffwarne, February 24, 2017

Dean Stokes

« Reply #29 on: March 02, 2009, 06:24:45 PM »
That's an interesting theory George. Have you ever paid that much to try just half of anything ???

I'd like to wait for the whole course to be ready myself, at which point the economy will much worse, the green fee will be in the region of $300 and I still wont play it ;)
Living The Dream in The Palm Beaches....golfing, yoga-ing, horsing around and working damn it!!!!!!!

George Pazin

« Reply #30 on: March 02, 2009, 06:29:29 PM »
That's an interesting theory George. Have you ever paid that much to try just half of anything ???

I'd like to wait for the whole course to be ready myself, at which point the economy will much worse, the green fee will be in the region of $300 and I still wont play it ;)

Dean, they're not targeting poor schmoes like me, they're targeting the folks that rode the bubble up and cashed out when their congressman stopped returning phone calls.

And btw, I can think of plenty of things I would pay that much to try half of, and most are legal.

:)
Big drivers and hot balls are the product of golf course design that rewards the hit one far then hit one high strategy.  Shinny showed everyone how to take care of this whole technology dilemma. - Pat Brockwell, 6/24/04

Kalen Braley

« Reply #31 on: March 02, 2009, 06:58:56 PM »
Guys

Any way you slice it, its still a better bang for your buck per hole...so I don't see what the big deal is.  :-\

I guess no one on this forum would go play Sheep Ranch either due to its lack of a formalized 18 holes.  :D

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back